Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 254 of 254 FirstFirst ... 154 204 244 252 253 254
Results 6,326 to 6,338 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the link to the interview:

https://youtu.be/T94bBktmNGA

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

so glad I speak Spanish!

I'll check it out in a bit

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sounds cool! I bookmarked it for later
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

The interview is in English and it starts around 1:30.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.cbr.com/dark-tower-serie...mike-flanagan/
    The director of Doctor Sleep, Mike Flanagan, has proclaimed his interest in bringing characters from the Shining sequel into his Dark Tower series.

Flanagan recently addressed his potential Dark Tower reboot with the Script Apart podcast, as reported by Empire. He discussed his interest in bringing characters from his previous King adaptation, Doctor Sleep, into the series, name-dropping figures like Rose the Hat and True Knot. "The thing about the King universe is, it’s all connected," said Flanagan before proclaiming The Dark Tower as the universe’s nexus point. "There’s room in that world for True Knot themselves, there’s room for Rose the Hat."

The director delved into specifics from the books, comparing figures from the series to characters from Doctor Sleep. He drew parallels between the vampiric immortals, True Knot, and the emotional vampire Dandelo, who appears in the series’ final novel. He called the character a "cousin of True Knot," thanks to his predatory ability to feed off of people’s emotions, much like how the Doctor Sleep characters feed off of children’s "shine," with the difference being that Dandelo consumes laughter, whereas True Knot works with fear.

King’s literary universe is deeply connected, with his eight-book epic series The Dark Tower acting as the center point for many of the stories. The series features characters from across the King universe, including appearances from figures like Father Callahan, who appeared in Salem’s Lot, as well as the initial antagonist of the books Randall Flagg, who appears in multiple King works, including The Stand and The Eyes of the Dragon.

The Dark Tower series follows the exploits of Roland Deschain, the last Gunslinger in a long line of peacekeepers from his old society of Gilead, which now lays destroyed. He journeys toward the titular Dark Tower, meeting characters like Jake Chambers, Eddie Dean and Susannah, who join him on his quest and become part of his group, known as a ka-tet. The story takes place across a fantastical realm known as Mid-World and Earth itself.

The series was previously turned into a feature-length film starring Idris Elba as Roland and Matthew McConaughey as Flagg. It was directed by Nikolaj Arcel and was received poorly by both the general public and fans of the King series. A pilot for a prequel focusing on a young Roland was produced in 2020, starring actors such as Jerome Flynn, Michael Rooker, Jasper Pääkkönen, and Sam Strike as Roland. However, the series was not picked up.

Gunslinger Apprentice Curly has a spectacular aura about Curly has a spectacular aura about

So another one who is straying away from the original books. That's how you make a failure.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's a little more complicated than that

I'd recommend to listen to the interview that Ari did, it's very interesting :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T94bBktmNGA
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Probably just a hypothetical “wouldn’t it be neat” thing as unless Warner Bros. makes it you’re not going to see Abra or Rose.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/mik...er-1235645965/
    During a lively Tribeca Festival masterclass discussion on genre filmmaking, director Mike Flanagan spoke with writer Justina Ireland, who was in the writers’ room for Flanagan’s upcoming Netflix series “The Fall of the House of Usher,” about how he was able to continue making the series after on-set disruption.

In April 2022, Variety reported that Frank Langella, the lead of the series, was recast “following an investigation into alleged misconduct on set.” Bruce Greenwood took over the role, which included reshoots since Langella left midway through production.

Ireland asked Flanagan about the difficulty of being a creative who has to be leader on set, alluding to a difficult person on “Usher” and mentioning that the audience could Google the behind-the-scenes drama if they weren’t in the know.

Flanagan answered the question without naming specific people or incidents, saying: “The management of production is something there is no real training for. Being the adult in the room is a bummer, but I learned early on if I wanted a career I had to balance creativity to people, responsibility to the story and the people you are working with. You swim or drown together.”

The director did clarify that, “The production of ‘Usher’ was rough, but not the roughest I’ve had” — an honor he bestowed to his first series, “The Haunting of Hill House.”

Flanagan also spoke about his dream project, a series adaptation of the Stephen King series “The Dark Tower,” which he first announced in December. He confirmed that he owns the rights to the project.

“We’re on strike but I’m very optimistic,” he said. “We have great partners and I think it’s going to happen.”

Flanagan’s next film project is “The Life of Chuck,” another King adaptation starring Tom Hiddleston and Mark Hamill. His previous two features — 2017’s “Gerald’s Game” and 2019’s “Doctor Sleep” — were also based on King’s work.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I had no idea (or perhaps no recollection) Flanagan was doing The Fall of the House of Usher - great news.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.escapistmagazine.com/mik...ikes-are-over/
    Midnight Mass and The Haunting of Hill House director Mike Flanagan says his adaptation of The Dark Tower is in great shape. The horror filmmaker offered an update on the project while speaking with Fangoria. As the SAG-AFTRA and WGA strikes rage on, Flanagan says he couldn’t feel better about the project as it stands. In fact, the director is ready to make his adaptation of Stephen King’s iconic book series as soon as he can.

“I feel really good about where we are,” Flanagan said. “Oddly, where we are at the moment is completely frozen, because of the strike, but we had a wonderful spring with it and we’re making enormous progress on it. And I have every reason to believe that on the other side of the strike, it’s gonna be priority #1.”

Flanagan continues to tease what his take on The Dark Tower would look like, saying there are “some really exciting actors circling on it.” He adds that the team behind the project has “some potentially groundbreaking approaches to the filmmaking of it” that he can’t share yet. In other words, any fears Flanagan had regarding the making of the project are mostly non-existent now.

“We’re in a healthy place,” Flanagan added. “We are of course in solidarity with the WGA and SAG, and once those immediate needs are taken care of and everyone’s back to work, I think that’s when we’re gonna immediately deploy. But it’s going very well.”

Flanagan shouldn’t be the only one eased by the news that the project is in tip-top shape. Fans have longed for a proper adaptation of The Dark Tower series for a long time, especially after the Nikolaj Arcel-directed 2017 adaptation starring Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey failed to live up to expectations. Now, with Flanagan’s confidence and his strong track record backing things even further, fans of King’s work might actually have another adaptation to look forward to.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    https://www.escapistmagazine.com/mik...ikes-are-over/
    Midnight Mass and The Haunting of Hill House director Mike Flanagan says his adaptation of The Dark Tower is in great shape. The horror filmmaker offered an update on the project while speaking with Fangoria. As the SAG-AFTRA and WGA strikes rage on, Flanagan says he couldn’t feel better about the project as it stands. In fact, the director is ready to make his adaptation of Stephen King’s iconic book series as soon as he can.

“I feel really good about where we are,” Flanagan said. “Oddly, where we are at the moment is completely frozen, because of the strike, but we had a wonderful spring with it and we’re making enormous progress on it. And I have every reason to believe that on the other side of the strike, it’s gonna be priority #1.”

Flanagan continues to tease what his take on The Dark Tower would look like, saying there are “some really exciting actors circling on it.” He adds that the team behind the project has “some potentially groundbreaking approaches to the filmmaking of it” that he can’t share yet. In other words, any fears Flanagan had regarding the making of the project are mostly non-existent now.

“We’re in a healthy place,” Flanagan added. “We are of course in solidarity with the WGA and SAG, and once those immediate needs are taken care of and everyone’s back to work, I think that’s when we’re gonna immediately deploy. But it’s going very well.”

Flanagan shouldn’t be the only one eased by the news that the project is in tip-top shape. Fans have longed for a proper adaptation of The Dark Tower series for a long time, especially after the Nikolaj Arcel-directed 2017 adaptation starring Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey failed to live up to expectations. Now, with Flanagan’s confidence and his strong track record backing things even further, fans of King’s work might actually have another adaptation to look forward to.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.thepopverse.com/the-dark...egel-eccc-2024
    Mike Flanagan is continuing his long-standing relationship with Stephen King with his upcoming Dark Tower adaptation — a project that’s been in the works for years by this point, after the relative failure of the 2017 movie version starring Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey. While there’s no hard news as yet about where (or when) the new television series will land, Flanagan had a tidbit of information for fans at Emerald City Comic Con 2024 — and Kate Siegel had a little bit of a tease of her own to drop, as well.

Flanagan was asked if there was one particular scene in the beloved fantasy series that he can’t wait to bring to the screen, and he shared that he was. Warning the audience that he was working very, very hard to avoid spoilers, he said, “Very late in the story, there’s a scene that takes place in a forest where a character is being buried. And there’s a eulogy being given that made me cry the first time that I read it.” So much so, in fact, that he talked about his copy of the book being tear-stained because of the scene. “That one speech just kills me, and I can’t wait for that.”

We’re also very aware about spoilers, but if you’re not, you can read the eulogy right here. We’re not responsible for your screens becoming tear-stained, I hasten to add.

Siegel, meanwhile, was asked if there was a particular role in The Dark Tower that she could see herself playing, and the answer was… well, “more than one.”

“I would like to play lots and lots and lots of different people in the Tower,” the woman who was Theo Crain told the crowd. “I would like to be the voice of the train [Blaine the Mono], I’d like to be Shardik the Bear! Lots of people.”

I’d say that someone should tell the people responsible for the adaptation that Siegel’s up for it — but I think they might know already.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 254 of 254 FirstFirst ... 154 204 244 252 253 254