Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: You Can't Kill Stephen King

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default You Can't Kill Stephen King

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...s.php?id=15324

A call for cast and crew made today landed on our radar and involves a film prepping to shoot in Maine this August.

Monroe Mann, of Unstoppable Artists, is looking for key players in a "story centers around Stephen King. No more can be said about the story at this time except that it is unique, with a concept that everyone seems to like and a fun twist ending," says the announcement. Mann breaks down what he's looking for (right down to the cup size on his actresses?!) at the Rhode Island Film Collaborative site.

So, with scant details to go on, what can we expect from the film? Something akin to George Lucas in Love? Full of in-jokes that puts the author front and center as the main character? Or perhaps something in the vein of Necronomincon, which found H.P. Lovecraft up against, well, Lovecraftian evil?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Interesting

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some relevant quotes from the crew/cast call:

We are shooting an ultra low budget horror feature film in Maine this August.

We are shooting on Canon HF 100 cameras, High Def

One of the scenes involves a severed head

The lake house is literally 20 feet from what National Geographic calls 'one of the top five most beautiful glacier lakes in the world'.

the owner of the local marina on the lake, a skeevish looking person, country bumkin, think 'deliverance', odd person for sure, eerie and unsettling, a lascivious person who likes to lick his lips

local warden who patrols the lake. Professional, but again, eerie and unsettling

Gunslinger Apprentice BillyxRansom is on a distinguished road

This is probably going to be awful.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Denzel Washington will be playing the part of Stephen King.

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

or Chuck Norris

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

I'm sure King won't be too fond of this one

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Be funny if he did a cameo.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I thought perhaps David Hasselhoff or Carrottop should play the part of Stephen king.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    It'd be even funnier if he agreed to play any part EXCEPT the role of SK.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

did you see the comments at the bottom of the article...someone is not happy about horror movies at all.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Article View Post
    "It's a story about a lot of people getting killed -- murdered -- in the same way that Stephen King's characters die in his books," Mann explains.
    Oh my God.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

His life is indeed worthy of telling.

How someone came from such a meager background, and above all odds followed his dream to success... that's priceless.
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Traveler IrishEyes is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Bashful

It doesn't matter how horrifying (haha) it is...I'll watch it...twice...

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.fangoria.com/index.php?op...cles&Itemid=56
    Monroe Mann and Ronnie Khalil have a sense of humor about horror movies—and interviews. When Fango contacted them for a chat about their new slasher takeoff YOU CAN’T KILL STEPHEN KING (for which we premiered the trailer here), they replied by providing the questions as well as the answers regarding how the film came to be.

Mann and Khalil directed YOU CAN’T KILL STEPHEN KING with Jorge Valdés-Iga, wrote it with Bob Madia and appear in it as actors, along with Crystal Arnette, Kayle Blogna, Kate Costello, Jus Brown, Polly Humphreys, John Mancini, Michael Bernstein and Arthur S. Brown. It’s a takeoff on the genre that promises to be as irreverent as its creators…

FANGORIA: How would you describe YOU CAN’T STOP STEPHEN KING?

MONROE MANN: It’s a campy horror film about six friends who visit a lake where Stephen King lives and start to get killed off one at a time. Oh wait, did I just give away our amazing plotline?

RONNIE KHALIL: What can I say? We really wanted to do something groundbreaking in the horror genre by having friends get killed in a forest near a lake. We thought we’d be even more original and throw in some hot girls in bikinis. We fairly confident this will revolutionize horror as you know it.

FANG: What led you to come up with this idea?

KHALIL: Monroe and I met literally a week before we wrote the script at a book fair in New York. One of his friends cancelled on a trip to Maine the following weekend, and I took his spot—it happened to be the same lake where we shot the film.

MANN: Yeah, I grew up in Maine, on that very lake, and so the town has a lot of Stephen King lore surrounding it. It was raining that weekend, dark and gloomy, with lots of fog over the water, and I ended up sharing with Ronnie a true story about King. Next thing we knew, since we were stuck inside all day, we had written a first version of the screenplay. But it didn’t actually get finished and fully fleshed out until we brought on our co-writer and Stephen King expert, Bob Madia, who helped us complete the first official draft. We’re really grateful to Bob for throwing in all of the subtle—and not-so-subtle—King references.

FANG: Does King know about this film?

KHALIL: Mr. King was kind enough to read the script and smart enough to pass on it. But yeah, he is aware and was actually around the area during some of the filming.

MANN: I ran into him twice during shooting at the local markets. This film is really a homage to his great work and how much he’s influenced our generation. Fortunately, he has always been really supportive of young filmmakers. So even though he is not involved with the project, we’re hoping he likes the finished film and finds it both fun and funny.

FANG: Speaking of fun, this seems like it was a fun film to make. How was the production process?

MANN: Define “fun”…just kidding. It was tough—and anyone who was on set will agree. But looking back, I think we can all laugh about it. The on-set antics were just like a reality show. Half of our entire cast and crew were living in the cabin that was also one of the primary sets. More than 25 people were crammed into a lake house built for five, so there was definitely some drama. We are grateful for three saving graces: our co-director Jorge Valdés-Iga, co-producer John E. Seymore and the team at The Maine Studios—we couldn’t have done it without them.

KHALIL: I remember at one point, our AD looked at me and said, “So, you wanted to make a movie, huh?” then walked away laughing. We definitely had a lot of fun, but it was also a lot of work. We had three directors because there was so much to handle, and Monroe and I were both acting in the film. At one point, in between takes, I asked our production manager to find where the closest hospital was because I was losing consciousness.

MANN: We may have slept during a few takes too—

KHALIL: Yeah, we were pretty exhausted. Some of the crew were literally working 19-hour days. They weren’t complaining, though; I think it was because they were too tired. That was our strategy.

FANG: The trailer is very tongue-in-cheek; is the entire film like that?

KHALIL: That’s the goal. While watching the classic films of the late ’80s/early ’90s, what we liked the most was how seriously everyone takes the ridiculous moments, so we did our best to take everything seriously and shoot this like a real ’90s horror film. We also did our best to include the stereotypical characters, the ridiculous lines that move the plot forward for no reason, the cheesy wakeboarding scenes—it’s all intentional, but we never wanted the characters in on the joke.

MANN: When we wrote the original draft, we thought it was going to be a horror film with a few bits of comedy. However, after subsequent drafts and read-throughs with the cast, we realized how much goofiness ended up in the script and really embraced it. Our editor Gabriel Cullen and sound designer Bruce Chianese added the finishing touches. The movie definitely does have a few good scares in it, provided by our effects guys: Anthony Jones, who created all the prosthetics, and Eric Anderson, who made things horrifically bloody.

FANG: What are your hopes for YOU CAN’T KILL STEPHEN KING?

KHALIL: One of my friends just Facebooked me, asking me to let him know when this movie is coming out, ’cause he has “Wednesday Horror Nights” with his friends where they all get drunk and watch horror flicks. Most directors want their films to be released in 3,000 theaters, but to me, there is no greater honor than having your film watched by a bunch of good friends getting together, then quoting obscure lines in class or at their jobs.

MANN: Oh, I am one of those directors who wouldn’t mind 3,000 screens. Do iPod screens count?

FANG: What are your future plans?

MANN: Before I got deployed to Iraq with the Army in 2004-05, I was in the midst of producing a wakeboarding romantic comedy I co-wrote with Andrew Hyatt called IN THE WAKE. The war disrupted those plans, and I’ve been trying to get that project back on track ever since. I also have a comedy about my time in Iraq called OPERATION: JESSICA SIMPSON.

KHALIL: I’m working on a comedy/action flick that is blatantly politically incorrect, and is a little like HOT FUZZ meets TROPIC THUNDER. I’m also trying to produce a horror film in Cairo, Egypt, based on the Pharaohs.

FANG: What are some of your favorite horror movies?

KHALIL: I always liked the comedic horrors, like ARMY OF DARKNESS, SCREAM or DEAD ALIVE. Of course, there are the classics like ALIEN, MISERY and THE EXORCIST.

MANN: I like the SAW series a lot, I think because—in the end—the films always have a positive message: Don’t be bad. Of course, the means don’t justify the ends… But yeah, I liked those movies.

FANG: Any last words?

MANN: Great work to the amazing cast and crew, and special thanks to our executive producers, John Mancini, Carolina Vensius, Yassar Hosni and Debbie Bordelon. We all should be very proud of ourselves…we did it. Soul fist!

KHALIL: Last words? What is this, a snuff interview?

Country
    Country Flag

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That thing looks so bad it might actually be good!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Hehe, where do I buy the blu-ray? Did you see that nice shot of King hardcovers, mmm... books on a movie screen...

Gunslinger Apprentice Flygrl is on a distinguished road Flygrl's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gsvec View Post
    He actually might. By complete accident, lol. The producer said "a very low-level budget" and by the looks of things, most of this will be filmed using smartphones. However, I did lol a little @: Fake blood, hot babes, babes on babes, fog, more fog, creepy twins and low budget gratuitous violence.
    Do one thing every day that scares you... Eleanor Roosevelt

Country
    Country Flag

The trailer is pretty genius, I have to admit. At first I thought this would be ultra-terrible, but it looks very fun.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved the trailer. Where the hell can I view the actual film?

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it's released yet. Here's their official Facebook page, it's probably gonna be announced there: http://www.facebook.com/pages/You-Ca...79328272161554

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanna' see this NOW!

If you rescue me

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I've been waiting for you to post in here Brice
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast