Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2010-GRAND PRIZE WINNER

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Fantastic!!! Good to see some pics, I was wondering about which book you'd sent to Mr. King and this is absolutely a prize item

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Woohoo!! I am so glad that made it to you and I was just wondering how it all came down.

I'm always glad when it goes to a true King fan.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That is just brilliant!!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Alex - That is just wonderful !! Congratulations again!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gorgeous, Alex!
    Congratulations!!

sk

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post
    Sorry for the delay folks...there are a number of reasons but they're not important.

What is important is that the book is with me now and there really could only be one which befits this occasion, so to all the Tower Junkies here, I'm sure this will please you...'cos it sure does please me - enjoy...

INFO:

This is a Grant Trade Gunslinger 1st Edition

The book is Fine in an almost perfect Dust Jacket and as you can see it is in an after market slipcase which is as new.

It is signed by Donald Grant; signed, inscribed and doodled by Michael Whelan; signed, inscribed and dated by Stephen King.

Sorry, but I don't know how to make the pictures bigger...these don't do the book justice. If it can be done by any of the mods then please feel free to do so or, if you can advise me how, I can post them in the 'Pride and Joy' thread if needed. I've also tried to download the pictures to my Gallery album but for some reason they won't load. I'd be more than willing to send pictures in a email, so if anyone is interested please contact me and I'll be happy to oblige.

There are a number of people without whom this would not have been possible and I would like to extend my most sincere thanks to all involved...

...Matt and all you guys at TDT who organised the signing with SK...my very good friends at DMG, Marsha De Fillipo, David Williamson (Wiz), Michael Whelan and of course Stephen King himself.

My apologies if I've missed anyone.

Thanks again
    Alex-

Was glad to give the assist on the Whelan signature and doodle. I think his inscription is CLASSIC, playing off of King's the way it does. Wish I had that in MY collection.

Well done! A REAL Gem!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks to all for your comments...they are much appreciated.

I was wondering...the monetary value of the book is not important to me...but I am curious to hear if anyone knows of any other 'Gunslingers' which have been signed by all 3 of Grant, King and Whelan.

Anyone?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never seen a Grant sig.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

VERY nice, Alex - congrats!!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3