Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Auction #18--THE DARK TOWER 9/500 Limited Edition, signed and numbered

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Auction #18--THE DARK TOWER 9/500 Limited Edition, signed and numbered

Auction #18
    The Dark Tower
    by Michael Whelan
    9/500 Limited Edition
    Signed and numbered offset lithograph

*The above is exactly how this piece was described to me by Michael's wife Audrey**

<---stock photo

Michael Whelan (born June 29, 1950) is an American artist of imaginative realism, formerly working for over 30 years as an illustrator specializing in science fiction and fantasy before devoting all his work to a fine art career.
    His art has appeared on over 350 book and magazine covers, including many Stephen King novels, most of the Del Rey editions of Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern series, Piers Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality series, and Edgar Rice Burroughs' Barsoom series, Melanie Rawn's Dragon Prince and Dragon Star series, the DAW editions of Michael Moorcock's Elric books, numerous DAW editions of C. J. Cherryh's work, many of Robert A. Heinlein's novels including Friday and The Cat Who Walks Through Walls, the Ace editions of H. Beam Piper's Fuzzy novels, and Tad Williams's Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn, Otherland, and Shadowmarch series. Whelan provided covers and interior illustrations for Stephen King's The Gunslinger and The Dark Tower, the first and last of his Dark Tower books.

-wikipedia

This item was generously donated to our fundraiser by Michael Whelan. Michael and his wife Audrey Price have been very good friends and supporters of our efforts here for 3 years running.

Auction begins: 4/15/10 **this auction will run for 7 days**

Opening bid: $150.00

The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooooooooooooh i am tempted