Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Persons Unknown

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Persons Unknown

Did anyone watch this last night? I had been curious about it and thought it looked interesting. I wasn't expecting much but I was totally hooked by the first 5 minutes. I was really suprised, especially since I've found that not many shows out there have that effect.

I think I'm really going to enjoy this mini-series and since there is a confirmed start and end date, no chance of cancelation.

So if anyone watched it, what'd you think?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was good as well. I was certainly interested from the very start, though I have to say it comes off like a King story pretty much constantly.
    Heng Dai

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I thought the same. Kind of King+LOST+Saw-gore-Island.

I can't wait until next week.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Did anyone watch this last night? I had been curious about it and thought it looked interesting. I wasn't expecting much but I was totally hooked by the first 5 minutes. I was really suprised, especially since I've found that not many shows out there have that effect.

I think I'm really going to enjoy this mini-series and since there is a confirmed start and end date, no chance of cancelation.

So if anyone watched it, what'd you think?
    Hmmm, now you've got me interested! I'll have to look out for that, if it's ever on in the UK!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorDodge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Hmmm, now you've got me interested! I'll have to look out for that, if it's ever on in the UK!
    If you don't get it over there, check some sites like youtube, hulu, etc. and they may have them uploaded there.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I just watched this. I actually hadn't even heard of it till I saw this thread. It was definitely interesting and I'm quite curious as to where they're going to go with it.

When does it air on tv?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Monday nights at either 9:00pm or 10:00pm (I forget which). I can't wait until tomorrow!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks Ricky!

Country
    Country Flag

What everyone think of the episode the other night? I thought it was okay, nothing spectacular; the pilot was better. Though the mysterious things are really intriguing: fortunes, daughter phone call, the Chinese restaurant, etc.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

I agree that it wasn't quite as good as the pilot, but I thought it was still pretty good. "Joe" had some acting problems a couple of times, but it was good to see the blond chick actually speak, even if she is a bit ego-centric. The promo for next week looks great; maybe it will be their "Walkabout."
    Heng Dai

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked the promo for next week as well. Looked like there was some sort of underground chamber and gas release. Wonder where that's going.

So far, Moira is the most intriguing character to me.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I thought it was really good. Especially the part where they drive out of town, only to drive right back in! I'm dying to know what's going on. And the phone call was very interesting. Do you think her mom is in on it?

Country
    Country Flag

Hmm...that's a hard call to make. It sure seems like it sometimes, doesn't it? Then again, it seemed like she had nothing to do with the phone call. Maybe she's written that way to throw off the audience.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

I am wondering if maybe the people in the town are not the targets, but members of their families. The mom, the blond chick's dad...maybe? Perhaps the people in the town are being honed to be used as weapons.
    Heng Dai

Oh, good call Aaron. I hadn't really thought of that, but you could be onto something. The only thing is though, that for the outside world they've really only shown that one woman's family.

Do you guys think the people in the town are somehow all connected together? We really don't know much about quite a few of them still. And I was kinda wondering if one of them was a plant and is really in on the whole thing.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Do you guys think the people in the town are somehow all connected together? We really don't know much about quite a few of them still.
    Actually, I thought the exact same thing when the girl's fortune read "Kill your neighbor and you'll go free."

It sure seems like she doesn't recognize Joe as a neighbor, but maybe there's a deeper connection there? Then again, the word neighbor could be used metaphorically (as in they are both kidnapped).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

So do you guys have any theories for what's going on? I haven't got the slightest clue And how many more episodes do we have left?

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for bumping the thread, Heather. I've been meaning to post hear but since it's not in my "unread posts", I haven't been in here lately.

Did you see the episode this past Monday? The cab...the truck...Joe knowing the Chinese people...Tori...what is going on?!

As far as theories go, the only thing I have come up with is that it's some kind of experimentation thing. Other than that, I have no idea either!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

I did, but did they change the time it's on. For some reason I thought it was 10pm and I turned the tv over to that channel but it wasn't on. Luckily they have it online so I was able to catch it.

The only thing I've been able to figure out so far was that one of them was in on it I thought the cab thing was really interesting. And how is it that they keep ending up back in town?! I'm curious to know what's going to happen to the girl that left in the cab at the end of the episode. Will she make it back alive?

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, they fooled me too! It was on 8:00pm here which was really odd. I wonder if that's the new timeslot or just for that night?

The cab thing was definitely really strange. There's just so many things to question, I don't know where to start.

As to how they keep ending up back in town, do you think the town could be some kind of virtual reality thing? That way the environment is controlled and the "participants" can't leave? That's the only explanation I can come up with.

As far as Tori in the cab, I have a bad feeling about her safety. She just fits the stereotype of the one who always gets killed of first.

Here's something really interesting (and strange) though:

http://www.helpfindtori.com/
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

I apparently missed it, and didn't even realize I had. I thought they were taking a week off due to the two-hour Last Comic Standing semi-finals. It would have been nice if they had warned us they were changing the timeslot.

I should be able to catch up on Hulu, though, so I guess it's not a total loss.
    Heng Dai

Country
    Country Flag

Apparently according to NBC.com the new time is 8/9c.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

But that was the old time...or did you mean 9/8c?
    Heng Dai

Country
    Country Flag

No, the old time was 10/9c. It's been moved back to 8:00pm, swithcing places with Last Comic Standing.

Heather, there are 9 episodes left, making it a 13 episode mini-series.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Thanks! So we're not quite halfway through.

Aaron, you can catch it on nbc.com. I thought it might have taken a break this past week as well, but then I saw they had the new episode up online to view. I'll have to try to remember that's it on earlier now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast