Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Giveaway #8-Custom made Under the Dome Wooden Slipcase

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Giveaway #8-Custom made Under the Dome Wooden Slipcase

Giveaway Item #8
    Under the Dome Slipcase
    Custom Made
    Wood

This custom slipcase was made by Dolso. As one of our newer members, it was very generous of him to donate it to our fundraiser.

This case is built to accommodate an extra set of cards that were part of the special edition. It will still work great with a regular edition though, small gap at the top. You can also visit our collections forum or Ebay to see about adding the cards to your collection.

This item will be given away in a drawing on 4/30/10 for anyone who contributed an item, donated cash or won an auction between 4/15/10 and 4/30/10.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That's lovely! What are the cards all about?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    That's lovely! What are the cards all about?
    There were "Character cards" issued with the UTD Collector's Edition. I assume most folks (like me) never broke the shrink wrap, but want to keep them with the book.

On a side note, I purchased a wooden traycase for my signed UTD from Dolso that was very handsome and reasonably priced. It held the cards as well. Very worthwhile investment!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Matt, I'd like to use my free entry (and any other entries I may have, though I don't think I have any others at this moment since my donation entries were already used if I understand it) for this giveaway.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Matt - please put me in this drawing!

This slipcase is beautiful, Dolso. And it's a very generous donation.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Merlin

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just now noticed that this was up.

To clarify what Matt was describing a bit.......the case is sized for the signed/limited or collectors edition of UTD with the cards that were included with it stored on the top of the book. The trade edition will fit, however, since the two editions are slightly different sizes, the trade will be quite loose both in width and height of the case.

Matt ~ On a more general note -- I'm not sure how these give-aways work. If you have an entry, are you automatically entered into each give-away? or do you have to request it? If you enter & don't win, do you loose your entry or is it still available for another chance? Maybe these questions are better for a PM than a post so............

Glad I can help out a worthy cause...Good luck to all.......thanks for the kind words (and Merlin...thanks for the plug!!!)

Dick
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We did it a bit different this year so everyone was confused Dick.

Hannah has been entering people into giveaways as their donations are auctioned or payments for brought in. So basically, you end up in the one you hit on unless otherwise specified.

So this donation would be in the last giveaway for instance.

Everyone is just getting one entry for each of the giveaways, that was an effort to make the drawing pools smaller so more people had a chance to win.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

All right! A day late but not a big deal...

Our winner is ...

MICHAEL P.!!!

Congratulations, Michael!!

Unfortunately I don't think Michael gave his member name when he donated via paypal, so I don't know what his member name is.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Citizen of Gilead CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about CurtSeattle has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default GRATZ!!!

Congrats Michael on your shiny new slipcase. Precious, it is!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post

Our winner is ...

MICHAEL P.!!!

Unfortunately I don't think Michael gave his member name when he donated via paypal, so I don't know what his member name is.
    I'm thinking it should be Pasiuk57, Hannah.

Should this be in this thread though?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I got it moved and I don't have some member names on the spreadsheet so she probably just went with the info she had.

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post

Our winner is ...

MICHAEL P.!!!

I'm thinking it should be Pasiuk57, Hannah.

Should this be in this thread though?
    Of course it is! What a dork I am!

What thread did I post in? I've been a little sleep deprived...
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Citizen of Gilead Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso is just really nice Dolso's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations Michael!!

(Hope you have the book)
    www.bookslipcase.com

Selling my collection of books and some cases

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Brice is correct about the screenname.

Congrats, Mr. P!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury