Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DT Book Cover Fan Art

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

Default DT Book Cover Fan Art

Hello there.

I was inspired to design some Dark Tower book covers a while back, just for fun. Thought i'd share here.

Gunslinger Apprentice Riostar is on a distinguished road Riostar's Avatar

I really like all of those!

Along the Path of the Beam Canada is on a distinguished road Canada's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I like them as well.

I like the DOTT cover and Wastelands cover the most, however. I think if someone saw those book covers sitting on the bookstore shelves, they'd be like "Woah, what the heck happens in this book?" and would be intrigued to read them. I do like what you did with the first one but I have to say it's my least favorite, but then again not much happens in the Gunslinger, so I guess it's only natural the cover matches suit. Oh, and great Railroad/cliffside image for WOTC.

The borders on top and bottom almost make me think of Scholastic for some reason, I guess cause for a while they had that red (?) banner on the tops and bottoms of the books.

Again, these are really cool, good stuff!

Donkey Thief Mike Beck is on a distinguished road Mike Beck's Avatar

thank you both!

haha, i totally get the scholastic thing. your'e right.

The Gunslinger cover was first, and it is the MOST boring one for sure. As i was working on each one, i began putting more and more elements into them, not on purpose. When i was done with them, i did toy with the idea of going back into the first one and putting more into it. I actually still might, because i just found all my layered PSD files for this.

Thanks again.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are great, Mike! I think SOS is my favorite.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Along the Path of the Beam Canada is on a distinguished road Canada's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just noticed how all the banners match the general color scheme of the artwork on the cover. Very nice. Oh, and as a PS, (this is really just my opinion too, so take it with a grain of salt.) since the color scheme in VII seems to be red, why not have a dark red banner? I'm not saying go eye-burning red or anything, since the colors of your other banners are subdued maybe a deep, rich crimson? Again, just my opinion/suggestion. Forgot to add that to my original post, and thought I'd give you a free bump

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice. I especially like the font.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Traveler Nineteen Letters Long is on a distinguished road Nineteen Letters Long's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty cool. My two favorites are Waste Lands and Wolves.

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Some pretty awesome work there, Mike. Awesome way of summarising everything about each book and yet revealing absolutely nothing. I think my favourites are DotT and TWL.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree that these are great depictions of the idividual stories without giving away anything.I like the Wastlands.I feel like you captured that moment and setting very nicely.

+ Reply to Thread