Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Do you want a Dark Tower filmed adaptaion?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

86 75.44%
  • No

28 24.56%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Tower series filmed adaptation

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

yes it is...was going to watch it the other night and got bored with it the first 10 minutes....had to change movies...lol

Gunslinger Apprentice Lord_Vertigo has a spectacular aura about Lord_Vertigo has a spectacular aura about

Flagg/Walter/etc. - James Nesbitt

Roland - Hugh Laurie, or Christian Bale in fifteen years

Hans Zimmer or Patrick Doyle for the music.

Along the Path of the Beam Tank is on a distinguished road Tank's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Apparently there is a Dark Tower indie film being made based on the Browning poem rather than the King series. Here's some links about it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1334107/
    http://fangoriaonline.com/home/news/...roll-soon.html

I get the feeling this is going to suck big time.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If this happens then it will really kill any chance of a Dark Tower movie based on King's work. What studio is going to fund a movie about a Dark Tower with a main hero named Roland if another just came out that also was about a Dark Tower with a main hero named Roland? It would be like they ripped them off to anyone who does not already know all about King's novels.

Along the Path of the Beam Tank is on a distinguished road Tank's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    If this happens then it will really kill any chance of a Dark Tower movie based on King's work. What studio is going to fund a movie about a Dark Tower with a main hero named Roland if another just came out that also was about a Dark Tower with a main hero named Roland? It would be like they ripped them off to anyone who does not already know all about King's novels.
    I guess the good thing about this movie is it's such a small independent that it will most likely be a straight to DVD release and not have the financial backing to get it a big release with the chain stores such as Blockbuster and Family Video.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Im guessing It won't have gunslingers/ cowboys or any of sai kings creations, it'll probably be medieval based and very stream of consciousness
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Gunslinger Apprentice BillyxRansom is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I guess the good thing about this movie is it's such a small independent that it will most likely be a straight to DVD release and not have the financial backing to get it a big release with the chain stores such as Blockbuster and Family Video.
    Also, who's to say they won't name the first movie The Gunslinger?

The other thing is that the Browning poem is way different from the novels. Completely different. If anything, if the Browning poem is turned into an indie film, let's say they name it "Dark Tower", OUR beloved series could be turned into movies, and they could still call it "The Dark Tower". Or vice versa. But either way, the makers of the movie adaptation of the King story would just call it by its designated book's title: "The Gunslinger".

Traveler JiMiTHiNG is on a distinguished road

I think TV would be the only format that could even come close to pulling this off. It would have to be a full blown series on subscription based cable IMHO. You could do one full season for each book and still leave loads out prob. And even if it was some of the best work ever done on TV and they get tons of stuff right..there would still be a lot missing.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Daniel Day Lewis - that is an awesome shout!! I just watched In The Name Of The Father for the gazillionth time last night, he could do any part justice.
    could he play Jake? Or Susannah?

Along the Path of the Beam Beamer is on a distinguished road Beamer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would like to see a Movie Series like the HP or LOTR type, big budget, great FX, GOOD STORY, GOOD ACTING... I love King...I love his books, and I see the movies... all I can say is I want a Shawshank or Green mile treatment to this or even stand by me...
    dont get me wrong I love LT. Dan....and Molly was pretty in Pink....Dober could spell Moon, and Parker Lewis was a b!tch, I just think the Stand could have been so great and is was mediocre at best, if they mini-series this like the stand i will be pretty upset and dissapointed. This is his MO...this is the Magnus Opus this is the King Universe....So many of his Great works are tied to this series, so much of his work IS this series... They need to do Justice to the Gunslinger and make it worth watching...the fan base may not be as strong or solid yet for a 7 movie deal...but is sure would be nice....
    I hope this doesn't get lost....

Country
    Country Flag

Or...if they cant do a decent mini-series....

how about an actual Prime time Show....that would be worth watching, and they could easily get 100 episodes out of the 7 books....not to mention the graphic novels and ties to so many other novels written....

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    Daniel Day Lewis - that is an awesome shout!! I just watched In The Name Of The Father for the gazillionth time last night, he could do any part justice.
    could he play Jake? Or Susannah?
    No, but maybe Sylvia Pittston

Country
    Country Flag

So....who would your cast be?

Start with the Ka-Tet...

Roland:
    Jake:
    Eddie:
    Susannah:
    Oy: Andy Serkis hahaha
    Cuthbert:
    Alain:
    Father Callahan:
    Jamie De Curry:
    Thomas Whitman:
    Ted Brautigan:
    Dinky:
    Susan Delgado:
    Sheemie:
    CORT:
    Steven Deschain (Rolands Popps)

Flagg:
    Crimson King:
    John Farson
    Jack mort:
    Rhea:
    Eldred Jonas:
    Roy Depape:
    Clay Reynolds:
    Coral Thorin:
    MIA:
    Mordred:
    Richard Sayre
    Enrico Balazaar:
    Jack Andolini:
    Dandelo
    Tick Tock Man:
    Pimli Prentiss:
    Stuttering Bill: (Robot...voice?)
    Blaine (Voice)
    Gasher :

Patrick Danville:
    Calvin Tower
    Hax
    Farmer Brown
    Benny Sightman
    Marten-(Walter/Flagg)
    Gabrielle Deschain (the Momma)
    Henry Dean

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Beamer, check out this thread...

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...wer+movie+cast

It has many many suggestions about who should play which parts in a hypothetical DT movie. Looking fwd to hearing your suggestions as well. Welcome to the site.

Country
    Country Flag

thanks....

Traveler melliferal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I think it would have to be some kind of miniseries. A several-seasons-long television show would not work, for the same reason than doing each book as a separate movie (released, say, a year apart) would not work: although the story of the Dark Tower jumps around all over time quite a bit, the actual business of the central ka-tet takes place over less than a year's time; whereas, the long-running show and the movies would take many years to produce. Perhaps not a problem for most actors and most of the roles, but consider that one of the main characters is eleven years old when the story starts and is still eleven years old at the end of it.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by melliferal View Post
    I think it would have to be some kind of miniseries. A several-seasons-long television show would not work, for the same reason than doing each book as a separate movie (released, say, a year apart) would not work: although the story of the Dark Tower jumps around all over time quite a bit, the actual business of the central ka-tet takes place over less than a year's time; whereas, the long-running show and the movies would take many years to produce. Perhaps not a problem for most actors and most of the roles, but consider that one of the main characters is eleven years old when the story starts and is still eleven years old at the end of it.
    um I thought that the ka-tet was running around for several years, I mean jake looks like an adolescent in the pics from DT7, I thought they were all at least 2 or 3 years older by the end...
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Traveler melliferal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    um I thought that the ka-tet was running around for several years, I mean jake looks like an adolescent in the pics from DT7, I thought they were all at least 2 or 3 years older by the end...
    I don't believe so... In DT5 when they meet the folks from the Calla, Suze thinks about Jake as "not yet in his teens" (the only reason I know this is because I'm reading that particular book lately). The rest of DT5 takes place over - what, a couple weeks? Then the entirety of DT6 spans one or two days, tops. I'm not sure exactly how much time it takes in DT7 from the Dixie Pig assault at the opening to the time Jake's fate is decided, but I don't think it's more than around a week and a half, if that.

Roland may have spent a long time riding around with Eddie and Suze in DT2 and DT3 before drawing Jake - maybe even a couple of years - but when they drew Jake, he was eleven again.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree with that, I think the part with Jake could be ascribed to under a year.

Drawing
    LUD
    Calla
    Dixie Pig
    Spoiler:
    Road in Maine
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default J.J Abrams > waiting on Lindelof to commence preproduction of TDT (video interview)

http://movies.ign.com/dor/objects/88...er_042809.html

The interview is only 17 seconds long, but those 17 seconds pack quite a punch.

Thoughts?

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

HOLY HELL BATMAN!!!

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

No kiddin'!

It's just what I've been waiting for, to actually HEAR Abrams say that he's getting ready to start the project, and not just read about it.

/fanboyish sigh

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

*girlgazam* MEGA!

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by maerlyn View Post
    *girlgazam* MEGA!
    it took me a second to figure out what you meant here.

*holds thumbs for a decent outcome*

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 254 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast