Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: International purchasing and shipping help-Members assist each other

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I remember someone in the UK telling me a few weeks ago, that books were exempt of import tax.
    But I could be wrong, so someone else should chip in
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Along the Path of the Beam averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

That sounds promising - I'll wait to see what others say. Thank you very much for your input
    Looking for:
    • American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis - First edition

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Perfect timing : I was sorting out some posts I saved on social media, and someone posted that same question on Facebook.

Here is the link, it's in the Suntup group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/4270...3264277025659/

Hi All - hoping that someone from the UK can give me some info on whether they are being charged VAT on the books when they arrive please? I’ve been charged 20% of the value of the product on a couple of things in the last 2 weeks and since I have Lettered books coming, I am hugely concerned.

And among the 14 replies it got, I quickly went through them, and about 10 or so people said that there isn't VAT on books in the UK.
    The other replies were mostly about how people were accidentally charged for it an complained about it, and got it fixed. Something like this
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Along the Path of the Beam averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough averagegatsby is a jewel in the rough

Country
    Country Flag

Perfect! Thank you very much for bringing that to my attention - it's definitely answered my question and I can purchase without any hesitation. Thanks again for all your help.
    Looking for:
    • American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis - First edition

Country
    Country Flag

Anybody in the USA able to help?

I talked to an ebay seller, that will be gone this weekend for 10 days out of the country. And he won't send outside of the USA.
    Anybody willing to recieve a small package and forward it to me, in France?

Thanks

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I will if no one better volunteers.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Jeremy, please delete some messages, your INBOX is full.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347 has a spectacular aura about Anubis2347's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to help me purchase a book in the UK.

I am US based and the bookstore won't ship to me.

Please reach out to me at Sirfolio16@hotmail.com if you are willing to help me out.

Thank you.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Does Waterstone's do a decent job packing orders sent to the US?
    Mark Twain

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    Not consistently.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They used a cardboard sleeve when I ordered from them. Book was trashed. Took two more tries to get a good copy.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Not consistently.
    Quote Originally Posted by ICry4Oy View Post
    They used a cardboard sleeve when I ordered from them. Book was trashed. Took two more tries to get a good copy.
    Thanks, sounds like I won't be ordering direct.
    If anyone near a Waterstones can help me out, please let me know.
    Mark Twain

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I have had generally good luck with Waterstone's but more despite their packing than because of it. The cardboard sleeve does little to protect the book, but usually it does enough.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

Am guessing that it's related to GDPR, but today, Abebooks now tells me that that orders of 150 euros or more, from outside the EU, cannot be sent to France.
    What a load of BS !!

Country
    Country Flag

Is it the same for UK buyers or from other european countries?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Bumping this request.
    Mark Twain

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bumping this request.
    Yeah, I may be able to help. What's the MO brother?

Country
    Country Flag

I am interested in something from the UK, via ebay. But the product page says that the seller cannot send to France.
    Waiting for a reply from the seller, but if someone may be able to help, it would be appreciated, thanks

Country
    Country Flag

edit : not needed anymore, found another copy, from an american seller this time

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’m trying to purchase Richard Chizmar’s Girl On The Porch ebook from Subterranean Press, however, it looks like it can only be purchased in the US, and I’m in the UK.

Would someone be open to me PayPal-ing them the $5 for the book, purchasing it, and then emailing me the files?

Thanks.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by craigobau View Post
    I’m trying to purchase Richard Chizmar’s Girl On The Porch ebook from Subterranean Press, however, it looks like it can only be purchased in the US, and I’m in the UK.

Would someone be open to me PayPal-ing them the $5 for the book, purchasing it, and then emailing me the files?

Thanks.
    I don't mind doing it.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Thanks.
    I don't mind doing it.

Many thanks to Br!an for helping me out.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Thanks.
    I don't mind doing it.

Many thanks to Br!an for helping me out.
    Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey all! Anyone across the pond care to help me out with a WH Smith/purple Fairy Tale? Thanks!!!

John F. Kennedy Mizdring will become famous soon enough Mizdring will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

I’d be happy to help out, I’m in the UK. Not sure if I can get PMs though as I’m only on 5 posts!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast