Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Persons Unknown

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So what's everyone thinking about this last episode? Not the best by far, and Erika certainly didn't help either.

I'm still not sure what to think about Tori and the cab situation. Is she really dead? Was it staged? What about the video Moira saw?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I just caught up on the last two episodes and I think I can say I have no more idea of what's going on than I did two weeks ago.

What'd everyone else think of the last few eps.?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So I just caught up on episodes 6 and 7. I'm really not a fan of Erika. Her character is so annoying
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Tell me about it! I mean, it feels like she's only there to serve as a rock between Janet and Joe. "I got dibs." Did we need that?

And...I missed the new one last night! This new timeslot is seriously throwing me off.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

It's already up on ondemand. I'm watching it now. It's pretty interesting. We get some backstory on Joe

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, neat! I'll have to watch it tonight or tomorrow. I think we have...5 episodes left now?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Oh no, that's it! I'm really dying to know what's going on. Let me know what you think of this past episode.

Country
    Country Flag

I just finished the recent episode (it just showed up On Demand today for me) and overall, I really wasn't impressed. I liked that we got to see more of Joe's backstory, but the flashbacks (which were horrible) and Joe being "re-programed "(?), I just wasn't a fan.

I do hope that the last 5 episodes are aired though. Ratings for last week were horrible: about 1.68 million for episode 1.8. That's compared to the roughly 21 million for American Idol.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Well it's not surprising the ratings are going down. They keep changing the time on us. And they better air the remaining episodes. I'll be disappointed if we don't get to see what's going on.

Country
    Country Flag

Same here, but I think we will be able to see the remaining ones because they've been filmed, unlike Happy Town.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

But that's never stopped them from pulling episodes before Let's just hope that isn't the case here.

Country
    Country Flag

I guess in most of my experiences with cancelled TV shows--never mind, you're right.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Opinions of Saturday's ep? We don't get a new one until the 21st, it seems.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Opinions of Saturday's ep? We don't get a new one until the 21st, it seems.
    Not until the 21st How come?

Country
    Country Flag

Some kind of Visa Olympic thing going on during that time. I don't know much more than that.

I do think that it would've been awesome had Joe killed Erika, like you said. And I swear, every time I hear her call Janet "bright eyes," I want to punch her in the face.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

As do I!

Country
    Country Flag

Okay, so we actually got a new episode this week! Though I don't know if I'm totally satisfied with the whole Director and "Program" situation. I do like the new night manager better than the old whimpy one though.

Looks like Renbe and...(crap, what's the woman's name?) found a duplicate town.

And did I hear correctly? Is next week the finale?! I thought we had three more eps. left! This episode definitely doesn't feel like it's setting up for a finale next week.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

No, please tell me your kidding about it being the final episode next week!

Oh and I definitely didn't see the other town coming. I thought that was a nice surprise.

Country
    Country Flag

I did some searching last night about it, Heather, and found out that they're airing episode 11 (the next one) online first, and then it's airing on...the 27th, I think? Then on Saturday, it's the finale, but it's the final two episodes. So we're not getting cheated out of anything. Whew! I thought we were going to get Happy Town-ed!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Good that makes me feel better
    So are they going to show the next ep on saturday as well before the last two?

Country
    Country Flag

I think the next one comes on Friday. I'll have to double check though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

As amazing as the finale was, I have a ton of questions still:

1. Did Charlie really kill his wife?
    2. How was The Program able to show the "murder" of Charlie's wife on the TV?
    3. How many towns are there?
    4. When did The Program start? Why?
    5. What's with the Director
    6. Why is Janet special to the Director?
    7. How are participants chosen for the program?
    8. Why was Moira in a psychiatric institution?

And now after the finale:

1. Is Tori really alive?
    2. Was she part of The Program all along?
    3. Why and how did Mr. Fairchild get into the metal cage near Kat?
    4. Janet's mother made a "commitment" to The Program? How?
    5. How is Janet's mom affiliated with the Director?
    6. Was Blackham really part of The Program? How did he know Charlie's wife's name?
    7. In the elevators at the end, why did everyone seem to not know each other?
    8. Who brought everyone to Level 2?
    9. Why does Joe stay in Level 1 again?
    10. What is Level 2? Who brought them there?

Whew. I didn't realize I had so many!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

1. Is Tori really alive?
    Yes, and yes. At first when she was in the room with Joe when they were trying to reprogram him, I thought she might be a hallucination of his or something, but then her appearing at the end, said to me that she was involved with the program from the beginning. Although I'm a bit confused as to how she had a life outside of the program too. That's the only thing that's confusing me

I'm thinking that maybe she had possibly previously gone through the program before herself. Could it just be mandatory that they take the kids of these people in the future? Or possibly struck up some deal that she'd give her daughter if she could go free? But then remember that there were cameras in her house, so she wasn't really free was she?

6. Was Blackham really part of The Program? How did he know Charlie's wife's name?
    I must have missed this. What happened?

7. In the elevators at the end, why did everyone seem to not know each other?
    I think they all knew each other. They were just in shock of waking up again in the hotel. And maybe fearful of what was going to happen, so no one said anything.

My guess is that every round they have assignments. Maybe he was once a night manager, but for whatever reason they stuck him back at Level 1 again this time. Or maybe since he's turned he's now just like the others, fighting for his survival?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    1. Is Tori really alive?
    Yes, and yes. At first when she was in the room with Joe when they were trying to reprogram him, I thought she might be a hallucination of his or something, but then her appearing at the end, said to me that she was involved with the program from the beginning. Although I'm a bit confused as to how she had a life outside of the program too. That's the only thing that's confusing me
    The ending scene with her as the new Night Manager definitely threw me off wondering how she had a Program and outside of Program life. I mean, she seemed genuinely distressed when she was inside the town. I don't understand why her death was faked though.

I'm thinking that maybe she had possibly previously gone through the program before herself. Could it just be mandatory that they take the kids of these people in the future? Or possibly struck up some deal that she'd give her daughter if she could go free? But then remember that there were cameras in her house, so she wasn't really free was she?
    I had kind of thought something along those lines when the Director was in the board room near the end. I was thinking that maybe the "elders" vowed that when they had a child, they would put them in the Program. So that kind of goes along with what you were saying.

I must have missed this. What happened?
    Near the end when Blackham and Charlie were in the field, they had a little conversation that seemed a bit suspicious to me. It was something like:

Blackham: Do you miss Charlotte?
    Charlie: Yeah. Wait--how do you know my wife's name?
    Blackham: You told me.
    Charlie. No I didn't.

The way the conversation happened, it seemed like Blackham knew more than he let on to, but we don't know what.

My guess is that every round they have assignments. Maybe he was once a night manager, but for whatever reason they stuck him back at Level 1 again this time. Or maybe since he's turned he's now just like the others, fighting for his survival?
    Hmm, okay. That makes sense. I guess his role is to always "guide" the participants through Level 1. Unlike the last time, won't it be a little hard for Joe to hide his knowledge and past since Renbe's in the town now?

(And did I see Kat there too, or is she still in the cages?)
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I don't remember seeing her. I was thinking she was still in the cages, or possibly put into another town. I'd have to rewatch it more closely though.

And that conversation between Blackham and Charlie is a bit suspicious

I'm really hoping it gets picked up for a second season. There's so many directions they could take it in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast