Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: You Can't Kill Stephen King

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I would travel just to see it...like hitchiking.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articl...NEWS-120219936
    A film with a humorous take on Stephen King will premiere in the horror writer's home state of Maine in April.

"You Can't Kill Stephen King" will be part of this year's Lewiston Auburn Film Festival. The film will be shown on April 14 at the Community Little Theatre in Auburn.

The film follows a group of friends who visit Maine in hopes of meeting King, but come face-to-face with several eccentric characters. It's already received national mainstream attention in cinema magazines.

Festival organizers and the film's creators plan to send invitations to King, welcoming him to view the world premiere of the film. Co-director Monroe Mann says he hopes it will make King smile.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanna see this! Will be YouTubing the trailer when I get home. At the girlfriend's office waiting for her to finish up so we can go hooome.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

This looks fun
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched the trailer, it really doesn't look that bad! I laughed a number of times, and man oh man, pablo was right, seeing those books on screen gave me quite an off feeling of awesomeness.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched the trailer.....looks awful.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

He's gotta be loving this!!!! Browning you're a bit nuts, sorry!!! The "Camp" of it all is too delicious!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yes! The badder the better right
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

This is can't miss Cinema!!!! Bad is good
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ste...ing-2012-04-11
    Stephen King has long been a staple in the horror genre, penning such box office hits as The Shining, Carrie, Apt Pupil, and many more. But on Saturday, a new film premieres that immortalizes Mr. King, making him not only the subject of the film but possibly one of its killers.

“You Can’t Kill Stephen King” is a campy horror parody about a group of friends that vacation near a lake where Mr. King lives, and begin to get killed off one at a time in ways from his books. The friends must piece together a string of clues to stop the copy-cat killer, or risk falling victim themselves.

Judging by the trailer on YouTube, which is both funny and self-deprecating, the film doesn’t take itself too seriously and labels itself as “a horror film that breaks all the rules by not breaking a single rule.”

The film is the brainchild of Monroe Mann and Ronnie Khalil, an attorney/Iraq vet and a stand-up comedian respectively, who came up with the idea during a rainy day at the very lake they shot the film.

What does Mr. King think about the film?

“Well, he declined being in it,” says Khalil. “But we did get him the script very early on and he was kind enough to feature our trailer on his ‘unofficial news’ section of his website, so we’re thrilled about that.”

The premiere will take place at the Lewiston Auburn Film Festival this Saturday, April 14th, in the Mr. King’s home state of Maine, where so many of his books took place. The film is a hot ticket item at the Festival and Mr. King was sent a personal invitation.

“Well, I’m not really sure that’s going to happen,” says Mann. “But this film is an homage to him and his films, all of which have obviously influenced us as well many of the cast and crew. If he does come, we hope he laughs and enjoys it.”

To learn more about the film, visit www.cantkillking.com .

The Lewiston Auburn Film Festival will take place on April 13, 14 and 15, opening with a concert by Don McLean at the Franco-American Heritage Center in Lewiston. For ticket and film information, visit www.lafilmfestival.org .

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yay!

Along the Path of the Beam tumbleweed will become famous soon enough tumbleweed will become famous soon enough tumbleweed's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It just goes to show that King is immortal
    "If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter." -- George Washington

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

You didn't know?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.pressherald.com/life/go/s...012-04-12.html
    Sure, the Maine woods can be a little scary at night, but the real reason our fair state has a reputation for spine-chilling horror can be traced to one man.

Stephen King, I'm looking at you.

And so are the makers of the new comedy horror film "You Can't Kill Stephen King," which has its world premiere on Saturday as part of this year's Lewiston Auburn Film Festival (where it's nominated for best director and best film).

Featuring the typical horror movie gaggle of friends traveling to meet their idol King, the movie was filmed right in King's backyard of Bangor and other locations all over Maine (including Portland). The trailer (tinyurl.com/youcantkillSKtrailer) promisingly pokes fun at essentially every horror cliche in the book while delivering buckets of fake gore.

I spoke via email with two of the film's three directors -- Center Lovell native Monroe Mann and Ronnie Khalil -- about the challenge of making a successful horror spoof, and why Maine's master of horror was the only choice for the title.

Balancing horror and comedy is tricky business. What was your approach in finding the right mix?

Mann: Ronnie, (co-director) Jorge Valdes-Iga and I spent a lot of time watching old '80s and '90s horror movies prior to shooting in an effort to become comfortable with the genre.

Khalil: I think the secret is taking the hokey dialogue and ridiculous story with extraordinary seriousness.

The trailer indicates the movie is of the "pointing out horror cliches while engaging in them" school of horror comedy (a la "Scream"); what's your strategy there?

Mann: Yes, the trailer (and the film) are very campy, tongue-in-cheek. It's a fun, campy horror film, and we're very proud of how it turned out.

Khalil: Our film is funny if you're in on the joke, which we try to establish early on (and) then get away from. Our goal was to make a fun film that is also interesting to watch, 'cause if you're just playing the same gags over and over again, no one ever cares about the characters or the story. It was a tough balance, and we had quite a few "passionate discussions," aka "yelling at each other" about it.

Why did you pick Stephen King?

Mann: If anything, King picked us. Ronnie and I were vacationing in Maine (in the very lake house where we ultimately shot the film, and on the very lake where King lives), and it was raining the entire time. We couldn't go out on the lake, so we decided to write a funny horror story about Stephen King, whose lore helped inspire the plot. Two days later, we had a rough draft, and very soon we were off and killing.

Khalil: We felt a horror film about Judy Blume wouldn't be as interesting.

In naming it after him, was there any thought that King would champion it in some way?

Khalil: We were simply coming up with titles, and I think our sound guy suggested it, and everyone was laughing immediately. We knew it was a winner.

Mann: Any "championing" would be more an ancillary benefit than a purposeful strategy. In other words, should King decide to do some championing on our behalf, we'll be happy to welcome him aboard.

Any word from the man himself so far?

Mann: He read the script years ago and politely declined a cameo appearance in the film. However, he did recently post the trailer and a short blurb about the film on his official website, www.stephenking.com. So that's nice. We're hoping he will get a chance to see it -- we think he'll find it pleasantly amusing.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

"No Stephen Kings were harmed in the filming of this movie"

Love it.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Woohoo...People's choice award!!!!!!

http://talkstephenking.blogspot.com/...phen-king.html

Does whatever a spiderman does.

John F. Kennedy RichardHawes is on a distinguished road RichardHawes's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

Really cant wait to see this...Does anyone know if he actually attended?

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Oh! I hope he did!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...150803945.html
    Camelot Entertainment Group, Inc. (OTCBB: CMGR) ("Camelot") announced today that Camelot Distribution Group ("CDG") has acquired worldwide all-media rights for the horror comedy YOU CAN'T KILL STEPHEN KING, which will screen at the Marche Du Film in Cannes, France on May 17. Produced by Loco Dawn Films and Clownfish Productions, the film follows a group of friends in search of Stephen King.

"When I saw this trailer in November, I couldn't wait to see the feature," said Co-President of Distribution Jess Kelly. "It's well done with such a great hook. Camelot is excited to be selling the film at Cannes. It's this year's 'Tucker and Dale'."

The film was written by Monroe Mann, Ronnie Khalil, and Bob Madia and was directed by Mann, Khalil, and Jorge Valdes-Iga. The cast includes emerging talent from Crystal Arnette, Kayle Blogna, Kate Costello, and Justin Brown.

"14 years ago, I acted my way into the Cannes Film Festival as a 20-year-old wannabe; I'm pretty excited to be returning to Cannes, this time as a legitimate player, thanks to our cast, crew, and of course, Camelot. Pretty exciting!" stated Mann.

'KING' has garnered interest from festivals and fans from around the world, just recently winning the Peoples Choice Award at the Lewiston Auburn Film Festival.

"It's great to see we've gotten so much attention overseas," says Khalil. "The great thing about this film is you don't have to be a die-hard King fan to really enjoy it."

'KING' is about a group of friends who make a clueless and ill-fated decision to visit the lake where horror author Stephen King lives. As dead bodies begin to mount, one thing becomes clear: all the killings are straight out of Stephen King novels.

Reviews and press can be viewed at www.cantkillking.com

CDG will be at Cannes May 16-24, 2012 with Co-Presidents Jessica Kelly and Michael Kananack in attendance.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

wow does this mean that it might actually be a real movie eventually?

Country
    Country Flag

It already is.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

No, I mean like the movies they actually get put in theaters after the film festivals are over...like they did with 'Saw.'

Demon of the Prim stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold stkmw02 is a splendid one to behold

My Mood
    Inspired

Widespread theatrical releases of true independent, low/no budget films are incredibly rare. "Saw" cannot be compared to a movie like this... Perhaps they could strike a deal with a certain theatre chain?

John F. Kennedy RichardHawes is on a distinguished road RichardHawes's Avatar

My Mood
    Brooding

Any news on this? I want to see it pretty bad

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

They haven't posted much lately on Facebook so no telling what is going on.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast