Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: WWYD: What Would You Do?

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Default WWYD: What Would You Do?

It's hypothetical, so let's start with one that's foremost in my mind at the mopment:

If a member of tdt.com took off for destinations unknown and showed up on your doorstep needing a place to sleep or a bite to eat, would you help?
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

um yeah sure i would
    it'd take some coaxing for me to get my dad n stepmom to agree but yeah i suppose i would help
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Big Pants; Little Feet Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus is a jewel in the rough Candice Dionysus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I would help out, of course. <3
    Random PM's are loved!

Call me Can.

Discord Tag: Can*/Tommy (They/Them pronouns)#5588

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I would. If I knew them. (There are many people who I don't really know here but it's natural it's a big site.)
    Anyway in my case it would be kinda interesting because I live in Hungary. How could I say no if they travelled that much?

Roland would have understood.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It totally depends on who it is and how well I know them.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I like this discussion. I would try to help whoever if it was within my power to do so. Not each case would get the same help, though, as needs would vary from Palaverite to Plalaverite.

If anyone feels like elaborating on their answers, please do.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

if it was someone i knew and chatted to, then i would be a yes without a doubt.

woofer, why is it uppermost in your mind at the moment
    Spoiler:

My Mood
    Worried

I was just thinking about it because I know I'm not the only person with problems. And I thought "What would I do if" mainly because you guys are more family to me than my family. So, yeah, I'd help a lot of people here.

Also, being in the position that I am (where I have to beg rides to keep food in the house) gives one a new view on things. Would I do the same for someone else? Yes, in a heartbeat. I'd like to say, oh well there's the trolley/bus, but it stops 5 miles short, and the store is only 1.3 miles anyway.

Just an exercise in seeing if my expectations are wildly out of line because I would do these things for others.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Like Daggers, my response would depend on the person and how well I know them.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Afer working around killers and thieves, I have to say I'm more suspicious about people. I would help out, but they ain't sleeping in my home unless I know them really well. I'd get them food and shelter, but the shelter will be at a cheap motel. The food would be good though food though.

I know some of y'all through the forum and even met a few in person, but I don't know you unless I've spent time around you and talked with you face-to-face. If someone makes arraingements to meet in person while they're around my area, that's one thing, but showing up at my doorstep unannounced is a good way to get shot or otherwise severely injured.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Worried

Sam, that's a very good point.

Let me add that I am one of the most paranoid and mistrusting people in the world because of the various assualts and things I have endured over the years. I suppose my answer might be depending on how well I knew them, too. Hrm. Interesting mental exercise, though.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

well don't worry, i will always call well ahead if i am in the neighbourhood.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That would be the moment when you found out exactly how much I:

a) liked you

b) didn't

All fall into these two categories. I'm rarely indifferent about people.

Most already know whether I like them or not though.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Worried

But at least you guys are HONEST. You're being real about it. :double paws up:

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

so, is this a thread in which we can present
    any hypotheticals we want?
    or are we only supposed to discuss this one?

my answer is the same as has already
    been posted.
    if i like you i would help you

(i want a bumper sticker that says
    WWBMD "what would bob marley do?"
    yeah )
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

My Mood
    Worried

Let's keep it a what would you do if ______ thread. I like these discussions.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Totally would depend on who it was and how well we knew each other.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

I'd definitely help if I knew them. Liking or disliking from them wouldn't be important, as long as I was sure they would not try to kill me, I would help.

ps: If you were on my doorstep Woofer, it would be enough for you to say me ''Human Centipede'' or ''Cronenberg for Breaking Dawn'' as password.

My Mood
    Worried

*wolfhug* Thankee Melike. Likewise for sure! There are a lot of things people can do to help each other - even if they don't feel comfortable having the person in the house. There're sheds or garages for sleeping, work around the yard (perhaps) to help this person earn something a la Jake going west in The Talisman.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Showing up unannounced is not the best way to make it through my door. I'd be a tad freaked out.

Great idea for a thread btw. Give us another one

My Mood
    Worried

Thankee! I think Jack Sawyer's trip might be a little more difficult these days, no? Heck, look at our answers and we're talking about people that we talk to (sort of) with some regularity.

BTW, a few years ago we found what appeared to be a mix of old hobo marks carved in our handrail. Very odd.

Gunslinger Apprentice Riostar is on a distinguished road Riostar's Avatar

A year ago i would have said "no problem" as my mother raised me to always help others. Now that i have a son I would much more reserved about it. I would make sure they were taken care of to the best of my ability but I don't think I could open my door to just anyone with my son here.

My Mood
    Worried

Default What if you found $200?

What would you do if you found a roll of cash ($200 to make it interesting) with a rubber band around it and no identifying marks AND you find it in an area where it would be impossible to determine whose it might be (such as a grocery store parking lot)?

Could be dug money; could be some poor retiree's grocery budget.

What would you do?

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    It's hypothetical, so let's start with one that's foremost in my mind at the mopment:

If a member of tdt.com took off for destinations unknown and showed up on your doorstep needing a place to sleep or a bite to eat, would you help?
    Absolutely. I ain't scared: I'm all set for self-defense. I happen to have an open bedroom at my place, as a matter of fact. This is in between the Indianapolis International Airport and the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. So, if a junkie (that is, Tower junkies only! lol) needed help getting on their feet, or just a place to stay for the 500 or other race or something, I'd be only too happy. I like company. Plus, I do not dislike anybody here. (Except for Brad. )

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    What would you do if you found a roll of cash ($200 to make it interesting) with a rubber band around it and no identifying marks AND you find it in an area where it would be impossible to determine whose it might be (such as a grocery store parking lot)?

Could be dug money; could be some poor retiree's grocery budget.

What would you do?
    I'd put it in a drawer and save it in case a member of tdt.com showed up on my doorstep needing a bite to eat.

My Mood
    Worried

Oh, path, that is truly a good answer. Altruistic all around. I used to go to Bloomington, IN pretty regularly. Too bad we hadn't met yet, as I could've stopped in to say Hi!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast