Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 215 of 254 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,375 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I feel fucking old...

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I feel fucking old...
    Preach it, brother.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Lmao. Wait how old are you bro?! I don't think I've ever seen TC before. I've always known it as OP, Original Poster.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

When this thread first started George W. Bush was President.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Shawshank is mentioned in IT, which is connected to the Dark Tower.

Dick Hallorann (from the Shining) survived the fire at the Black Spot in IT, which is connected to the Dark Tower.

Eddie directly references the movie The Shining when looking through the open doorways on the beach in book 2.

In IT, Henry Bowers gets a ride from the dead Belch Higgins in 1985, after he’s broken out of Juniper Hill Asylum. Belch was driving a 1958 red and white Plymouth Fury.

It's not hard to connect all of his books together. Just because they didn't use the symbols from the books with the big obvious connections doesn't mean the intent isn't still there.
    All things serve the Tower, no?
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Isamu Dyson will become famous soon enough Isamu Dyson's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Lmao. Wait how old are you bro?! I don't think I've ever seen TC before. I've always known it as OP, Original Poster.
    Oh, yes, OP works too!

As for my age? Old enough to vote but not old enough to collect Social Security.

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    When this thread first started George W. Bush was President.
    Not to mention people were still ardently defending the "War on Terror".

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    That's kind of a stretch. Just because It is connected to DT that doesn't mean every SK reference in It and every book that is somehow connected to those referenced books by themselves makes them all DT connected by proxy. It would be like saying "Misery is part of the DT books because it references The Shining and The Shining is referenced in It and It is connected to DT."
    How about SK himself?

From the afterword to Wizard and Glass:

I have written enough novels and short stories to fill a solar system of the imagination, but Roland's story is my Jupiter — a planet that dwarfs all the others ... a place of strange atmosphere, crazy landscape and savage gravitational pull. Dwarfs the others, did I say? I think there's more to it than that, actually. I am coming to understand that Roland's world (or worlds) actually contains all the others of my making.

That most of his books take place in the same 'universe' isn't what I'm disputing. (Although King himself did that when he wrote the last book but that's for another time.)

What I'm saying is is that something like Shawshank being in the same world as 'It' deosnt mean its connected to Roland's story via proxy and it doesn't justify the DT movie using it to promote an otherwise unrelated film.
    At the 8 second mark in this trailer you see the Rita Hayworth poster. The movies *are* connected and it's totally justified.

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's like saying if a poster of Spider-Man appeared for a split-second in the background of a scene it would be totally justified to have one of the trailers prominently depict him swinging through the city and webbing up low men. It's misleading.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

In my mind these are just "fun" connections to the overall SK universe. They literally have next to nothing to do with TDT and only serve to generate buzz. It is in the same vain as throwing in zingers to get a quick and easy reaction. Not substantive to the story IMO.

That's like saying if a poster of Spider-Man appeared for a split-second in the background of a scene it would be totally justified to have one of the trailers prominently depict him swinging through the city and webbing up low men. It's misleading.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There is a "Dark Tower" Ad on the right field wall in Yankee stadium!!!

Also, check this out..............

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Spiderman isn't a story written by SK so that's a horrible strawman argument. They are merely pointing out to people not familiar with the SK universe that all his stories are connected. So if they've seen the Shining, or the Stand, or IT or The Shawshank Redemption, or Cujo or Christine, they might catch little hints back to those movies/stories in this movie. I don't understand why this is such a problem to you.

I remember back before I even read the Gunslinger (this had to have been around 1999 or 2000) the person that let me borrow the book told me that all of SK's stories are connected. So it's not uncommon knowledge.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

For me the goal of this movie is to continue a wonderful story intertwined with the mythos we all love. These easter eggs are not really easter eggs at all and serve no purpose to further the primary connections we are all familiar with. In other words they do not move the story forward or provide for a progressive narrative.

Spiderman isn't a story written by SK so that's a horrible strawman argument. They are merely pointing out to people not familiar with the SK universe that all his stories are connected. So if they've seen the Shining, or the Stand, or IT or The Shawshank Redemption, or Cujo or Christine, they might catch little hints back to those movies/stories in this movie. I don't understand why this is such a problem to you.

I remember back before I even read the Gunslinger (this had to have been around 1999 or 2000) the person that let me borrow the book told me that all of SK's stories are connected. So it's not uncommon knowledge.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's misleading because it's selling the movie on iconic scenes from other King films/books that at most get a background easter egg like a poster on the wall or photograph of a hotel in the film. I've seen a LOT of people talking about this like there's going to be some big "expanded universe" of SK stuff akin to what Marvel is doing with their movies and that's bullshit. It's never going to happen. If the promotional materials are trying to sell that idea to fans, then they're misrepresenting their film. The closest thing is that Castle Rock show maybe.

And people greatly overemphasize how much King's books are actually connected to the DT series given that he basically gave up on trying to make everything fit. "Dennis and Thomas met up with Flagg and confronted him... lolnope! Jack Sawyer still has a role to play in the story of the Dark Tower.... uhhh...maybe not..." Heck the last book had an entire chapter for King to tell fans to stop looking for connections because King's connection to Ka was muddled and the books are mind-traps.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'd say that right now, at the outset of whatever life the DT adaptations (movie(s), TV) go on to have, is the perfect time for producers/studios to speak up, to the masses, about the connections between SK's works, whatever their relevance to the movie that's upon us right now - they don't (yet) know DT, but they know King. This is the time for piquing interest, not the time for secrets.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

It's misleading because it's selling the movie on iconic scenes from other King films/books that at most get a background easter egg like a poster on the wall or photograph of a hotel in the film. I've seen a LOT of people talking about this like there's going to be some big "expanded universe" of SK stuff akin to what Marvel is doing with their movies and that's bullshit. It's never going to happen. If the promotional materials are trying to sell that idea to fans, then they're misrepresenting their film. The closest thing is that Castle Rock show maybe.
    I think it is possible and they are trying to lay the groundwork for something like that to eventually happen.

They are selling the movie as a story by Stephen King. This trailer is for all the people that have seen the movies but never read the books. They are basically saying "Hey, did you like this other movie that's also a story by Stephen King? Then you might like this story as well."

Demon of the Prim skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack is a jewel in the rough skyofcrack's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I like how the start times at theaters include 19.

Country
    Country Flag

http://collider.com/the-dark-tower-atlanta-screening/
    The first novel in The Dark Tower series was published in 1982. 35 years later, Stephen King’s magnum opus is finally reaching the big screen. It carries with it a lot of expectations and possibly a lot of complications. I’ve covered the various iterations of this project for years, and I’m curious to see how it’s all come together. I’m also eager to hear what die-hard fans of the books think of the big screen realization of this project.

I’m pleased to announce we’re giving away 25 admit-two passes to the Atlanta screening of The Dark Tower. To enter for a chance to see the movie early and for free, send an e-mail to Collider.Passes@gmail.com with the subject line “THE DARK TOWER”. The screening is on Wednesday, August 2nd at 7pm at Regal Atlantic Station, so please don’t enter if you think you’ll be unavailable. Multiple entries from a single person will disqualify all entries from that person.

The Dark Tower opens August 4th and stars Idris Elba, Matthew McConaughey, Tom Taylor, Claudia Kim, Fran Kranz, Abbey Lee, and Jackie Earle Haley.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the SK universe trailer (if that's what we're calling)! And Idris killed it in narrating it. Matter of fact I'd love to hear Idris narrate each book unabridged! My hope is that maybe this will open the door for more remakes of SK films that deserved better. Yes, probably wishful thinking. But wishing thinking put a man on the moon (well, maybe ) and the internet in the palm of your hand. I don't honestly think I'll care for TDT film very much, but who knows, maybe I will. To me personally, IT is a must see and Mr. Mercedes looks to be awesome as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

My Collection

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Author of the article: CyberGhostFace.

Country
    Country Flag

lol they're far more optimistic than I would have been. The pg-13 rating for a story based on a novel where the main protagonist forcibly gives a woman an abortion with his gun before shooting up an entire town and killing every man, woman and child was the straw that broke the bumbler's back for me.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

lol they're far more optimistic than I would have been. The pg-13 rating for a story based on a novel where the main protagonist forcibly gives a woman an abortion with his gun before shooting up an entire town and killing every man, woman and child was the straw that broke the bumbler's back for me.
    "Abortion" is putting it lightly. That was straight up sexual assault or even "rape".

Anyhow, deviation from storyline events aside, what do you think of Elba's take on Mr. Deschain?

Country
    Country Flag

So anyone here in the Atlanta area and might see the movie early?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post
    "Abortion" is putting it lightly. That was straight up sexual assault or even "rape".

Anyhow, deviation from storyline events aside, what do you think of Elba's take on Mr. Deschain?
    Don't know. No one involved including Matt (who was my dream RF) are doing much to impress me yet.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Isamu Dyson View Post

Don't know. No one involved including Matt (who was my dream RF) are doing much to impress me yet.
    Here is to hoping you give this film the fairest of shakes and not rely solely on word-of-mouth .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 215 of 254 FirstFirst ... 115 165 205 213 214 215 216 217 225 ... LastLast