Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 254 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 6338

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Traveler ChristafanofKing is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I didn't see in the thread, who would play Susannah/Odetta/Detta?

And Demi Moore as Mia maybe or is she too old? Actually that might play well since Mia was technically ancient.

Citizen of Gilead pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76 will become famous soon enough pixiedark76's Avatar

My Mood
    Bored
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ChristafanofKing View Post

And Demi Moore as Mia maybe or is she too old? Actually that might play well since Mia was technically ancient.
    I always thought Queen Latifah or Haley Berry Would make a great Susannah. Or maybe even Jada Pinkett.

Country
    Country Flag

I just can't get the picture of someone that would be the right age, with the right attitude to pull it off, Haley Berry feels too thin and Queen Latifah feels too big......

Country
    Country Flag

What about Janet Jackson?

Gunslinger Apprentice EvaH will become famous soon enough EvaH's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King exclusive: Who should star in 'The Dark Tower'? 'The Twilight cast, of course!'
    ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: The Dark Tower is such a dense series — did you always think it needed more than a single movie or TV show treatment?
    STEPHEN KING: I always thought it would take more than a single movie, but I didn’t see this solution coming — i.e., several movies and TV series. It was Ron [Howard] and Akiva [Goldsman]‘s idea. Once it was raised, I thought at once it was the solution.
    What about Ron Howard and NBC makes them a good fit for the franchise?
    When working as a director, Ron is very similar to the way I work as a writer. We both tell honest stories that have (I flatter myself) style and substance but not a lot of show-offy frills.
    In a perfect world, who would play Roland? Eddie? Susannah? Jake?
    The Twilight cast, of course! Just kidding. I haven’t got as far as casting in my thoughts, but when I write about Susannah Dean, I always kind of see Angela Bassett in my mind’s eye. Mostly I just want good people in those parts. Ron Howard will find them, I’m sure.
    And who would you want to play?
    I’d love to be the voice of Blaine the Mono.
    There’s a lot of blood in the series — how much is the TV series going to be censored? It likely would have been easier to join forces with a network without restrictions, à la HBO, no?
    I don’t see that as a problem at all! We’ll have just enough latitude to make a great series. I’ve worked in network TV before, and every time I was squeezed a little, it just made me look for creative solutions. Besides, I always like to play in the biggest auditorium available!

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/09/st...tower-casting/

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Actually, I look forward to watch them. No matter if they're good or bad, they won't change the picture the books made in my head. And if they're good: better!
    I feel the same way--besides, this ought to reach a wider audience, which the series definitely deserves.

Only now I'm trying to figure out how in the world they're going to divvy up the movies and TV episodes. I thought I might have been able to figure it out before, but now I'm less certain....

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I never want to see DT on the screen - big screen or tv. But that's just me.
    Marry me?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Of course, he would need a MUCH bigger gun lol
    That's what she said.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Traveler Gunslinger Bourne is on a distinguished road

Hey, all. This is actually my first post here - I would've posted in the "Introduce Yourself" thread first, but I wanted to weigh in on this...

I just don't think Howard and Co. are the right fit for this. They could prove me wrong, but I'd have killed to see Frank Darabont in charge of this. He's done the best King adaptations out there and he's already breaking into the television world with "Walking Dead" on AMC.

I'm crossing my fingers and praying that they get this right, for their fathers' sakes.

Oh, and my pick for Sussanah is Rutina Wesly from "True Blood."

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I read in another article that they are not interested in casting "superstar" actors. I hope that, if they do go through with this, they don't cast popluar actors. That would easily ruin it, I think.
    Along with all the other reasons they may ruin it.

Brice: I hope this isn't the beginning of the fall of Opie's golden reputation for us. I told you not to put that voodoo on him! And look what's happening.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really hope it turns out well. My fear is that it gets canceled mid-way if the TV ratings are not good enough but I am not going to start out negative like some here. I will wait to see what we get. If done even close to right it will be an awesome collaboration that has never been seen before. If not, we can bitch about it for awhile and just go back and read the books.

Gunslinger Apprentice BillyxRansom is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by ChristafanofKing View Post

wanna talk ancient characters? ^

Traveler Big Coughin' Hunter is on a distinguished road Big Coughin' Hunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

People laugh when I tell them but after watching Open Range, I thought Kevin Costner would make an interesting Roland. I know he's made some stinkers in the past but he impressed me in that film.

Purely in an acting role, and not him trying to stick his nose into every part of the directing/producing filmmaking process.

Go ahead, laugh away!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Sorry, but this has got "fail" written all over it.
    oh, you noticed that too?
    ?????
    I mean, I thought exactly the same when I read about it. But very few people seem to share this apprehension.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Some major Michelle Forbes love comin from this guy.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Big Coughin' Hunter View Post
    People laugh when I tell them but after watching Open Range, I thought Kevin Costner would make an interesting Roland. I know he's made some stinkers in the past but he impressed me in that film.

Purely in an acting role, and not him trying to stick his nose into every part of the directing/producing filmmaking process.

Go ahead, laugh away!
    Eddie: Roland, why is the Dark Tower so important to you, anyways?
    Roland: Because dry land is not a myth, I have seen it. And I've got these letters to deliver. We should be careful though, we may have to have some Dances with Wolves of the Calla.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Entertainment Weekly exclusive: Who should star in 'The Dark Tower'? 'The Twilight cast, of course!'

Interview with King. "I always thought it would take more than a single movie, but I didn’t see this solution coming — i.e., several movies and TV series. It was Ron [Howard] and Akiva [Goldsman]‘s idea. Once it was raised, I thought at once it was the solution."

Traveler Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    My fear is that it gets canceled mid-way if the TV ratings are not good enough but I am not going to start out negative like some here.
    That's what I've been thinking. As a concept I must admit I kind of love the "movie-TV-moivie-TV" idea as a solution for tackling something so tricky to get right but unless King has worked out some deal whereby the studio is contractually obligated to finish what they start (doubtful) the whole thing could tumble like a house of cards, as the commercial viability of each part of the series becomes predicated on the success of the movie or season of television that directly preceded it. I know it's like that with most movie and TV adaptations of multi-part book series' but getting people to follow from one medium to another and back again could be tough.

Don't get me wrong, I have high hopes, but it will be interesting to see how this masterplan works out.

Gunslinger Apprentice Delah is on a distinguished road Delah's Avatar

This whole idea makes me very very nervous. I'd rather see no adaptation than a poorly done one, and the complexity of the whole movie-tv issue seems to create a lot of problems.

I think it could be done, but it would have to be done dramatically better than, say, the tv adaptation of Desperation a few years ago. My main concern, what could sink the entire project, is a bad Jake.

They're going to need to find a damn good child actor for Jake. And finding a decent child actor who can do multiple death scenes/humor/action/reading minds etc. all of Jake's other roles is going to be a tall order. You watch some child actors perform and just want to cringe; if they don't get a decent Jake I'd rather them not make the series at all. Of course, I wouldn't want anyone in the main tet to be played poorly, but the chances are better that adult actors would be better. I sincerly hope this all works out, but I cant help but remember Eddie and Roland's discussion in TWL: Hope for the Best and Expect the worst.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger Bourne View Post
    Hey, all. This is actually my first post here - I would've posted in the "Introduce Yourself" thread first, but I wanted to weigh in on this...

I just don't think Howard and Co. are the right fit for this. They could prove me wrong, but I'd have killed to see Frank Darabont in charge of this. He's done the best King adaptations out there and he's already breaking into the television world with "Walking Dead" on AMC.

I'm crossing my fingers and praying that they get this right, for their fathers' sakes.

Oh, and my pick for Sussanah is Rutina Wesly from "True Blood."

I think she would be a great choice for Suze. I've been watching True Blood and she totally has the chops.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I have NO plans on seeing any DT movie. I prefer the pictures in my head as I read the book to those on a screen almost all the time.

John
    That's what I thought when the The Lord of the Rings movies were being announced.
    Boy, was I wrong.
    So, I'll definitely give the DT adaptations a chance.

sk

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Traveler Big Coughin' Hunter is on a distinguished road Big Coughin' Hunter's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

They'll probably increase Jake's age for the TV/Film series.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

also Roland's and Susan's in the DT 4 part

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John_and_Yoko View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Actually, I look forward to watch them. No matter if they're good or bad, they won't change the picture the books made in my head. And if they're good: better!
    I feel the same way--besides, this ought to reach a wider audience, which the series definitely deserves.

Only now I'm trying to figure out how in the world they're going to divvy up the movies and TV episodes. I thought I might have been able to figure it out before, but now I'm less certain....
    I came up with this in another DT film thread:

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I'm thinking, if they say Season Two will deal with the young Roland (DT4, Eluria, and the comics), then the layout of the series might look this way:

Film One - The Gunslinger/The Drawing of the Three
    TV Season One - The Waste Lands
    Film Two - Wolves of the Calla/Song of Susannah
    TV Season Two - Wizard and Glass, etc.
    Film Three - The Dark Tower

Silverloch John_and_Yoko will become famous soon enough John_and_Yoko's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

I came up with this in another DT film thread:

I'm thinking, if they say Season Two will deal with the young Roland (DT4, Eluria, and the comics), then the layout of the series might look this way:

Film One - The Gunslinger/The Drawing of the Three
    TV Season One - The Waste Lands
    Film Two - Wolves of the Calla/Song of Susannah
    TV Season Two - Wizard and Glass, etc.
    Film Three - The Dark Tower
    I saw that, but I'm not fully convinced that that's how it'll play out. For example, why make The Waste Lands into the first season of the TV series? And why have the Wizard and Glass flashback AFTER Wolves of the Calla and Song of Susannah?

I mean, I had what I thought were good reasons for divvying up the three movies when I thought I knew what they were going to do....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 254 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 143 ... LastLast