Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 249 of 254 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,225 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Why don't we all just film our own Dark Tower series? We'll write it, direct it, cast it, star in it, and then we'll have a viewing party with pizza and cake.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Why don't we all just film our own Dark Tower series? We'll write it, direct it, cast it, star in it, and then we'll have a viewing party with pizza and cake.
    I can be Randall Flagg. Just need to lose 45 pounds.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

And if you could learn to levitate, I think that would greatly improve your casting chances!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I can be Randall Flagg. Just need to lose 45 pounds.
    We can do amazing things with green screens. Besides, there's cake and pizza.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be the animal handler. Are there any sheep in TDT? I can't recall.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'll be the animal handler. Are there any sheep in TDT? I can't recall.
    Is that man handled???
    I'll play "hey Jude..."

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That was interesting, but I'd have preferred they hadn't mashed up The Gunslinger with Wizard and Glass like that. And not keen on the character changes either. I don't mind them starting with chronological order starting with Wizard... but I think sticking to the books story would have been fine.

Traveler oliverthom707 is on a distinguished road

Im just praying that it wont be another carinvale and have its finances ripped out 1/3 of the way in. I dont think I could survive that happening again. Axis Bank Corporate Login

Regards, teatv.ltd

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by oliverthom707 View Post
    Im just praying that it wont be another carinvale and have its finances ripped out 1/3 of the way in. I dont think I could survive that happening again.
    Losing Carnivale still hurts.

At this point though unfortunately I'd be surprised if DT even gets a show, let alone lasting the amount of years it would take for it to do the series justice. If this were to ever get greenlighted I would hope the showrunners realize that they're on borrowed time and not to get too indulgent. Doing two or three seasons of prequel material is counting your chickens before they hatch. The best bet would to be chop the series down to four seasons or less. There would have to be a lot of killing of darlings.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Carnivale still hurts...
    Brillant show.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Carnivale still hurts...
    Brillant show.
    Man, does it ever. TV may have never been better than it was then. Breaking Bad maybe a distance 2nd.

Someone could even do a Lord of Rings type thing for TDT over 3/4 movies. And give us 4 hour Director's Cuts for each on Blu-Ray. How's that for wishful thinking.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/255...st-movies-flop
    Over his long career as a writer, Stephen King has had a lot of his books adapted into movies and TV series, with some being great, and some not so great. However, out of all of them, The Dark Tower has long been a coveted project to tackle. Sadly, when The Dark Tower was adapted for the silver screen, it didn’t do so well. Despite that, one filmmaker wants to take his own crack at the story.

That filmmaker is none other than horror writer and director Mike Flanagan, known for doing a bang-up job adapting Stephen King’s Gerald’s Game and Doctor Sleep. He recently spoke with Syfy about several of his projects, including The Haunting at Bly Manor, and admitted that his dream Stephen King project would be The Dark Tower. Here’s what Flanagan said:

I’ve got the answer that most Stephen King fans are going to have. The Dark Tower is forever going to be the story I wish I could tell. That would be the Holy Grail. I mean, talk about an adaptation challenge… So many very talented people have poured so much time and heart and soul and blood, sweat and tears trying to crack that.

Indeed, next to Stephen King’s The Stand, The Dark Tower is often hailed by fans as one of his crowning achievements. But with that praise comes a tremendous amount of pressure to get the story right.

On top of that is the fact that The Dark Tower series consists of eight very dense books. While things start out fairly simple in the first book with Roland Deschain chasing after The Man in Black, the subsequent books add many more layers, creating a very complex narrative. Simply to say, it’s no small feat to adapt the series.

When Mike Flanagan says people put a lot of effort into adapting The Dark Tower, he means it. The Dark Tower adaptation, written by Akiva Goldsman and directed by Nikolaj Arcel, had a long and arduous journey that goes all the way back to 2007, when Damon Lindelof and J.J. Abrams were attached. They eventually left the project and it went to Ron Howard. The movie released in 2017 to poor reviews and box office results.

All that to say, successfully adapting Stephen King’s books is hard, especially a behemoth like The Dark Tower. But Mike Flanagan so far seems to have cracked the Stephen King code. He also has a third Stephen King adaptation lined up with Revival. If there’s one director to handle a project like The Dark Tower, I’d wager Mike Flanagan would aim true, remember the face of his father and hit the target dead center. Should he get that chance, we here at CinemaBlend will let you know.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hated Doc Sleep... this does nothing for me. BEST director for King adaptations is hands down Darabont! Give it to him.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I hated Doc Sleep... this does nothing for me. BEST director for King adaptations is hands down Darabont! Give it to him.

Co-incidently "Dr Sleep" (Ewan McGregor) when recently asked about you and this post had this to say. "I don't know, Webstar1000 from a hole in the wall so why he would hate me I have no idea". He also noted that he has not asked for nor, been requested to audition for any part in "The Dark Tower". Webstar, for his part has so far declined to comment further.

IMHO, Flanagan is a s good choice as anyy right now. He does show a passion for the source material.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Co-incidently "Dr Sleep" (Ewan McGregor) when recently asked about you and this post had this to say. "I don't know, Webstar1000 from a hole in the wall so why he would hate me I have no idea". He also noted that he has not asked for nor, been requested to audition for any part in "The Dark Tower". Webstar, for his part has so far declined to comment further.

IMHO, Flanagan is a s good choice as anyy right now. He does show a passion for the source material.
    huh?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

huh?
    Called "Humor", my friend. Agreed, possibly a feeble attempt. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Since Netflix already has a good established relationship with Flanagan, this could be what we've been waiting for since 2007!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

huh?
    Called "Humor", my friend. Agreed, possibly a feeble attempt. lol
    Hey I lmao! Thank you for that Bill.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Since Netflix already has a good established relationship with Flanagan, this could be what we've been waiting for since 2007!
    "Netflix + Flanagan" does fit the profile of a successful environment for DT; for us, we go back to waiting and hoping...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, assume this question is being asked by a complete newb to the story. Perhaps one or more of our more learned film buffs can explain why in a climate starved for content that has apparently a well respected love for the material and given today's CGI capabilities The Drak Tower series is such an albatross to tackle. Aside from the shear size of the story (which one would think actually endears it to film makers) it seems to me that this would be a prime property to tackle. Especially with the episodic nature of streaming TV these days.

I mean there is nothing in the story that has not been portrayed, Genre-wise, in other film's. So it mixes genre's (Post-Apocalyptic/western/modern day - Magic & Sci-Fi) big deal. Is it the long term committment to the project and its players? I mean we have seen other similar works taken on these days, Dune, LOTR, Foundation, Star Wars Saga, The Stand, etc. One would think even the buy-in for the source material has been discounted over the years. I'm likely missing some obvious critical points, but please tellme why, Hollywood and the streaming community would notbe ALL over this?

It just seems to me to be something everyone universally assumes that it is so difficultto portray when that is exactly what makes it so enticing. Illuminate me.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

You're right on all points.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Okay, but then why aren't TPTB all over this like white on rice?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Okay, but then why aren't TPTB all over this like white on rice?
    It's like a curse; often, people who say "hey! we can do this!" are the same ones that say "hey! let's fuck it up!"

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It’s a big risk and at the end of the day studios don’t like taking risks. The only thing it really has as a selling point is King’s name and even that doesn’t go as far as you might think; look what happened to Eyes of the Dragon on Hulu (and that was something that would have had wider audience appeal).

The only way I could see it happening is if someone like Flanagan or Boone get enough clout and get the go ahead.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think that the Eyes of the Dragon situation is also a bit different.
    It took place at a time when Disney, the main corporation behind it, went through a lot of changes. I think that, otherwise, it would have gone through. Every studios are looking for brand new content. Each of them are looking for their GoT. So, yes, it's a calculated risk, but at the end of the day, having King's name on it will definitely help you gaining visibility. Doesn't mean that it will be a success, but having a higher visibility than an unknown project, would definitely help. But then, after all, it's all a math and financial situation : would the result be higher than the cost? And significantly higher and worth the risk?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

+ Reply to Thread
Page 249 of 254 FirstFirst ... 149 199 239 247 248 249 250 251 ... LastLast