Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 194 of 254 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194 195 196 204 244 ... LastLast
Results 4,826 to 4,850 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Tower has that "combo platter" appeal going for it. If you aren't a fan of westerns, no problem: there is also "fantasy", "science-fiction" and even some "horror" to choose from.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Dark Tower trailer arriving sometime within the next week?

After a workprint trailer leak last October and a delay of the film’s release from February to July before finally settling on August, our first official look at Nikolaj Arcel’s adaptation of Stephen King’s The Dark Tower is finally on the way. Consumer Protection BC have rated the first trailer tonight, and based on the timing we expect it to arrive in the next week, in time for the North American release of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. Fans will also be happy to know that based on the runtime this appears to be a full trailer as opposed to a teaser, which would be long overdue by this point.
    https://trailer-track.com/2017/04/28...arriving-soon/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

At this point I'll believe it when I see it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    At this point I'll believe it when I see it.
    That's exactly how I feel.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Didn't realize it had been put back again... August!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

"I feel like we've been talking about Dark Tower since I was 11."
    I feel the same.

I can definitely see why they would hold back on the trailer until there's a big enough platform to finally unveil it. Releasing it with Guardians of the Galaxy would be great, but I'm not holding my breath.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The movie will be what it will be and I'm prepared to enjoy it, but given the changing release date and wait for a trailer, it's hard to avoid getting a sense that there really is no plan around this thing and that the studio is already past giving a shit about it. Makes me wonder if some kind of advance test screenings/focus group analysis have convinced them that it's going to last 3 sad weeks (or 19 sad days) in the theaters before vanishing in a puff of "alkali dust" or whatever.

They can tell themselves it's ka.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do not think the issues are bad... I think it is just them "perfecting" a product. There are delays all the time. Look at World War Z... and it made a half billion dollars when they thought it would crash and burn... if this movie does that well... then look out!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Releasing the trailer in tandem with Guardians would be an ingenious move.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Releasing the trailer in tandem with Guardians would be an ingenious move.
    I believe that they will.. hence why I have tickets for the first Imax showing in my home town!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think attaching trailers to movies is a thing anymore. But we'll see. It should be online soon.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    The movie will be what it will be and I'm prepared to enjoy it, but given the changing release date and wait for a trailer, it's hard to avoid getting a sense that there really is no plan around this thing and that the studio is already past giving a shit about it. Makes me wonder if some kind of advance test screenings/focus group analysis have convinced them that it's going to last 3 sad weeks (or 19 sad days) in the theaters before vanishing in a puff of "alkali dust" or whatever.

Everything I've heard about this from the studio changes to the budget decreases to the overall change to the story lead me to indicate that DT is a property that producers don't have a lot of faith in.

If this is a flop, then King has no one to blame but himself for turning down Darabont. At least with him you'd know you'd get something close to what King wrote as opposed to some loose "in name only" adaptation.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I don't think attaching trailers to movies is a thing anymore. But we'll see. It should be online soon.
    Wait, what!? When was the last time you went to the movies? Lol.

Unless it's an indie-drama with a shoestring budget, chances are it's had a trailer release.

Country
    Country Flag

I mean making a deal of the fact that a specific trailer is attached to a specific movie.

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post

Everything I've heard about this from the studio changes to the budget decreases to the overall change to the story lead me to indicate that DT is a property that producers don't have a lot of faith in.

If this is a flop, then King has no one to blame but himself for turning down Darabont. At least with him you'd know you'd get something close to what King wrote as opposed to some loose "in name only" adaptation.
    Hell, Maybe Norman Redus would of played Roland if Darabont got DT lol.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

lol I was going to say he's too young but looking it up the guy's pushing 50 (wow). Speaking of TWD actors, I think Jeffrey Dean Morgan would also make a great Roland.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I'm getting the same vibe, unfortunately.

If the studios are hesitant to pull the trigger on a full scale marketing campaign solely because they want to keep costs down to maximize profit, I can understand that.

If, however, they're not allocating money because they've seen a rough cut of the film and have decided to cut their losses and let the film die a quiet death, then that would break my fucking heart.

Having said that, the recent affirmation that a TV series is still on the table leads me to believe that the former is closer to the truth. And who knows? Maybe in keeping inline with their budget parameters they're employing a different strategy wherein they'll aggressively market the film during these next 3 months before release.

We shall see...

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I mean making a deal of the fact that a specific trailer is attached to a specific movie.
    Ah, gotcha. Yeah the last time I remember that happening was for The Dark Knight Rises trailer which was the opening act for the last Harry Potter film.

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

It still bugs me that Sony might be trying to YA up DT. I mean why do that? DT should be hard R like Logan. DT is the Heavy Metal of Kings works. I'm excited for Idris and Matthew. But Im worried about them ignoring the tone of the series.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Still speculation, but:

The next trailer for Christopher Nolan’s Dunkirk drops online this Friday and should be attached to Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in U.S. theaters, starting on Thursday evening. Dunkirk is but one of multiple 2017 summer film season tentpoles launching new trailers with the Guardians sequel, in the process guaranteeing that a whole lot of moviegoers will be watching the preview this weekend alone. Sony Pictures is similarly reported to be using the Guardians followup to launch the first trailer for The Darker Tower, kicking the marking campaign for the Stephen King adaptation into full-gear.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    ...the recent affirmation that a TV series is still on the table leads me to believe that the former is closer to the truth.
    I fear that this affirmation is a case of "yes, it's definitely still on...

until it isn't."

Country
    Country Flag
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I’m not even convinced this movie exists anymore. Prove it, Sony.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 194 of 254 FirstFirst ... 94 144 184 192 193 194 195 196 204 244 ... LastLast