Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 214 of 254 FirstFirst ... 114 164 204 212 213 214 215 216 224 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If you manage to pause the trailer which prominently features Steven Deschain (at 6:47, to be precise), you can spot a Sigul of Eld pinned to the collar of his jacket. Pretty cool!

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So apparently this is rated PG-13 'for thematic material including sequences of gun violence and action'.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So is this movie covering small bits from all books? Or is completely it's own entity? I can't really get a feel from the trailer. It looks like everything is crammed down into one short film and he'll reach the tower by the end.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Check out that last interview with Arcel by Nerdist. He says they pick pretty much from every book but mainly follow 1 and 3.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I've read more than one comment from people that think this is all the books crammed into one single movie and don't realize that it's only supposed to be the first movie in a series.

They are including a lot of things that existed and were obviously happening during the events of the first few books but we just hadn't been introduced to yet. The Dixie Pig, Blue Heaven, the Breakers, the can-toi... things like that.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nerdist has an evil and clunky Flash-based video player. Why isn't this on their YouTube channel?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

We should start seeing reviews for this begin to pop up online in the next 2-3 days...

Country
    Country Flag

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Trying not to be cynical for the sake of it but you'd think if they were going to do a trailer capitalizing on DT being connected to the SK 'universe' they'd utilize more works that are actually connected to the series as opposed to stuff from Carrie, The Shining, Christine, Shawshank, etc which have nothing to do with it.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

Well, these are properties that are instantly recognizable to the average audience with one iconic image as opposed to an Insomnia, Hearts in Atlantis or Black House. The shot with Christine is actually referencing The Stand, though, with all the cars standing still on a highway and the "Vegas" and "Boulder" signs.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Trying not to be cynical for the sake of it but you'd think if they were going to do a trailer capitalizing on DT being connected to the SK 'universe' they'd utilize more works that are actually connected to the series as opposed to stuff from Carrie, The Shining, Christine, Shawshank, etc which have nothing to do with it.
    They're trying to connect it to King's cinematic universe, stuff people have actually seen and can recognize.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by georgiesarm View Post
    Well, these are properties that are instantly recognizable to the average audience with one iconic image as opposed to an Insomnia, Hearts in Atlantis or Black House.
    This guy gets it ^

Country
    Country Flag

I 'get' what they're going for, it's still misleading and kind of pointless.

My Collection

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    We should start seeing reviews for this begin to pop up online in the next 2-3 days...
    Are you going to avoid reading them? I know I certainly shall try.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Shawshank is mentioned in IT, which is connected to the Dark Tower.

Dick Hallorann (from the Shining) survived the fire at the Black Spot in IT, which is connected to the Dark Tower.

Eddie directly references the movie The Shining when looking through the open doorways on the beach in book 2.

In IT, Henry Bowers gets a ride from the dead Belch Higgins in 1985, after he’s broken out of Juniper Hill Asylum. Belch was driving a 1958 red and white Plymouth Fury.

It's not hard to connect all of his books together. Just because they didn't use the symbols from the books with the big obvious connections doesn't mean the intent isn't still there.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

That's kind of a stretch. Just because It is connected to DT that doesn't mean every SK reference in It and every book that is somehow connected to those referenced books by themselves makes them all DT connected by proxy. It would be like saying "Misery is part of the DT books because it references The Shining and The Shining is referenced in It and It is connected to DT."

My Collection

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

From THE DARK TOWER COMPANION: When Jake Chambers enters the Mansion on Dutch Hill while returning to Mid-World, he notices that the wallpaper features capering elves wearing green caps. The same is true of the house on Neibolt Street in Derry...

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's kind of a stretch. Just because It is connected to DT that doesn't mean every SK reference in It and every book that is somehow connected to those referenced books by themselves makes them all DT connected by proxy. It would be like saying "Misery is part of the DT books because it references The Shining and The Shining is referenced in It and It is connected to DT."
    Who's to say these stories won't be a part of the fabric of the movie universe? Just because a particular story didn't appear in the novels doesn't mean it can't appear in the films. Two completely different entities.

Honestly don't see what the big deal is here.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think it's a big deal in comparison to everything else, I just find it to be a bit of misleading marketing.

My Collection

How about SK himself?

From the afterword to Wizard and Glass:

I have written enough novels and short stories to fill a solar system of the imagination, but Roland's story is my Jupiter — a planet that dwarfs all the others ... a place of strange atmosphere, crazy landscape and savage gravitational pull. Dwarfs the others, did I say? I think there's more to it than that, actually. I am coming to understand that Roland's world (or worlds) actually contains all the others of my making.

Country
    Country Flag

The TC has been absent since "02-02-2008 10:43 PM". Too bad he/she won't be around to discuss the film .

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    How about SK himself?

From the afterword to Wizard and Glass:

I have written enough novels and short stories to fill a solar system of the imagination, but Roland's story is my Jupiter — a planet that dwarfs all the others ... a place of strange atmosphere, crazy landscape and savage gravitational pull. Dwarfs the others, did I say? I think there's more to it than that, actually. I am coming to understand that Roland's world (or worlds) actually contains all the others of my making.

That most of his books take place in the same 'universe' isn't what I'm disputing. (Although King himself did that when he wrote the last book but that's for another time.)

What I'm saying is is that something like Shawshank being in the same world as 'It' deosnt mean its connected to Roland's story via proxy and it doesn't justify the DT movie using it to promote an otherwise unrelated film.

My Collection

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    The TC has been absent since "02-02-2008 10:43 PM". Too bad he/she won't be around to discuss the film .
    The TC?...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    The TC?...
    The Topic Creator. Alternately, the Thread Creator. Can't fault them too much though...it HAS been a decade, after all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 214 of 254 FirstFirst ... 114 164 204 212 213 214 215 216 224 ... LastLast