Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 251 of 254 FirstFirst ... 151 201 241 249 250 251 252 253 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,275 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would guess that Marvel probably only have the comics rights, not the adaptation rights.
    As for the projects, it would require quite a big budget and ambition, and the movie with its low boxoffice pretty much killed the studio interest.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Marvel doesn't even have the comic rights at this point. They went to Simon & Schuster's graphic novel division.

I don't really see Dune leading to a resurgence in similarly prestigious films either. Maybe a series of half-baked ripoffs like when Harry Potter was successful studios were throwing everything at the wall looking for the next kid fantasy series but even then I don't know if Dune will become that big in the mainstream consciousness.

Anyways at this point I don't see anything happening for a while. A streaming series was probably the best bet and Amazon turned it down. The best case scenario at this point is if if Netflix decides to pursue it AND they have Mike Flanagan (as most of his output seems to be Netflix stuff nowadays) take the helm. Without him you're looking at another Locke & Key situation.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I cannot say much more than this…. But there is MASSIVE news regarding the Dark Tower. Be very excited guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK....but you can't just do that. It's cruel.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Alien View Post
    OK....but you can't just do that. It's cruel.
    Really!!! You got that right!!! Spew, Kris!!

BTW, anyone watching the "Foundation" series on Apple? Very loosely based on the books, but still top shelf, SF in story (so far). production and cast IMHO!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien is just really nice Johnny Alien's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So there was a fan made audio drama happening and they just announced that it got halted because legal representatives for SK said it was interfering with current negotiations for a filmed version of the Dark Tower. I assume this is directly related to the massive news mentioned above.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

So there was a fan made audio drama happening and they just announced that it got halted because legal representatives for SK said it was interfering with current negotiations for a filmed version of the Dark Tower. I assume this is directly related to the massive news mentioned above.
    Interesting. I wondered what happened to that. I had posted about it in one of the random musing threads I think. The YT videos still exist but are now marked as "unlisted".

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I CANNOT say more but this is fact. They need to chill..... lol There is SOME BIG FREAKIN NEWS COMINGGGGGGGGGGG.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

If they did a proper, theater only adaptation of the series, it would be fantastic. 8 or 9 films. Imagine that.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Any movie they make of the dark tower is going to be a disappointment. King screen adaptations always are. Part II of it was absolute garbage.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Any movie they make of the dark tower is going to be a disappointment. King screen adaptations always are. Part II of it was absolute garbage.
    harshhhhhhhhhh. lol It wasnt as good but I would not say it was that bad lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

C’mon… It Part 2 was complete trash! I agree with Nick though about the adaptions. Beyond Shawshank, Stand by me, Misery, and The Shining, the rest have been mostly forgettable.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    C’mon… It Part 2 was complete trash! I agree with Nick though about the adaptions. Beyond Shawshank, Stand by me, Misery, and The Shining, the rest have been mostly forgettable.
    I'm a fan of The Dead Zone adaptation as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The It movies were fine. Not great but we would all be so lucky if they were considered to be the low quality mark for a Stephen King adaptation. I don’t think we’ll ever see another King adaptation becoming a full-fledged cultural phenomenon like the It films were either.

Anyway there have been a number of good SK adaptations. It just depends on who is doing it. Mike Flanagan took one of King’s worst books and made it into what is easily one of the top King adaptations we’ve had in a while.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Even though I did not read the stories, I liked The Green Mile and 1408.

Country
    Country Flag

If its a series then I can't see how it wouldn't be someone else picking up the Amazon series. Why bother starting all over when they have something good set up with a pilot already filmed.

Country
    Country Flag

When seeing them in the theater I thought part II was a disappointment. I just rewatched them and now feel that part II is the better of the two movies.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

When seeing them in the theater I thought part II was a disappointment. I just rewatched them and now feel that part II is the better of the two movies.
    Yeah, IT was a pretty darn good adaption to film, IMHO. Better than, Kubriks "Shining" IMHO

Can't wait to hear what, Kris is foaming at the mouth to tell us!! LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/the-d...s-and-universe
    It is always sad to be reminded of the possibilities that never came to be, but The Dark Tower may be one of the more painful reminders. Earlier today, Glen Mazzara, showrunner on Amazon's scrapped Dark Tower TV series, tweeted out a thread of ideas and notes from the failed spin-off series on Twitter that may make you think of just what might have been.

The show would have been spun-off from the 2017 film. Based on the beloved fiction novel series of the same name by Stephen King, and starring Idris Elba as Roland Deschain, it did not perform well at the box office or with critics. Though the Walking Dead producer was slated to be the showrunner for Amazon's spin-off series in 2018, the show was ultimately scrapped.

“2 years ago, I was told #TheDarkTower was not moving forward to series. I had big plans not only for that show but for a whole TDT universe. Ideas from my notes,” Mazzara writes. As the thread continues, he teases various storylines and plots which would expand the universe of The Dark Towers saga and introduce fans –– new and old –– to parts of the TDT mythos that have yet to be in the limelight.

From looking into Father Callahan’s journey between the events of Salem's Lot –– another novel in King’s library of published works –– and The Dark Tower, to exploring the “establishment of the order of the gunslingers,” it is clear there are mountains of content that could have turned into MCU-level storytelling, especially since Mazzara says it had the opportunity to tie into some of King's other works that are based in the same universe.

“The world of The Dark Tower offers many opportunities for us to dramatize stories that may only exist in the written material as a line or two. For example, in The Wind Through the Keyhole, Roland mentions that Tim Stoutheart went on to become a gunslinger,” Mazzara continues in the thread. “The possibilities are endless.”

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    https://www.syfy.com/syfy-wire/the-d...s-and-universe
    It is always sad to be reminded of the possibilities that never came to be, but The Dark Tower may be one of the more painful reminders. Earlier today, Glen Mazzara, showrunner on Amazon's scrapped Dark Tower TV series, tweeted out a thread of ideas and notes from the failed spin-off series on Twitter that may make you think of just what might have been.

The show would have been spun-off from the 2017 film. Based on the beloved fiction novel series of the same name by Stephen King, and starring Idris Elba as Roland Deschain, it did not perform well at the box office or with critics. Though the Walking Dead producer was slated to be the showrunner for Amazon's spin-off series in 2018, the show was ultimately scrapped.

“2 years ago, I was told #TheDarkTower was not moving forward to series. I had big plans not only for that show but for a whole TDT universe. Ideas from my notes,” Mazzara writes. As the thread continues, he teases various storylines and plots which would expand the universe of The Dark Towers saga and introduce fans –– new and old –– to parts of the TDT mythos that have yet to be in the limelight.

From looking into Father Callahan’s journey between the events of Salem's Lot –– another novel in King’s library of published works –– and The Dark Tower, to exploring the “establishment of the order of the gunslingers,” it is clear there are mountains of content that could have turned into MCU-level storytelling, especially since Mazzara says it had the opportunity to tie into some of King's other works that are based in the same universe.

“The world of The Dark Tower offers many opportunities for us to dramatize stories that may only exist in the written material as a line or two. For example, in The Wind Through the Keyhole, Roland mentions that Tim Stoutheart went on to become a gunslinger,” Mazzara continues in the thread. “The possibilities are endless.”
    I cannot wait till what I know comes to light. OMG.... Lets just say I AM SO HAPPY that Glen is not touching this. Trust me....
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    +1000

Country
    Country Flag

I never thought I would still be waiting for this news to leak 3 months later. The fact that the casted audio version is moving forward makes me think maybe whatever was going to happen isn't going to happen now.

Country
    Country Flag

Some directors are very busy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 251 of 254 FirstFirst ... 151 201 241 249 250 251 252 253 ... LastLast