View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

84 76.36%
  • No

26 23.64%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 250 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250
Results 6,226 to 6,228 of 6228

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that the changes at Disney are also behind the reason why we still don't know whether or not Hulu is renewing Castle Rock.
    I am guessing that they are not, given the delay between season 2 and the lack of information, but... who knows?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter

Weedeater St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Grumpy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    ...Every studios are looking for brand new content. Each of them are looking for their GoT. So, yes, it's a calculated risk, but at the end of the day, having King's name on it will definitely help you gaining visibility...
    For any production house/studio/channel that seeks a stand-out long-term property (GOT/fantasy), there is little reason not to do something like DT (if they seek such a property, they've already made the decision to do so), especially with King's name attached (King's name is no guarantee, but is a risk mitigator). Risk is unavoidable, but risk is part of everything produced and isn't unique to King properties.

For me, the question is, what's behind the decision to take DT on? If the motivation is merely to find a title to hang a series on and make a splash by packing the "DT vehicle" with the actors and tropes the network/producer is already pushing, I don't expect anything worth watching, but if the motivation is to earn accolades by doing justice to King's storytelling, we might just having something special on our hands. Flanagan has shown that he can handle paced storytelling - fingers crossed.
    “Biden's message tonight at the debate was pretty simple: he'll lock down the entire country, raise taxes, and destroy the U.S. energy industry.”

Gunslinger herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest has a brilliant future herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that nowadays, the issue is all about the risks vs investment.

If I remember correctly, Amazon Studios committed biillions for several seasons of series inspired by "Lords of the Rings" and "The three body problem".
    It all depends of the contrats, but even if King's name is attached to it, you MUST accept to lose those sums if the success is not there.

All of that comes into account : should Amazon committ to a 1 billion+ serie, or 1,000 projects of 1 million?

(NB : just finding out that there are different scales and that, in french and according to the scale, a billion could be 1,000 million or 1 million milllionas -_-')
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter

+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 250 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250