Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 248 of 254 FirstFirst ... 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 ... LastLast
Results 6,176 to 6,200 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Netsgira View Post
    Was it aired in Netflix?
    Its on Netflix or Amazon yes... I just cannot remember which
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wait, the Amazon show isn't happening? Did I completely miss that news until now?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Currently listening to the podcast. I think that it would have been interesting but also think that it also says too much, making sure that this project wouldnt happen anywhere. Even though I am sure that they tried to sell it to Netflix, Disney, Apple+ and all the other places
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Wait, the Amazon show isn't happening? Did I completely miss that news until now?
    See this:

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

This column reads like it was written by an AI program (and not a good one).

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It sounds like he was planning this out for several seasons which would have been a huge risk even if Amazon did pick it up.

At this point I just can’t imagine any situation where the whole series is adapted faithfully.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    This column reads like it was written by an AI program (and not a good one).
    I agree. Eerie.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, yup. Unless I read it months ago and forgot it, I totally missed that it wasn't moving forward.

And yeah, the writing in both of those articles is poor.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I don't think that a target of 500 people will change anything, but apparently there is a petition asking to Amazon to release the Dark Tower pilot !
    >>>> https://www.change.org/p/amazon-stud...tower-tv-pilot
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I still think the best approach would be to start with the first book and move on from there. I don't think multiple seasons of young Roland will work.

Granted it's still a huge risk either way but I think the first three books at least wouldn't take much to make the transition. Everything after that would probably have to go through some serious changes (unless the series is a huge success and they decide to go full on 'cinematic universe' but that's a pipe dream).
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    I still think the best approach would be to start with the first book and move on from there. I don't think multiple seasons of young Roland will work.

Granted it's still a huge risk either way but I think the first three books at least wouldn't take much to make the transition. Everything after that would probably have to go through some serious changes (unless the series is a huge success and they decide to go full on 'cinematic universe' but that's a pipe dream).
    Or if nothing else, start with the first book but have flashbacks to the W&G story scattered throughout. I mean the first book is a lot of flashbacks anyway. If done right, you could have a story within the story and get through the first 4 books in just a couple of seasons.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The best approach would be to start with The Gunslinger, and pepper in scenes of young Roland, something akin to The Godfather II with Michael/Young Vito. It would be a perfect way of showcasing Flagg's villainous nature as well, demonstrating how he torments Roland through the years. Shows these days are adept at handling multiple timelines, Westworld season 1 pulled it off to perfection.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    It's news to me as well! The outline in the first article looked promising too. (The second link seemed to take me to a completely different article.)

Mixed feelings. A faithful series would have been interesting, but I'm kinda happy to leave it with the books.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

This looks like it really had a chance to be good. I can't believe it's not happening.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

See I looked at that AND other than the black screen opening about the Gunslinger followed..... I am happy this one is not going ahead.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Looked like it was gonna be better than the movie anyway.
    There is a petition for the release if the pilot episode...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazon should at least put up the pilot on Prime. They've done that before where they had a bunch of pilots and they picked up the series for those that got the most views or somesuch.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

this bummed me out all over again

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

HBO Max should snap up the rights. They would certainly do it justice.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Jerome Flynn - he's good.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    HBO Max should snap up the rights. They would certainly do it justice.
    I COULD NOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE ON THIS.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love that honestly. I still want to see a DT adaptation done right.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I would love that honestly. I still want to see a DT adaptation done right.
    Me to. I cannot think of anyone better than Mae's pick of HBO MAX. I looked at that pilot and the pics and where they were going with it.. and it just didnt grab me. They need ALL unknowns. Casting is SO important.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 248 of 254 FirstFirst ... 148 198 238 246 247 248 249 250 ... LastLast