Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: International purchasing and shipping help-Members assist each other

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Hi,
    i look for something that is cheap, but in Germany not so easy to become.
    A cover for: Joe Hill Heart-Shaped Box HC 2007 HarperCollins -Morrow.

pls PN

tks
    Do you want just a dustjacket?

Yes, only a dustjacket, i dont wanna order the ´complete´ book from the uk or usa. I have a good book, but without dustjacket.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll sell you a dj only for $29 + shipping.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Hello guys. This DANSE MACABRE looks quite nice and it so happens that I would like to upgrade my mediocre copy. This seller doesn't ship to Europe and for some reason eBay doesn't allow me to contact the seller directly to ask if he's willing to ship to The Netherlands.

Please PM me if you'd be willing to place a bid on my behalf. Thanks a lot!

*edit* I received several PMs, thanks a lot guys!

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

PM Sent

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wonderful community here.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Wonderful community here.
    Indeed!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Hmpff. Looks like the auction was ended early. I guess someone made the seller an offer he couldn't refuse? I really hate that...

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    Hmpff. Looks like the auction was ended early. I guess someone made the seller an offer he couldn't refuse? I really hate that...
    It also f*cks up all those who had sniper bids on it.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been guilty of "making an offer the seller can't refuse" and I don't feel bad about it. When I REALLY want an item, I'll do it!

John

Country
    Country Flag

I know, John... it's the way things work. It's just that I would understand it better if it were a signed/limited edition or another scarce item...but a trade hardcover?

Last edited by Patrick; 11-01-2010 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Follow-up discussion moved to SK Proofs thread

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

This might be a pet-peeve of mine, but if something is up for AUCTION, then I'm always kind of bothered when the auction is ended early for whatever reason ( usually because someone made an offer ) ... I mean, they have a MAKE AN OFFER feature at eBay, and when the person put the auction up, they didn't choose that option. It just seems unfair. I mean, I'm prepped for the auction to go until the end time. If making an offer was an option - they should have used that feature in eBay, so I'd know that the auction might be ended early and could plan accordingly .... just sayin'. :shrugs:

ETA: Oh, and to be clear - my issue there is with the SELLER who doesn't indicate to everyone that offers are accepted. I don't begrudge the buyer who takes the initiative. Not at all.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

And I agree with Pam - if a seller is open to offers it would be very nice to use the friggin' option... In that case I would have tried to establish contact with the seller and make him an offer. I guess I can file this under 'live and learn'.
    Last edited by Patrick; 11-01-2010 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Other follow-up discussion moved to SK Proofs thread

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Any suggestions on where I can order online in the UK for a 1st/1st of the UK Full Dark No Stars where it will be packed properly and safely?. I have tried ordering UTD twice from Amazon.uk and both times the book arrived terribly battered. (so I'm still out of a UK UTD). It's too much of a hit and miss with Amazon.uk. I really like Hatchards packaging but they do not stock Stephen Kings online. I'd love to know where everybody else get their UK editions.

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Waterstone's are doing a good deal on a pre-ordered UK FDNS hardcover.
    RRP - £18.99 for £10.99. The problem is of course, that their packaging is notoriously poor...remember the S/L UTD fiasco. Not sure about the cost of posting to USA so you would need to go online and go through the ordering process to find out. If you don't want to risk buying that way, maybe I can organise something from this side of the 'pond' for you if you want.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There is no-where in the UK that will package the book nicely, I buy from either Amazon or Book Depository, the problem is all online sites in the UK have free postage for books, dvd, games etc, which means they scrimp on packing to save money.

Your best bet is to buy two copies (they'll be sent seperate) from Book Depository, then you have a good chance one will arrive nice, like maybe one will have a good dj while the other will have the book itself in good condition. They have free worldwide shipping (I assume your in the US) so buying two from them (they beat Amazon on prices - slightly) wouldn't work out much more expensive than buying one from Amazon.uk and shipping it to the US.

Gunslinger Apprentice darkdiscoveries is on a distinguished road

This is a cool idea (helping people out with shipping overseas that is)! I've done this a couple times for friends like Rocky Wood, etc. and others have done it for me when it's something that only came out in Australia, UK, etc. or the seller won't ship overseas.

I'm happy to do this for anybody else here as well.

- James
    http://darkdiscoveries.com

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by darkdiscoveries View Post
    This is a cool idea (helping people out with shipping overseas that is)! I've done this a couple times for friends like Rocky Wood, etc. and others have done it for me when it's something that only came out in Australia, UK, etc. or the seller won't ship overseas.

I'm happy to do this for anybody else here as well.

- James
    http://darkdiscoveries.com
    Welcome James

Helping each other with UK/US shipping is just a small part of what our family here at DT.Org will do for each other. It's an incredible site filled with outstanding people.

You are welcome to stick around and be a part of the family and share your book collection, dreams, likes, dislikes, and everyday thoughts.

Welcome

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

What Ralph said.

Welcome to TDT.org, and Calvin's Corner in particular, James!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Thanks for the suggestions and offer. Mulleins has very kindly offered to get me the copies when he get his from his UK contact. It is rather discouraging trying to get something that must be rather common overseas with proper packaging. So I'm good for now.

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have to say after last year's printing of UTD (the trade edition) I am no longer ordering my "collectable" copies online. Part of the reason is the shipping issues, the other part is just how bad the original printing of these books was. I found atleast half the copies at the book store had flaws that were caused in the acutal printing of the book, not to mention flaws that were caused in the packing of the book from the printer.

I will now be buying these books at a book store so I can see what I am getting before I give up any money for them.

And as always I am willing to help out any of our members in other countries with getting any books you want from here.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Christine, I agree with you about buying current trade editions that you want to collect. Buying in person means you know the quality and the price differential should be pretty low or even non-existent.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Once again I ask for help. There is an eBay seller listing a number of nice items (some magazines and assorted other stuff) and I would like to bid on a couple of them but she won't ship outside the US (I sent her an email to make sure). Please PM me if you would like to help me out. We're not talking big $$, maybe $20-30 combined at most for a couple of thingies.

Thanks a lot!

- Michaël

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

message sent
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, brother B.!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Anytime, my friend!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast