Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 254 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 196 ... LastLast
Results 2,376 to 2,400 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sticking with Fassbender.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Timothy Olyphant!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing new, but a nice quick recap of the thing from Nerdist:

Country
    Country Flag

http://www.latinpost.com/articles/89...e-same-day.htm
    Two of horror and fantasy's most anticipated film franchises have been slated to premiere on the same day. The remake of "Friday the 13th" and the first incarnation of Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" have been slated for release on Jan. 13, 2017.

According to an article on Deadline, "Friday the 13th" has been pushed back not once, but three times since it has been made. It was originally planned for a premiere of March earlier this year, but got bumped two more times before this recent announcement.

JoBlo reports that the three original premiere dates were March 13, 2015, then Nov. 16. It was later pushed back to May 13, 2016 before getting its fourth (and presumably final) premiere date of Jan. 13, 2017.

There has been a whirlwind of theories for the movie, which includes the idea that it was going to take on a "found-footage" approach, much like that of "The Blair Witch Project" or "Paranormal Activity." But the producers have kicked that idea to the curb and confirmed they will not be using that in the next film.

It has also been confirmed this film will not be a sequel to the 2009 remake film but rather another reboot in and of itself.

Deadline reported the 2009 film saw modest success with a domestic haul of $65 million at the box-office.

Stephen King's magnum opus, or his series of books that have connected nearly all of his novels in one way or another, will finally be seeing the big screen on that day as well. "The Dark Tower" film adaptation has been an idea floating around Hollywood for quite some time. But now that Nikolaj Arcel has signed on to direct the epic series, the film is finally going to make its way to the screen.

The first film will be about the first book in the series and will introduce fans to the main character, Roland Deschain.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    http://www.latinpost.com/articles/89...e-same-day.htm
    Two of horror and fantasy's most anticipated film franchises have been slated to premiere on the same day. The remake of "Friday the 13th" and the first incarnation of Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" have been slated for release on Jan. 13, 2017.

According to an article on Deadline, "Friday the 13th" has been pushed back not once, but three times since it has been made. It was originally planned for a premiere of March earlier this year, but got bumped two more times before this recent announcement.

JoBlo reports that the three original premiere dates were March 13, 2015, then Nov. 16. It was later pushed back to May 13, 2016 before getting its fourth (and presumably final) premiere date of Jan. 13, 2017.

There has been a whirlwind of theories for the movie, which includes the idea that it was going to take on a "found-footage" approach, much like that of "The Blair Witch Project" or "Paranormal Activity." But the producers have kicked that idea to the curb and confirmed they will not be using that in the next film.

It has also been confirmed this film will not be a sequel to the 2009 remake film but rather another reboot in and of itself.

Deadline reported the 2009 film saw modest success with a domestic haul of $65 million at the box-office.

Stephen King's magnum opus, or his series of books that have connected nearly all of his novels in one way or another, will finally be seeing the big screen on that day as well. "The Dark Tower" film adaptation has been an idea floating around Hollywood for quite some time. But now that Nikolaj Arcel has signed on to direct the epic series, the film is finally going to make its way to the screen.

The first film will be about the first book in the series and will introduce fans to the main character, Roland Deschain.
    I am VERY skeptical... ONLY because no casting or shoot dates have yet to be announced. And for them to release this in January??? That is a typical dumping grounds for movies they feel will not be any good Man if someone does this and does it right... it could be HUGE.....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Matthew McConaughey Offered Villain Role in Stephen King’s ‘The Dark Tower’

Matthew McConaughey has set his sights on an iconic Stephen King villain.

Sources tell Variety that Sony wants McConaughey to play Walter Padick — aka the Man in Black — in Sony and MRC’s adaptation of King’s “The Dark Tower” franchise. McConaughey has just received the script and has not yet decided whether he will star.

Sony and MRC declined to comment.

Padick is a demonic sorcerer who Roland “the gunslinger” pursues in the first book. The character first appears in “The Stand” and goes by the name of Randall Flagg, a character that McConaughey was also offered to play. “The Gunslinger” will be the first in a series of films.

Nikolaj Arcel is directing the movie, which is currently set to bow on Jan. 13, 2017.

The first book, “The Gunslinger,” has already been adapted by Akiva Goldsman and Jeff Pinkner. Goldsman and Imagine Entertainment’s Brian Grazer, Ron Howard and Erica Huggins will produce, while Pinkner will exec produce.

Sony will distribute the pic. MRC will also develop a TV series to go along with the film franchise.

McConaughey recently finished filming the Stephen Gaghan drama “Gold” and also has “Sea of Trees” set to bow later this year. He is repped by CAA.

https://variety.com/2015/film/news/m...nce=e5c047016e

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome news, Bev!!! So, this is really gonna happen this time you think?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Honestly I think that's kinda a big spoiler to drop in an article like that. (RF being the Man in Black)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    Honestly I think that's kinda a big spoiler to drop in an article like that. (RF being the Man in Black)
    Seems like a necessary clarification for a cinematic version, no?

And the plot thickens???

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/73745
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm....I think he would make an OK Roland actually. The only issue is that he was pegged to play Flagg in the Stand and it would have been cool to see him carry that through. But I guess there is no guarantee that he is going to be in the Stand either.

John F. Kennedy Absttractharmony will become famous soon enough Absttractharmony's Avatar

He's a great actor no doubt but until a name is actually attached to this project it'll keep on rollin'.

Nioce to see that there is some movement and it's still a greenlit project.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They better get their ass in gear... just over a year until release....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

John F. Kennedy Absttractharmony will become famous soon enough Absttractharmony's Avatar

If you think about it, the actual shoot wouldn't take too much. A few weeks in Nevada. There should be a little post production CGI but I'm sure this is all being worked on in the background.

Seeing Tull come to life will be amazing. Can't wait.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Absttractharmony View Post
    If you think about it, the actual shoot wouldn't take too much. A few weeks in Nevada. There should be a little post production CGI but I'm sure this is all being worked on in the background.

Seeing Tull come to life will be amazing. Can't wait.
    A few weeks? lol ahhhh no. There is no way 3 weeks of filming will get that first book all completed. Not a chance... we are talking MONTHS of filming than months of post production. When I was young I was in film (camera) and have a pretty good sense of the time it will take.... I am VERy excited but as I stated... a little over a year till release is cutting things VERY close. They have no official cast as of yet either!!! better get moving....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure he'd excel as Roland, but I really had my heart set on seeing him as Walter.

He has the physique for Roland.. but I was pictured him with a deep, gravelly voice.

This is certainly no more than a 6-8 week shoot on location and some studio work for another 1-2 weeks. At least unless they want to bleed money.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Absttractharmony View Post
    This is certainly no more than a 6-8 week shoot on location and some studio work for another 1-2 weeks. At least unless they want to bleed money.
    Not a chance. Sorry man I am not buying this at all. For anyone to say this movie could be done in under 2 months properly.. well its just plain crazy. No offense.... but that is an impossible feat for this film.. IF DONE right.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Kind of a random thought but I was talking to my wife about this and she brought up a good point about Jake. He is a young boy/teen in the book and they would probably need the entire script completed and shoot all of his scenes first to combat how quickly kids grow. It could get tricky with him...end of randomness.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Kind of a random thought but I was talking to my wife about this and she brought up a good point about Jake. He is a young boy/teen in the book and they would probably need the entire script completed and shoot all of his scenes first to combat how quickly kids grow. It could get tricky with him...end of randomness.
    Well said.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wait. I'm confused. One article says McConaughey will play Walter ("Man in Black") and the other says he will play Roland? Am I reading correctly?

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Wait. I'm confused. One article says McConaughey will play Walter ("Man in Black") and the other says he will play Roland? Am I reading correctly?
    I was also confused about that.

Country
    Country Flag

I would prefer him as RF.....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    Both roles were offered to him, but he's more keen on playing MIB.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    That point has been brought up before, but I think they could still make it work. They have 20-somethings playing HS kids all the time in movies.

Of course he's going to grow up a little throughout the course of the story, but I don't think the books ever really mention a definite amount of time passed. I'm sure the movies could expand on them a little to account for the actor growing up.

Remember, time is funny there.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

In the Bev Vincent book I think the time is mapped out and it's only around a year. My guess is that they will age Jake to be closer to 14 or 15. A boy from 11-14 grows a lot. If they cast an 11 year old he will look very different by the end of filming and while you can take an older person and maybe pull off a 17 or 18 getting an older kid to be 11 would not work out well. I think an older Jake is something that will be inevitable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 254 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 106 146 196 ... LastLast