Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Justin Cronin Spoilers!!!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

:radioactive: Justin Cronin Spoilers!!!

Figured I would start this thread, since there seems to be a lot of hype about it, including from Steve!

I am on page 50 and it's got me already..had me on page 18. Can't wait to see where he takes it from here.

I am hoping to have it finished by June 21 when I head to a reading/signing in Portsmouth NH!

Has anyone else read it and have comments?

Please remember to spoiler tag!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I'm 330 pages in and loving every minute of it. He takes it in some dramatically unexpected directions. I have deliberately avoided every review and article about the book because I don't want anything to spoil my enjoyment of this extremely well written novel.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/v/xzTN9gIxTbQ

Here he is in Houston earlier this week reading from the book:

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just started it and made it to about page 19. I'm really excited to see where he goes with it. I'm also excited to read a book that is compared to the Stand in epicness.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm making a special plea to everyone here. Please DON'T post any spoilers without marking them as such! I haven't yet received my copy.

John

Gunslinger Apprentice Cujo56 is on a distinguished road Cujo56's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

So far I'm digging it. On page 72 and will continue to read more tonight.
    Does anyone here have a proof copy with the plain white wraps? I see the 1st edition & the arc with pictorial wraps both have 700 & some pages. The white proof has over 900 pages. Would type and book dimensions account for this much difference or was that much story taken out before the final product?

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

oooo, now I want a proof.

I am on page 76 and loving it.....so much being introduced!! Can't wait to see where it's all goin. Hubby has to work tomorrow, I got a LOT of reading time ahead of me!!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great read so far!! I'm probably 250 pages in.

If you haven't bought a copy yet, you should.

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Lurking

Page 112....what the hell is going on in this book?!?!?!?!? LOL

I'm into the 600s and still loving it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nerak View Post
    Page 112....what the hell is going on in this book?!?!?!?!? LOL
    LOL...keep reading.

I'm finding it hard to put it down. Just had to take a ibuprofen cause my neck, back, and shoulder are hurting from just sitting and reading.

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone read any of Cronin's other works? I also feel (I'm around page 105) that this book draws the reader in so naturally.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

I haven't read his previous books, but I understand they are somewhat different to this one. I finished it this afternoon.

Spoiler:
    My biggest fear is that there would be a two-year cliffhanger, and in a way there was, but the book has enough of a satisfying resolution to certain storylines to make me happy...except for the two-year wait.

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

i borrowed this from the bookstore where i work yesterday and i think i'm going to have to put Ray Bradbury down to read it. I haven't heard a single bad thing about it and I don't think I can wait for Bradbury to get interesting when this thing is sitting there staring at me.

My Mood
    Lurking

ooooo so temptin to open that spoiler! But I won't...on page 202 and it just keeps getting better and better!

Can't wait til next Monday when I can meet him!!! I hope I can finish it before then!!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm getting ready to start reading it tonight - you guys are making me want to stay up all night and read it. Looking forward to getting started.

Gunslinger Apprentice woodpryan is on a distinguished road woodpryan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    I haven't read his previous books, but I understand they are somewhat different to this one. I finished it this afternoon.

Spoiler:
    My biggest fear is that there would be a two-year cliffhanger, and in a way there was, but the book has enough of a satisfying resolution to certain storylines to make me happy...except for the two-year wait.
    If you have finished it, you should do wikipedia a favor and make an article for it. Just what information you have about the plot will be helpful. I'm sure someone else can find the other information that is relevant to put up. If there still isn't one when I finish reading it (I doubt that), I will probably start one.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default I'm lovin it

Only page 60 and lovin it already.

Gunslinger Apprentice Lenny is on a distinguished road Lenny's Avatar

Don't know but these padded walls are NICE.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just finished it.
    WOW WOW WOW
    That was truly amazing.
    Need first editions of:
    1.Carrie
    2.Salem's Lot
    3.The Shining
    4.Night Shift
    5.THE PASSAGE uncorrected proof

My Mood
    Lurking

Page 331.....

Spoiler:
    I want to know where Amy is........

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoilers, people, spoilers!!

John

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This post is spoiler free

I'm at page 150, and so far the book is good. Any story that is a planned trilogy is going to take its time to develop. We'll see how the rest of the story goes.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just turned to page 130 and lovin' it! Trying to make this one last a while....

My Mood
    Lurking

page 367...need to get rid of the kids so I can read! LOL

Country
    Country Flag

Not sure what page I am on (the book is at home), I haven't been able to do much reading this week. I'll finish it this weekend though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast