Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: International purchasing and shipping help-Members assist each other

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm trying to order Grisham's upcoming signed book but the bookstore doesn't accept orders with CCs from outside USA. If anyone could purchase it for me (shipping is to Miami) I'd appreciate it a lot. I can pay via PayPal.

https://www.lemuriabooks.com/A-Time-...0385545969.htm
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Got help already!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Got help already!
    did you ask me? I use my wifes facebook account and she locked me out of messenger.

I love everyone one of his books.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad you got help already. Thanks for that link though... I’ll be buying a signed copy as well.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Got help already!
    did you ask me? I use my wifes facebook account and she locked me out of messenger.

I love everyone one of his books.
    I didn't bother you on Facebook...yet.

Thanks to everyone who offered to help!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm trying to order Grisham's upcoming signed book but the bookstore doesn't accept orders with CCs from outside USA. If anyone could purchase it for me (shipping is to Miami) I'd appreciate it a lot. I can pay via PayPal.

https://www.lemuriabooks.com/A-Time-...0385545969.htm
    Ari. Have you tried using a PayPal debt card? I've had success with that with international purchases that don't accept PayPal outright. My bank doesn't allow for international transactions.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Actually, I never tried that. Gotta check it out
    Thanks!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Actually, I never tried that. Gotta check it out
    Thanks!
    Most welcome. I don't use CC's and my bank will not make any exceptions for international debt card transactions. For good reason I suppose. So I discovered the PayPal debt card workaround I was always under the impression that CC's could be used worldwide though. Visa, MC, etc.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I'm trying to transfer a fairly large amount on PP F/F to Canada (CAD) but my "preferred payment option isn't available". I'm being hit with a ridicuolous transfer fee. Has anyone else had this happen? How else can I suggest to tranfer the money, but without the seller having to pay a currency transfer fee? He's fallen on hard times and is selling a book to make ends meet.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Does the transfer fee exist if you pay regularly (not f&f)?

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Yes. Actually no, the fee isn't there paying as a transaction. But it's a wash with the 2.9% transaction fee to get him the asking price. I was asked by someone else if I had funds to cover it in my account and I more than do. Is it because of my number of recent transfers?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know the answer to the transfer question but don't you as the payer, pay the 2.9% normally to transfer via f&f? If thats the case just add 2.9% to your transfer and bingo bango, sale done.

Nevermind, I see that its supposed to be free with checking account but not with credit or debit card.

Country
    Country Flag

I called PP. They say it's because the recipient's PP account isn't verified. True, I can increase to account for the 2.9%, and have added piece of mind, but he's a long-time, trusted collector...just doesn't have a verified account. There should be no need for anything more than a $4.99 charge on my end.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If the seller is a long time, trusted collector, have you considered sending money via an IBAN transfer?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I recently used Western Union to send some money to my Brother in Law in Australia. It was done via bank transfer with zero transfer fees and a rate almost identical with the interbank transfer rate (so almost zero currency conversion cost).

I also use Revolut (which also is zero cost and interbank rate) but that requires the recipient to have a Revolut account
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Turns out he is fully verified. I did a mock transfer to two other international contacts with only a $4.99 fee. He has a buddy that did a mock transfer to him and got the same minimal fee. I sent the money to his buddy to send to him. There was a glitch that couldn't be explained.

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

There’s a signed book that Waterstones only offers as a Click and Collect (in person in-store) — site says the signed edition is Sold Out for on-line ordering— but it looks like many locations have it in stock. Is by chance anyone in the UK planning on a Waterstones visit sometime soon…?

https://www.waterstones.com/book/the.../9781789099126

EDIT: Sorry, please ignore…I just checked the author’s Events page, and it looks like he’s hitting a few bookstores (here in the States), so I’ll just pick up a signed copy that way. It won’t have the cool black edgestain, but that’s okay.

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post
    There’s a signed book that Waterstones only offers as a Click and Collect (in person in-store) — site says the signed edition is Sold Out for on-line ordering— but it looks like many locations have it in stock. Is by chance anyone in the UK planning on a Waterstones visit sometime soon…?

EDIT: Sorry, please ignore…I just checked the author’s Events page, and it looks like he’s hitting a few bookstores (here in the States), so I’ll just pick up a signed copy that way. It won’t have the cool black edgestain, but that’s okay.
    Bought one of these from Forbidden Planet with the cool black edges, and they ship to the US. Look here!!!

https://forbiddenplanet.com/326746-t...ion-hardcover/

Demon of the Prim RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65 is a glorious beacon of light RC65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RC65 View Post

Bought one of these from Forbidden Planet with the cool black edges, and they ship to the US. Look here!!!

https://forbiddenplanet.com/326746-t...ion-hardcover/
    Damn, I was all excited since the signed U.S. copies I’ve run across have unfortunately been bookplate signatures from virtual events…but Forbidden Planet says their copies are no longer available. :-(

It kills me that edgestained signed copies are, according to the Waterstones site, just sitting there in multiple stores…but they won’t ship ‘em.

EDIT: So I guess my original request still stands…if anybody happens to be planning a trip to Waterstone’s in the near future, let me know. Thanks.

EDIT 2.0 — 8/3/21. I ended up grabbing a copy off eBay, so ignore the above request, as I’m covered now.

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone live in Illinois or Wisconsin? This is not book related - I just want to buy a pair of flip flops at this shoe store - Rogans Shoes. Apparently the ones I want are at two locations - one in each state. But for some reason these stores will not ship out of state. I even called their online store and these particular shoes are in store only on website and will not ship them...WTF - in this day and age they won't ship out of their state ???
    They are like $40 pair of shoes that are several years old, they have 1 in stock at each store and they still won't ship them...so if anyone can help out please send a PM
    Thanks
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cit74 View Post
    Does anyone live in Illinois or Wisconsin? This is not book related - I just want to buy a pair of flip flops at this shoe store - Rogans Shoes. Apparently the ones I want are at two locations - one in each state. But for some reason these stores will not ship out of state. I even called their online store and these particular shoes are in store only on website and will not ship them...WTF - in this day and age they won't ship out of their state ???
    They are like $40 pair of shoes that are several years old, they have 1 in stock at each store and they still won't ship them...so if anyone can help out please send a PM
    Thanks
    You can use a service like a UPS store to transship for you. You'll have to set it up with them in advance. They charge a "reasonable" fee for the service.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks
    I live near a Rogan’s so I could stop there, but it wouldn’t be until next week. PM me the details.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Thanks
    I live near a Rogan’s so I could stop there, but it wouldn’t be until next week. PM me the details.
    Likewise, I also live near a Rogan's.
    If he's not able to help you out, let me know.
    Mark Twain

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for everyones willingness to help...even for a pair of shoes. Gotta love this group.

I think I am good for now. This was harder for me to find then Joyland all those years back
    Wanted:
    Gunslinger s/l #344
    Drawing of The Three s/l #344

“A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.” Wayne Gretzky

Along the Path of the Beam averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

I'm very sorry to spam this thread, but I've searched the forum and I think this might be the best place to ask a question I have. I am based in the UK and would like to purchase a book from the Thornwillow Press. Is anyone aware of how much duty/import tax would have to paid or whether books are exempt?
    Looking for:
    • American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis - First edition

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast