Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 245 of 254 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 243 244 245 246 247 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,125 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    ‘The Dark Tower’ Casts Sam Strike As Gunslinger Roland Deschain, Plus Jasper Pääkkönen As Amazon Nears Pilot Order

Amazon’s adaptation of Stephen King’s The Dark Tower book series has found its Gunslinger. Sam Strike (Nightflyers) has been cast as the lead, Roland Deschain, in the project, which I hear is nearing a formal pilot order at the streaming platform.

Jasper Pääkkönen (Vikings, BlacKkKlansman) will co-star in the drama, from executive producer/showrunner Glen Mazzara and MRC. The project had had a blinking green light for a couple of months, with casting quietly underway. It had been in development at Amazon for almost a year.

The Dark Tower TV series is independent from the film and is meant to be a more faithful retelling of the book than the movie was. I hear it will take place many years before the events depicted in the feature and will focus on Roland Deschain’s (Strike) origin story – how he first became a gunslinger and got his guns, his first conflict with the man in black, his first love and his first mission as a gunslinger.

Pääkkönen is believed to be playing Marten, the character Roland is out to kill.

The 2017 Sony/MRC feature The Dark Tower starred Idris Elba as Roland Deschain.

King’s eight Dark Tower books draw from multiple genres, including dark fantasy, science fantasy, horror, and Western.

Strike is coming off a series regular role on the Syfy/Netflix series Nightflyers, based on the novella by George R.R. Martin. The English actor launched his acting career with main roles on the British series M.I. High and EastEnders. He will next be seen in the HBO/Sky miniseries Chernobyl and will reprise his guest starring role on the second season of David Fincher’s Netflix series Mindhunter. He is repped by Gersh, Circle of Confusion and UK’s The Artists Partnership.

Finnish actor Pääkkönen played Halfdan the Black on History’s Vikings and recently co-starred in Spike Lee’s BlacKkKlansman.
    So, let's see if I have this right. The Amazon feature will be basically the re-telling of the events in W&G and possibly beyond? Whereas the feature film was obstensively a telling of the 20th loop, basically following the 8 book story, right? BTW I recently re-watched the film and it wasn't quite as bad as I remember it the first time through. lol Don't get me wrong, it was bad just not quite as bad as I initially thought. There were some good bits that they represented well, but overall it lacked a continuity with the books in any real way IMHO. You guys remember the trailer fluff with the horn, right? The horn never gets touched on in the film.

I suppose this could be a good show (Amazon version), but focusing on the W&G portion sure takes a lot of meat off the bones. In fact, as I recall, it will be more or less a plain old western maybe along the lines of "Jonah Hex"? I mean to my memory there is very little magic and/or monster mayhem in that story, right? You basically have, Rhea, the BCH and a thinny or two. Oh, and a little Farson reference. Seems to me it will lack a lot of content that could make it successful, but I guess we'll see in the end, huh?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like where they planning to start this. W&G was my favorite book in the serious outside of TDOTT. I do hope that it builds up enough steam to circle back to book one and two.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I was introduced to the DT story right around the time that W&G came out. Like most everyone else though, I started with the first book and read them in release order. Although it seems to me that a lot of people complained about W&G because it was such a departure from the main story. Everyone wanted to know what was going to happen next with the ka-Tet and here we are reading a story about Roland's childhood. I think that's why it's always so low on many people's list when they rank them.

I think putting them in chronological order instead is a good way to introduce the general public to the story without completely alienating the hardcore fans.

Sort of like what they are doing with the Mr. Mercedes TV show where they aren't following the book release order but the story flows a little better by essentially filming the events of the 2nd book last.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Don't know anything about the actor but even though he's 25, he looks like he could pass as a teenager.

Good to see this moving forward. Hopefully it will spawn better adaptions of the entire series later on.
    This is exactly what I'm hoping for. I know it's a big dream, but can you imagine how great it would be if the series was done so well that it did lead to a whole new film being done?

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Don't know anything about these actors, but they certainly LOOK the part.
    I thought the same thing. I can't say that the actor cast as Roland looks like the young Roland in my mind, but when I saw his photo and imagined him as the part, I got butterflies. This could be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Don't know anything about these actors, but they certainly LOOK the part.
    Unknown and look the part... exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, I'm pretty excited about the "unknown" part. I don't want to know much about anyone playing the characters before I see the series and I don't want to associate them with anything else I've seen.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Whereas the feature film was obstensively a telling of the 20th loop, basically following the 8 book story, right?
    I don't know if you could even call it that. The entire nature of the universe the series takes place in as well as the history of the characters is altered to such a point that it's simply not compatible with the novels.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Jerome Flynn has been cast. Nothing on who he’s playing.

https://birthmoviesdeath.com/2019/04...the-dark-tower
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post

My bet is Cort.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

As the article states, he would make a great Jonas.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post

My bet is Cort.
    I'll be disappointed if he isn't Eldred Jonas.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Exclusive fresh shots from the filming site of the pilot for Amazon's prequel series of 'The Dark Tower' in Split (Croatia) today: https://twitter.com/IvanKayeFans/sta...39270356996099
    More here: https://www.slobodnadalmacija.hr/moz...ji-kroz-palacu

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks promising
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Even though Wizard & Glass was my least favorite book in the series, I'm very excited to see this actually moving along. Hopefully the series premieres next year and we actually go from W&G to Eluria and The Gunslinger, and on and on. It's doable. Amazon has all the money.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Even though Wizard & Glass was my least favorite book in the series, I'm very excited to see this actually moving along. Hopefully the series premieres next year and we actually go from W&G to Eluria and The Gunslinger, and on and on. It's doable. Amazon has all the money.
    Are you saying that W&G is the first book that they are doing? Im confused as I thought it was a prequel but not of any of the books....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From earlier reporting it at least appeared they were adapting Wizard & Glass, I'm not sure if it was ever officially stated, but then again Amazon hasn't even really officially announced a Dark Tower series.

Country
    Country Flag

From earlier reporting it at least appeared they were adapting Wizard & Glass, I'm not sure if it was ever officially stated, but then again Amazon hasn't even really officially announced a Dark Tower series.
    ok Thanks. I was thinking this was not of the main books... at all. Pumped either way though. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Plus they could even weave in the Marvel comics series, too. Unless their rights are just to the King-penned DT stuff.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Are you saying that W&G is the first book that they are doing? Im confused as I thought it was a prequel but not of any of the books....
    Kris, I believe what they are doing is adapting, Rolands' tale of his youth detailed in W&G. So that is why they are referring to it as a "Prequel". As, Mae stated presumably if it is successful they will go on to tell the story of, Eluria and then the 7 books proper.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Joana Ribeiro and Ana Padrão join The Dark Tower cast as Susan Delgado and her aunt.

>>> Source

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

This could be the next GOT... if done right. My only issue is that they would need to release it weekly. It needs to be water cooler talk.. and sadly as a whole season stream.. it will be such, but only for a week or so
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Amazon's working on both this and Lord of the Rings as the next GOT. Should be fun.

Country
    Country Flag

Amazon's working on both this and Lord of the Rings as the next GOT. Should be fun.
    I hope LOTR doesn't take it from DT.... DT hasn't been seen (right or properly) yet... so would like that to be HUGE.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The actors for Roland and Susan are a little old for their parts. I understand for Roland because they may continue on and need him to play an older Roland but we know Susan isn't making it out of the first season. I guess this way they can actually show the sex scenes.

I'm glad they are starting with Wizard and Glass. It was my favorite, it introduces everything in a logical manner for non-readers, and has plenty of moments that would make great scenes. I hope they make a RDR2-style game to go with this because I always thought it would be fun to have a Dark Tower game that followed Roland from the beginning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 245 of 254 FirstFirst ... 145 195 235 243 244 245 246 247 ... LastLast