Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Contest #18 - General Grissom!

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Contest #18 - General Grissom!

Since Lisa and Boehmke have been major pains in my ass lately () I'm posting up a new contest.

We need a good pic of General Grissom - here's some info to get you started:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=3931

Pertinent info is here. Please, please, PLEASE read this if you have not already done so. I've updated it recently so you would be wise to peruse it, artslingers.

Good luck, and have fun! Contest closes June 13, 2010.

Winner: boehmke
    Last edited by Randall Flagg; 01-08-2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Changed contest ending date.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well good for me and Boehmke

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

See, squeaky wheels DO get the grease.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Yay! I've been waiting for these to start back up. I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice boehmke is on a distinguished road boehmke's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Well good for me and Boehmke
    High Fives for us!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You two are like evil twins.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

*bump*

You know, for people that were begging for an art contest...*taps foot*

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

You know what procrastinators us artistic types are!

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Let me know if you're going to need an extension.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I would say yes. I'm working on a comission for someone else that I have to hand in Friday and am no where near completing. See, it's not just you Dags

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

*waves magic fairy wand*

Your wish has been granted. Contest is open until June 13.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel quite bad that I had to click on that link to have some idea about this Grissom.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't worry Letti, me too

How very portentious Dags, that's my son Sam's birthday

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Lisa.

And yeah, we don't get a whole lot about Grissom, even in the comics. That's kind of why I picked it - you've pretty much got a blank slate to work with.

I'm interested to see what you guys do with it.

Gunslinger Apprentice boehmke is on a distinguished road boehmke's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

I'm glad there was an extension! I was able to finish this last night

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

That's excellent! Great job
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, way cool boehmke!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Wow, that rocks, boehmke !!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Wow, this is awesome.

Lisa?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Dave, that is amazing...as all your art always is.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That is brilliant!!! I love that you always do a full picture

I should be finished by tomorrow, Tuesday at the latest.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Ack! I hate being so dang busy, this math is going to kill me!

Glad to see these contests back in operation. We need to get an advertisement in the marquee or something when they start up.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'll give you a heads up for the next one, Matty.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh crap!! I'll try and finish by tonight

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll close it in the morning when I get to work, Darkers. Hurry up!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast