Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 252 of 254 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 250 251 252 253 254 LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    I never thought I would still be waiting for this news to leak 3 months later. The fact that the casted audio version is moving forward makes me think maybe whatever was going to happen isn't going to happen now.
    Oh its happening...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I never thought I would still be waiting for this news to leak 3 months later. The fact that the casted audio version is moving forward makes me think maybe whatever was going to happen isn't going to happen now.
    Oh its happening...
    Nothing you can reveal as yet, Kris?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Oh its happening...
    I wish I could Bill buddy... But I gave my word. BUT good news is coming!~
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

So, we are trying again? I hope if it's on a streaming platform, that they put it on physical media as well. But I would love to see this done.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Oh its happening...
    I wish I could Bill buddy... But I gave my word. BUT good news is coming!~
    You know, kris you really ought to consider telling a few select folks via PM to insure you don't get scooped by another!! lol lol

Spoiler:
    Course, solely to help a brother out, I'd be willing to be one of those "Safe Reveals" for you!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does that thread still needs to be sticky btw?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

thanks for sharing Bev!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.filmstories.co.uk/news/m...he-dark-tower/
    The mind behind Midnight Mass and a couple of King adaptations has been talking about his dream project: taking on Stephen King’s magnum opus, The Dark Tower.

Whenever Mike Flanagan talks about tackling Stephen King, interest levels rise. As well as giving us some of the best horror television we’ve had in years, Flanagan has already done a sterling job with two King film adaptations: Gerald’s Game and Doctor Sleep. Whilst the former released on Netflix, the latter, a sequel to The Shining, launched in cinemas and despite being well-made, failed to set the box office alight.

That’s something of a shame, because there’s arguably nobody out there better suited to adapting King’s work than Flanagan. Anybody out there who is disappointed by the proposed remake of King’s vampire yarn, Salem’s Lot seemingly falling into development hell, fear not. All you need to do is go and watch Midnight Mass, a King-inspired horror series that is never less than excellent.

Given that the Stephen King adaptation ‘renaissance’ that we’ve enjoyed over the last five years seems to have peaked, we wonder if any studios will be willing to put their hands in their pockets and spend big on adapting the author’s work, and that goes doubly so for his epic fantasy saga, The Dark Tower, especially considering just how badly the 2017 version starring Idris Elba fared.

Nevertheless, that’s the series of novels that Flanagan has his heart set on adapting, something he’s been talking about to IGN whilst promoting his new series, The Midnight Club:

“What it would look like? It would look like the books… It would be a black screen, and the words ‘The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed’ would come up on silence, and you’d hear the wind, and we’d gradually fade up to this Lawrence Of Arabia-esque landscape with a silhouette in the distance just making his way across the hardpan. And we would build it out from there in order to the end.”

Fans of the books will certainly be thrilled by just how faithful Flanagan’s opening sounds, an he goes on to assert how he’d plan to be true to the novels in just about every way possible, something the doomed 2017 version never really attempted to do.

Although we’d take an adaptation of The Dark Tower in whichever format it arrived in, we can’t help thinking that Flanagan’s ongoing relationship with Netflix makes that the most likely avenue for the filmmaker to realise his ambitions. With its flagship title, Stranger Things set to end soon, the streamer is clearly looking for expansive series such as The Sandman to fill the gap and The Dark Tower would be one such possibility

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He'd be perfect which is why it would never happen. Given that Doctor Sleep flopped (and that was one of the best King films we've had) I don't see a major studio throwing a franchise like this at him. We'd probably get JJ Abrams.

A reminder that Frank Darabont asked King to do Dark Tower and he said no. Thanks, Uncle Steve.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

He’s got a great relationship with Netflix and they have all the money. Why not buy DT rights from King and give Mike free rein.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure they have a good relationship but he's asked multiple times at least to get Midnight Mass a physical release and they've refused so he's not their MVP. They'll let him do his own niche horror series but I don't think they'd give him their equivalent to 'House of the Dragon' or 'Rings of Power'. Like if it came down to him or The Duffer Brothers Netflix would definitely give it to the latter.

On related news the lackluster viewing response to Sandman (which has yet to be renewed) also makes me concerned as to how well DT would do on Netflix. In terms of weird genre-bending stories I would say Sandman is probably the closest thing to DT.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

@webstar1000 needs to give up the goods. Its been too long

So now that Flanagan is moving to a relationship with Amazon does that make him getting this more likely? Do they still own the rights to the TV series? If so then him moving there right after saying he really wants to do the DT seems like a real positive thing.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

In august 2021 I saw the unreleased Dark Tower pilot
    The director (Glenn Mazzara) told me that Amazon lost the Dark Tower rights.

However, a year or so ago, it seemed that the rights were being negociated.
    I was guessing at the time that the rights were bought by Netflix

Given that Mike recently talked about DT being is dream project, and he has been talking about it since two years or so, I wouldnt be surprised if somehow Mike Flanagan's company got the rights and he was bringing it back with him to Amazon

But that would be a big leap of faith from amazon given they spent about 10 million on Mazzara's vision, that never got made.
    In the meantime, though, Amazon invested heavily in "Rings of Power" (related to "Lord of the Rings"), "The Wheel of Time", other projects and they even bought MGM for 10 billion.
    But on top of that, the competition is also increasing. Apple TV has entered the streaming market, there is also Disney+ and with other budgets there is Paramount+, HBO Max merging with Discovery+, Roku and several other platforms.... so the competition is out there and there is a need / demand from platform to develop licence and appealing content to people...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazon wanted to put all of their money behind Rings of Power and I have a felling that ultimately its not going to work out for them as the show isn't that great. If that fails to get a large enough audience they will be looking for something else. They want their own Game of Thrones.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Dark Tower to be adapted by Mike Flanagan

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

FINALLY!!!!!!!! THIS WAS KILLING ME TO KEEP SECRET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

To quote a certain someone, “EEEEEEEEE!!!”

I did not expect this to happen at all.

My Collection

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I'M STOKED!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

...a screen adaptation of Stephen King’s The Dark Tower, which creator Flanagan envisions as a TV series to run for five seasons, followed by two stand-alone features.
    This is perfect. Just perfect.

Country
    Country Flag

@webstar1000 needs to give up the goods. Its been too long

So now that Flanagan is moving to a relationship with Amazon does that make him getting this more likely? Do they still own the rights to the TV series? If so then him moving there right after saying he really wants to do the DT seems like a real positive thing.
    Now ya know Sorrry I could not talk about it!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I knew all of this Flanagan DT talk in interviews and then suddenly moving to Amazon had to mean something. It's in way better hands than the dude from Walking Dead IMO.

Country
    Country Flag

I knew all of this Flanagan DT talk in interviews and then suddenly moving to Amazon had to mean something. It's in way better hands than the dude from Walking Dead IMO.
    Netflix just WOULD NOT commit to his vision. I told him to stay as true to the source as he can. Member when Game of Thrones was SO LOVED? Then it went off source material? I said that to him. He totally agreed!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Now ya know Sorrry I could not talk about it!
    Bro it woulda been killing me to keep that secret too!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 252 of 254 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 250 251 252 253 254 LastLast