Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: King's final book

Along the Path of the Beam TheCrisisKing is on a distinguished road TheCrisisKing's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default King's final book

King may show no signs of retirement now, but one day the final book may come. It may be due to a sudden and untimely loss, god forbid, or he may just decide that he is done. So I ask you, what would you like his final book to be?
    "Come on, lets face it. At what point or another, we all wanted to be a superhero

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finished.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

Really good comes to mind too.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I'm with Sam.

I'm really scared for my ASOIAF series right now, I hope GRRM finishes the damn thing.

I was big into Jennings and his Aztec books when he died. The guy who continued them sucks.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Finished.
    Exactly right!

I dont think I could be any more specific than that, since there's no way of predicting what may happen with the creation process or the lifespan of the author.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by ladysai View Post
    Finished.
    Exactly right!

I dont think I could be any more specific than that, since there's no way of predicting what may happen with the creation process or the lifespan of the author.
    I agree.

Really good comes to mind too.
    This gave me an idea. If *I* were a famous author, and I happened to write a book I considered to be one of my best after already being famous, I'd store it as my last book. My agent/wife/business manager would then have instructions to release it posthumously as my last book i miraculously finished just a day or so before my death. Then, when people read it they'd be so happy my last book was finished and good.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure sai king would find it touching that his fans are worrying about his mortality
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOL...Hopefully he will continue writing right up to the end. Pen and paper in hand, heart monitors and IVs hooked up.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Gunslinger Apprentice Dagavidiab is on a distinguished road Dagavidiab's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    This gave me an idea. If *I* were a famous author, and I happened to write a book I considered to be one of my best after already being famous, I'd store it as my last book. My agent/wife/business manager would then have instructions to release it posthumously as my last book i miraculously finished just a day or so before my death. Then, when people read it they'd be so happy my last book was finished and good.
    The problem is, that opinion is subjective, for example, Kurt Cobain never thought that the people will like so much "Smell like a teen spirit", he said that Nevermind has better songs. So, King could think that he is saving the best book ever, but we could think different...

We will have to cross our fingers!!

Gunslinger Apprentice High_Desert_Gunslinger is on a distinguished road High_Desert_Gunslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dagavidiab View Post
    The problem is, that opinion is subjective, for example, Kurt Cobain never thought that the people will like so much "Smell like a teen spirit", he said that Nevermind has better songs. So, King could think that he is saving the best book ever, but we could think different...

We will have to cross our fingers!!
    Good point. He didn't like Carrie and threw it away at first, also he was skeptical about publishing Pet Semetary because he thought it was too grim and disturbing for people to like... Both books were best sellers. What he thinks may be his greatest book ever may be in most of our opinion his worst. Its all a matter of opinion

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

he did and probably still consider Lisey's Story his best, and it was my least favorite

My Mood
    Breezy

Really? Have you read Cell?

Country
    Country Flag

Uh, John, I've read Cell and really enjoyed it, wanna make something of it?

King still considers Lisey's Story to be his best work and would want to be remembered for it according to what he told someone at one of the recent UTD signings. But he looks at it with different eyes too, and I understand that. I thought LS was a terrificly romantic story myself.

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess it's all a matter of opinion, but I really don't see how Lisey's Story could be considered King's best. I wouldn't even put it in the top ten. Even if I were to choose one of his more "literary" stories to remember him by, I'd probably pick something like Hearts in Atlantis. The first story in that book was far more powerful than anything in Lisey, IMO.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Breezy

opinions, opinions ,opinions. They're like fingerprints. Everyone has them and they're all different. I personally hated Cell and loved Lisey's Story. I wouldn't put it in my top 5 though. If, however, Lisey's Story had been his last book, released posthumously, I would have been happy and satisfied with it.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, we have a POLL going to determine King's best book.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Breezy

You don't need a poll for that, I'll tell you. The Stand. End of story. It is a close second, followed by Carrie.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd vote for The Stand as well.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

IT is one of his best also.

John

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

King's final book will be a sequel to The Shining that tells what happened to Danny Torrence after he grew up. (just my opinion)

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

opinions, opinions ,opinions. They're like fingerprints. Everyone has them and they're all different. I personally hated Cell and loved Lisey's Story. I wouldn't put it in my top 5 though. If, however, Lisey's Story had been his last book, released posthumously, I would have been happy and satisfied with it.
    OMG, Wouldn't it have been ironic if he had died while working on Lisey's Story? All this is funny because what that book is about happens to be basically the same as this thread's general topic. It's obviously inspired by King's thoughts regarding the effect upon his wife of public interest in his posthumously unpublished works. Honestly, I don't find it all that great; I'd prefer for him to continue to try to be highly creative in his remaining years instead of trying to polish off all of his "trunk novels."

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanishCollector View Post
    he did and probably still consider Lisey's Story his best, and it was my least favorite
    Lisey's Story is definitely in my top 5 - AWESOME book.

sk

Gunslinger Apprentice BillyxRansom is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    King's final book will be a sequel to The Shining that tells what happened to Danny Torrence after he grew up. (just my opinion)
    better not be! we already know this is potentially coming. and i don't want to know what his last book is going to be before he/fate has decided!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I am reading Lisey's Story right now, and OH MY GOD!!! if I read about another smucking BOOL with a Puffickly Huyooge Piebald Purple People Eater, I am going to burn this fucker down.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Breezy

Ok, that I will acknowledge was annoying.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast