Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 234 of 254 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 ... LastLast
Results 5,826 to 5,850 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

Should the The Dark Tower franchise take off, the possibilities are endless .
    "Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

According to the IMDB box office, I would tend to say that the movie would be profitable (I dont know how much would cost the marketing, but maybe an extra $15M ?)
    >>> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1648190/...ef_=tt_ql_dt_4
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    Spoiler:

Should the The Dark Tower franchise take off, the possibilities are endless .
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Saw Mr. King on the big screen today talking about IT before they showed a clip (which I did not watch, I hate spoilers), when I went to see ANNABELLE CREATION.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

I've seen some people posting pics of promotional posters they got when they went to the movie. Gotta admit, these are pretty cool looking.

https://kek.gg/i/5N7hsS.png

By the way, how do you get pictures embedded? The icon above where you type this doesn't work for me.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That's a nice poster. My theater always has giveaways but they had nothing for THE DARK TOWER, darn it.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    According to the IMDB box office, I would tend to say that the movie would be profitable (I dont know how much would cost the marketing, but maybe an extra $15M ?)
    usually a studio spends as much on the marketing as they do on the production budget. In this case, since they thought the film was a turkey, they probably spent more
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post
    I've seen some people posting pics of promotional posters they got when they went to the movie. Gotta admit, these are pretty cool looking.

By the way, how do you get pictures embedded? The icon above where you type this doesn't work for me.
    Copy image URL

Click on the Insert Image icon. Paste url, then ok.

I was worried the image was too large, but it worked.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Oh, I think it's the browser I'm using. The pop up for to enter the URL wasn't popping up for me. Have to check setting or something. Tried a diff browser and it pops up. Thanks.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    usually a studio spends as much on the marketing as they do on the production budget. In this case, since they thought the film was a turkey, they probably spent more
    60M for the movie + 60M marketing?

Well, given the IMDB figures, looks like it would still be a profit
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Along the Path of the Beam fivethirtytwo is on a distinguished road fivethirtytwo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BuctherOfTull View Post
    Man I hope the show gets made. W@G has everything. Good Villains, Drama, Action, Romance and Cuthbert.
    If it ends up greenlit, I hope that Elba and Taylor are still on board.
    You know I have been thinking that Tull should be the framing device for the show. Like the first episode could have a Cold opening of Roland arriving in Tull. Then flashback to the main storyline of W@G. From each episode than on we could get a little bit of Tull at the beginning. Then the Battle of Tull could be in the finale ep. Maybe after the Charyu tree scene it flashes forward to Roland going guns blazing on Tull. Could show a good contrast between teen Roland and the Gunslinger he is as an adult.
    LOVE this idea. And along the way, show Jake's training as an apprentice gunslinger also. Again, a great framing for the story of a young and inexperienced Roland, Cuthbert and Alain.
    "If a God watches over it all, does He actually mete out justice for a race of gnats among an infinitude of races of gnats?
    ...what must the nature of such a God be?"

The Gunslinger

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched the movie yesterday evening. I have watched much worse movies however knowing the actual story, characters, and depth of narrative created by SK I was sorely disappointed. The movie was rushed, edited oddly, confusing in others, and did not function in continuity. They had many opportunities to build atmosphere and suspense and they made decisions not to.

I can understand that some fans enjoyed the movie. I can also understand why.

For me this was a movie financed and directed by people with little passion for the story. Their function and goal was about economics.

The acting from "Jake" was fine. The other characters were limited and didn't do much for me.

My wife commented that this movie to her was as if in the Harry Potter movies they made Hermione the main character and relegated Harry to a secondary role. I think that was fairly accurate.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I got the other one with the Roland and Jake at the top and Walter at the bottom... Also because you only see them from behind if you turn the poster around on the back you see them all from the front... It's well cool!!!

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    My wife commented that this movie to her was as if in the Harry Potter movies they made Hermione the main character and relegated Harry to a secondary role. I think that was fairly accurate.
    Can you imagine how the fans for Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings would react if their books got the DT treatment? Heck most of the hardcore Tolkien fans hate what Peter Jackson did, there'd probably be a fatwa on his head if he had done this. Meanwhile we're expected to go "Thank you sir, may I please have another" or else we're not 'true' fans.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post

That happens to me too. Finally figured out it works when I click the "Switch Editor Mode" icon on the far right - little white box with A/A in it. Then the icons all work. Of course you can always paste the image link in and put [ img ] before it and [ /img ] after it (no spaces).

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Just got back from seeing the film a third time and it still gave me chills. Idgaf.

Also, I picked out another Easter egg I didn't catch the other times- you can see the spine of a King book on Jake's bookshelf.

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The acting from "Jake" was fine. The other characters were limited and didn't do much for me.
    No opinion on...

Spoiler:
    ...Elba as Roland Deschain during his stay at the hospital? The way he walked out while handing over a gold coin to the doctor was absolutely something Roland would do.
    "Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime."

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Not really. That was cute as a stand alone item. As a whole I didn't feel much for his character good or bad. Just very flat. I think that there was a brief flash of something from that character when he...

Spoiler:
    Grabbed Jake and held him over the cliff. That brief scene had some emotion that felt real.

but overall not so much.

No opinion on...

Spoiler:
    ...Elba as Roland Deschain during his stay at the hospital? The way he walked out while handing over a gold coin to the doctor was absolutely something Roland would do.

Country
    Country Flag

Not really. That was cute as a stand alone item. As a whole I didn't feel much for his character good or bad. Just very flat. I think that there was a brief flash of something from that character when he...

Spoiler:
    Grabbed Jake and held him over the cliff. That brief scene had some emotion that felt real.

but overall not so much.
    Spoiler:
    If I had to wager, i'd say you felt that way at least in part due to how it hearkens back to Roland letting Jake plummet to his death.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Fans need to face facts. There will be significant changes made once the series starts hitting Wolves and beyond. The Gunslinger can mostly be preserved as-is (minus children being shot down and the instance of "necessary evil" rape/sexual assault). Ditto for The Drawing of the Three, The Waste Lands and Wizard and Glass. We're not getting Doctor Doombots with lightsabers and golden snitches as-is. Song of Susannah needs to be adjusted. The Dark Tower relies heavily on deus ex machina and to say the canon ending will be a hard sell is a massive understatement.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    After 15 minutes I had to bale...
    That was even worse than the movie itself.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

funny how folks seem to love the "easter eggs" so much. They seemed pretty blatant to me.

It is like the filmmakers knew they were screwing the pooch with the story so bad that they had to put SOMETHING in there for diehard fans to like!
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    funny how folks seem to love the "easter eggs" so much. They seemed pretty blatant to me.

It is like the filmmakers knew they were screwing the pooch with the story so bad that they had to put SOMETHING in there for diehard fans to like!
    And that ridiculous trailer with the Shawshank Redemption and Carrie. They knew they had a stinker on their hands (hence the embargo) so it was a last-ditch effort to bait the hardcore SK fans.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

+ Reply to Thread
Page 234 of 254 FirstFirst ... 134 184 224 232 233 234 235 236 244 ... LastLast