Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 253 of 254 FirstFirst ... 153 203 243 251 252 253 254 LastLast
Results 6,301 to 6,325 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Now ya know Sorrry I could not talk about it!
    Bro it woulda been killing me to keep that secret too!!
    over 2 years. Mike is actually my BEST customer. We talk daily. He is one awesome dude...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    I knew all of this Flanagan DT talk in interviews and then suddenly moving to Amazon had to mean something. It's in way better hands than the dude from Walking Dead IMO.
    I thought you meant Darabont for a second but forgot that Glen Mazzara had his own pitch.

Yeah I think he had good intentions but the idea of 3-4 seasons of young Roland before going into the main story wasn't working for me. 5 seasons and two movies for the whole series sounds great.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I just have questions on how it would be split up.

I've always imagined that 1 season would equal 1 book. But book one is so short that they'd need to extend it out somehow.

And I'm not sure what the 2 stand-alone films would be about either.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I thought you meant Darabont for a second but forgot that Glen Mazzara had his own pitch.
    Yeah I meant Mazzara. Walking Dead was pretty great when it started out with Darabont.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I just have questions on how it would be split up.

I've always imagined that 1 season would equal 1 book. But book one is so short that they'd need to extend it out somehow.

And I'm not sure what the 2 stand-alone films would be about either.
    I would guess the first two books in one season and the last book split up for the movies. But who knows. I am hopeful they will do it up right.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I remember when this idea was first talked about years ago with Ron Howard (I think) and doing a split of movies and TV show. I couldn't figure it out then either.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My biggest question is how they'll handle Wizard & Glass. I doubt they'll take a hard stop in the middle of the series run (most likely season 3/4) to tell a continuous origin story with a younger Roland.

Maybe that season will be heavy on flashbacks... or they could pepper younger Roland flashbacks throughout the series. Something similar to what LOST did.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My biggest question is how they'll handle Wizard & Glass. I doubt they'll take a hard stop in the middle of the series run (most likely season 3/4) to tell a continuous origin story with a younger Roland.

Maybe that season will be heavy on flashbacks... or they could pepper younger Roland flashbacks throughout the series. Something similar to what LOST did.
    I was thinking that could be one of the stand-alone movies.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Casting...

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I trust Mike F with this material. I think it will be fantastic.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Casting...

I’m pretty certain Kate Siegel will be in it.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Casting...

I’m pretty certain Kate Siegel will be in it.
    She could play Roland's mother.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    I trust Mike F with this material. I think it will be fantastic.
    Oh I trust him fully too. It was "fans" reactions to the last attempt that made a stink. I doubt it but I wonder if Mike will take any of that mess into consideration.
    What’s with the quotation marks? The last film was a dumpster fire.

My Collection

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It will be done as a stand alone film special in between seasons. So will Wind Through The Keyhole. I think he mentioned that Book 1 & 2 will be the first season. Book 3 for one. Book 4 and 5 would be a season and 7 COULD be 2 seasons. Thats how it will play out give or take.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Interesting about the movie ideas.

Idk if the last book needs two seasons, a lot of the fourth section could be condensed.

I am curious about how he will get around legal issues with the crossover elements. The showrunner for the canceled Eyes of the Dragon show said they weren’t allowed to use Flagg’s name as someone else owns his copyright. For DT I guess they can get around that just by using the name Walter or Marten. But the entire Salem’s Lot bit will probably have to be changed.

I wonder if Flanagan will do away with a lot of the ‘expanded universe’ period just to keep things stand-alone.

My Collection

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

As long as they drop the King as King part of DTVII, I'll be happy.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Joe Hill better do it. That was my favorite part of Song of Susannah.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

It will be done as a stand alone film special in between seasons. So will Wind Through The Keyhole. I think he mentioned that Book 1 & 2 will be the first season. Book 3 for one. Book 4 and 5 would be a season and 7 COULD be 2 seasons. Thats how it will play out give or take.
    I like this plan although I have to admit I'm still a little leary about jumping back and forth between TV show and movie. I know the MCU has been doing this for some time now but they mostly make it so that you don't really have to watch the TV shows to enjoy the movies. I'm afraid that there will be people that will only watch the movies and not have a clue what's going on.

Country
    Country Flag

I don’t think it will cause that much of a problem. They’re both prequels; one is in effect a ‘jumping on point’ given that the Marvel comics started there and other other is a stand-alone story that has nothing to do with the main cast aside from R.F.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.cbr.com/mike-flanagan-da...s-no-streamer/
    Mike Flanagan recently updated fans on the status of his Dark Tower reboot, revealing that the streaming series still hasn't found a home.

Flanagan confirmed that his upcoming adaptation of Stephen King's cross-genre magnum opus isn't currently attached to a studio or distribution platform during a recent episode of the Script Apart podcast. "[My creative partner Trevor Macy and I] have The Dark Tower," he said. "We carved it out from our Netflix deal, knowing we were leaving, and we carved it out from our Amazon deal as well, knowing that they'd already tried to do [a Dark Tower adaptation] and might be reluctant to do it. So, The Dark Tower doesn't have a studio. We don't have a partner on it yet, so I'm developing it myself, which is really a blast."

"And that's my dream project, you know?" Flanagan continued. "I've wanted to do that for so long. If we can get it off the ground, if we can actually get it going, I'm not ruling out Amazon's involvement down the line. Our relationship with them is brand new, so we'll have to see. But, yeah, I work on The Dark Tower in one capacity or another every day." Flanagan announced that he and Macy had acquired the rights to adapt The Dark Tower in December 2022. As part of this announcement, Flanagan revealed that he had already written the script for The Dark Tower's first episode and said that he expected the series to run for five seasons in total.

Flanagan's passion for The Dark Tower is well-known, as the filmmaker spoke openly about his eagerness to adapt King's novels prior to obtaining the rights to do so. Flanagan even outlined how his retelling of The Dark Tower would start, insisting it would faithfully recreate the introduction to the first entry in the series, The Gunslinger. "[My Dark Tower opening] would be a black screen and the words "The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed" would come up [on the screen] in silence, and you'd hear the wind," he said.

The Dark Tower isn't the only beloved property Flanagan has his eye on, either. The filmmaker, best known for creating Netflix shows such as The Haunting of Hill House and Midnight Mass, recently expressed interest in helming a new entry in the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise. Flanagan even has an idea for the proposed project worked out, however, the complicated rights issues surrounding the franchise mean he isn't sure who to pitch it to.

The Dark Tower reboot doesn't yet have a release date.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Joe Hill better do it.
    Not a bad idea.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Is it the case that Flanagan's DT was never actually assigned to a channel/platform/service?
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it wasn't part of his Amazon deal
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So basically, the news is that there's no news?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I interviewed Mike Flanagan a month ago and the video will be up this week. He shared some very interesting news about this project
    I'll share it here once it's up.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 253 of 254 FirstFirst ... 153 203 243 251 252 253 254 LastLast