Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 254 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 ... LastLast
Results 6,226 to 6,250 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that the changes at Disney are also behind the reason why we still don't know whether or not Hulu is renewing Castle Rock.
    I am guessing that they are not, given the delay between season 2 and the lack of information, but... who knows?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    ...Every studios are looking for brand new content. Each of them are looking for their GoT. So, yes, it's a calculated risk, but at the end of the day, having King's name on it will definitely help you gaining visibility...
    For any production house/studio/channel that seeks a stand-out long-term property (GOT/fantasy), there is little reason not to do something like DT (if they seek such a property, they've already made the decision to do so), especially with King's name attached (King's name is no guarantee, but is a risk mitigator). Risk is unavoidable, but risk is part of everything produced and isn't unique to King properties.

For me, the question is, what's behind the decision to take DT on? If the motivation is merely to find a title to hang a series on and make a splash by packing the "DT vehicle" with the actors and tropes the network/producer is already pushing, I don't expect anything worth watching, but if the motivation is to earn accolades by doing justice to King's storytelling, we might just having something special on our hands. Flanagan has shown that he can handle paced storytelling - fingers crossed.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that nowadays, the issue is all about the risks vs investment.

If I remember correctly, Amazon Studios committed biillions for several seasons of series inspired by "Lords of the Rings" and "The three body problem".
    It all depends of the contrats, but even if King's name is attached to it, you MUST accept to lose those sums if the success is not there.

All of that comes into account : should Amazon committ to a 1 billion+ serie, or 1,000 projects of 1 million?

(NB : just finding out that there are different scales and that, in french and according to the scale, a billion could be 1,000 million or 1 million milllionas -_-')
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Traveler jebeare has a spectacular aura about jebeare has a spectacular aura about

Having read Glen Mazzara's scripts for episode 1 and 2 of TDT series, we are all justified in being upset with the lack of a final script / conclusion. The screen adaptation options for TDT are endless, and we've all watched numerous "ideal" candidates for the adaptation come and go. Mazzara had an incredible vision, centered around W&G...arguably the best book in the series (inarguably my own personal favorite). It's a real shame that there's no plan to bring this series to fruition in the present day...fingers crossed for a movie or movie series that we can all appreciate.

Traveler Mohitvermaji51 will become famous soon enough

Plans for The Dark Tower TV series have halted as the streaming service decided not to move forward with the planned adaptation from The Walking Dead and Damien's Glen Mazzara, EW confirmed independently mcdvoice mybkexperience

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I was lucky enough to be allowed to watch the DT pilot and then interviewed Glen Mazzara for more than an hour. I did a vide for the first part (the episode review) and I'm currently working on the second part which involves the interview. It's in Spanish but well...for those who know the language, you might enjoy it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkp1...Gwz9GX3-ywtXMq
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Traveler Valuem has a spectacular aura about Valuem has a spectacular aura about Valuem's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I was lucky enough to be allowed to watch the DT pilot and then interviewed Glen Mazzara for more than an hour. I did a vide for the first part (the episode review) and I'm currently working on the second part which involves the interview. It's in Spanish but well...for those who know the language, you might enjoy it:

I watched your video, great job! I suppose you know that people must envy you for the chance you had to watch that pilot...I certainly do! haha

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Haha. Thanks!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Valuem View Post

I watched your video, great job! I suppose you know that people must envy you for the chance you had to watch that pilot...I certainly do! haha
    So do I : incredible opportunity Ari. Congrats!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, J!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Traveler Major has a spectacular aura about Major has a spectacular aura about

Nicely done....

One day I hope we get the chance to see his pilot. From the Kingcast interview, and yours, sounds really really good.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some photos on IMDb from the pilot.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7215646...f_=tt_pv_mi_sm

Would have loved to see Michael Rooker as Jonas. Jasper Pääkkönen as Walter/Marten is funny because his IMDb page photo looks like a better fit for the character than the Grima Wormtongue look he has in the pilot.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Traveler MisterNoobnoob will become famous soon enough MisterNoobnoob will become famous soon enough

Country
    Country Flag

Some really nice photos, looks damn nice ...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Losers Club Podcast on the Amazon pilot:

https://www.stitcher.com/show/the-lo...pilot-83579873

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

This is an interview I conducted with Glen Mazzara, showrunner of The Dark Tower series. He told me everything about his plans for the series and believe me that you'll be as shocked as I was and still am. There were things that left me completely speechless.

Since this is for my Spanish channel I added English subtitles so anyone can enjoy it.

Disclaimer: I'm not to blame for how are you going to feel when you finish the video and realize that this project was not greenlighted. It killed me too. 😔

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I HIGHLY recommend you guys watch this. I loved every minute of the 40 minutes interview. ANY DT lover will love it YET be a bit sad at the end
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How did some people get to watch this pilot in the first place? Amazon used to put all of their pilots up on Prime for everyone to see, even if the show ultimately didn't get picked up. Why can't we see it?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    How did some people get to watch this pilot in the first place? Amazon used to put all of their pilots up on Prime for everyone to see, even if the show ultimately didn't get picked up. Why can't we see it?
    Im referring to Ari's interview.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I know I’m just saying in general.

Country
    Country Flag

This is an interview I conducted with Glen Mazzara, showrunner of The Dark Tower series. He told me everything about his plans for the series and believe me that you'll be as shocked as I was and still am. There were things that left me completely speechless.

Since this is for my Spanish channel I added English subtitles so anyone can enjoy it.

Disclaimer: I'm not to blame for how are you going to feel when you finish the video and realize that this project was not greenlighted. It killed me too. 😔

Will watch whenever I can, thanks !

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Bien hecho, Ari! I'll check it out this weekend.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was probably just for a few reviewers or people affiliated with Amazon.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.cinemablend.com/movies/w...operly-adapted
    This past Tuesday, science-fiction history was made. With the news that Dune will officially be getting a sequel, the idea that Frank Herbert’s brilliant novel is “impossible” to adapt for the big screen in its full scope has finally been dismissed, as writer/director Denis Villeneuve has been given the green light to complete his epic vision for the beloved book without any major compromises or cuts in the treatment of the source material. It’s a moment very much worthy of celebrating, not only because it properly rewards the stunning vision of the filmmaker and his incredible creation, but also because of the precedent it could potentially set for other adaptations that have long been deemed “impossible.”

So let’s talk about Stephen King’s The Dark Tower.

While the last five decades or so have seen the works of Stephen King brought to life in spectacular fashion – from Carrie to Stand By Me to The Shawshank Redemption to Doctor Sleep – the great exception has long been the author’s magnum opus: the legend of Roland Deschain, which unfolds across nine novels that were released between 1982 and 2012. Hollywood has definitely made efforts to adapt it, the most recent being a television series developed by Amazon that ended up being abandoned. However, to date the only iteration to actually make it to and through the production phase has been Nikolaj Arcel's 2017 film, and that’s an effort that barely scratches the surface of what The Dark Tower should be in live-action (and that’s probably the nicest thing you’ll ever get me to say about it).

Now looking at the success of Dune, one has to wonder if there is potential for things now to be different. There’s no question that executing Denis Villeneuve’s vision was a gamble, but now that the gamble has paid off, one hopes that it might be possible that a studio could take a similar risk in bringing The Dark Tower to the big screen… and beyond.

For the uninitiated, The Dark Tower series is primarily set in an alternate reality known as Mid-World and follows the aforementioned Roland – the last of a legendary order known as gunslingers – as he journeys toward the titular monolith that stands at the center of the multiverse. Ever trying to impede the protagonist’s path is The Man In Black a.k.a. Walter O’Dim a.k.a. Randall Flagg, a powerful and nefarious sorcerer, but Roland finds support in his Ka-tet, a group of friends from our reality that join him in his quest: Jake Chambers, a pre-teen from 1980s New York; Eddie Dean, a heroin addict from the same time and place as Jake; and Detta Walker/Odetta Holmes, a civil rights activist with dissociative identity disorder from 1960s New York.

Unlike Dune, what makes The Dark Tower series such a complicated work to adapt isn’t really a matter of “practicality” – which is to say that it isn’t a production that would demand an extreme visual effects budget to build worlds unlike anything represented on Earth. On the contrary, while it certainly does get heavy into science-fiction, it's also heavily steeped in the classic Western aesthetics (a notably low budget genre). The challenge rests more in the extreme demand for long-term commitment. Making a proper live-action incarnation of Stephen King’s epic requires any studio making it to develop adaptations of every single book, and there’s no question about it: that’s a hell of a lot to ask.

While it didn’t end up coming together, the best plan to adapt the Dark Tower series was the one developed by Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment between 2010 and 2015. At that time, the goal was not just to make a string of theatrically released blockbusters, but to use a mix of both movies and television miniseries to properly match the scale of each story. Reading the novels, you can’t instantly tell exactly how they should unfold in this fashion, as some of the narratives can fit in 120-150 minutes, but others would require much more real estate. For example, The Gunslinger, the first book in the series, could easily fit in a single feature, but the second book, The Drawing Of The Three, would need at least five if not 10 hour-long episodes to be properly adapted.

It was when that blueprint fell apart that Universal Pictures let The Dark Tower go to Media Rights Capital and Sony Pictures, resulting in the sub-90 minute 2017 movie – but what must be recognized now is that, despite only four years having gone by, we are now effectively in a new era of filmmaking. Studios are now aiming to both make blockbusters that will hopefully pull in hundreds of millions of dollars at the box office, and also build out content libraries for their proprietary streaming services. If committed filmmakers were permitted the ability to pursue a strategy similar to what Universal and Imagine cooked up a decade ago, Roland’s quest could be a part of both those channels.

With this plan, there could be multiple suitors. While Disney/Disney+ definitely wouldn’t work given the adult content of the source material, the combo of 20th Century Studios and Hulu is a different story. Warner Bros., which has a history of producing ambitious Stephen King adaptations, could certainly be a good home thanks to the growth of HBO Max; and Universal could possibly reenter the picture thanks to their desire to make Peacock a big thing. There are many potential homes; the question is which one will recognize the immense potential of the Dark Tower series.

Dune, of course, is not the first adaptation to reject the “impossible” stamp. Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings trilogy should forever be recognized for the unreal effort that it is; Zack Snyder’s Watchmen is a spectacular cinematic realization of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons’ comic; and we’ve even seen miracles worked before with the books of Stephen King, as Andy Muschietti’s IT and IT Chapter Two do wonderful justice to the epic novel they are based on. In the wake of the Dune: Part Two news, however, the idea of a major studio finally committing to The Dark Tower in a massive way feels more than ever like a real possibility, and my fingers are tightly crossed that the moment is seized.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    It was probably just for a few reviewers or people affiliated with Amazon.
    But also, Amazon lost the rights so they can't publicly share the pilot.
    (Which I saw and it was terrific by the way !)

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is encouraging news/thinking. Stupid question: He rules out Disney but, what about, Marvel? They had/have the rights to some of TDT through the comic series they ran (running?) right? Does that help or count? Or have they expired since and I'm late to the party? lol

In anycase, it would be a boon to any studio/Streamer to instantly have a "Marvel"-like source of content for the Box office and Streaming, right? This would be right in the Disney Star Wars/Marvel wheelhouse. They already have the formula up and running at top speed, IMHO

Slam Dunk for them I would think but, also if anyone wants to woo a disgruntled Sr. Marvel/Disney creative exec and start something of their own like they're trying (unsuccessfully for the most part) to do over in the DCEU it's a prime content source with great pedigree. Somebody should be all over this one and soon I would think.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

+ Reply to Thread
Page 250 of 254 FirstFirst ... 150 200 240 248 249 250 251 252 ... LastLast