Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 441 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

About Schmidt was pretty blah
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Bucket List was awesome!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    I can say that about Nicholson because he appeared in How Do You Know, which is easily amongst the decades worst and is alone worth 3 stinkers.

How Do You Know, Anger Management, The Bucket List, even About Schmidt was pretty 'meh'.
    I haven't seen how do you know. About Schmidt meh? Movie is awesome. I watch at least once a year. Alexander Payne is the man. Nicholson got an oscar nom for it too, which he definitely deserved, it was by no means a stinker. Anger Management and Bucket List were also still enjoyed by plenty of people. Bucket List has a 7.5 on IMDB. By general consensus it was good, but I fuckin hated it. He's done nothing even close to Hide and Seek, Little Fockers, Righteous Kill or Two for the Money, in terms of stinkerdom. I can allow every great actor a few safe films now and then. It's when your name gets tarnished the way Nicholas Cage's or De Niro's, Robin Williams...they don't rebound well. It's impossible to tell how a movie will turn out when actors sign on. I'm sure Nicholson had faith in James L. Brooks considering how well they work together. Sometimes a movie is just bad and it's not anyones fault, it just doesn't work.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

And not everybody likes the same thing too
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Rewatched this film after not having seen it for years. What a wonderfully chaotic, multi-layered film. It tackles a myriad of themes, but it's central theme of anti-consumerism is perennially relevant and thus the film has retained it's grip and impact on modern culture. Deftly directed by Fincher, picture perfect use of music, and incredible performances by the ensemble cast, this is one of the previous decade's latest and greatest.

10/10

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I like Fight Club but it's overrated. I would like to read the book, though. I like the first half of fight club more than the second.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Agree with the first half being better than the second.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched The Darjeeling Limited again before I give it back to my friend and I really enjoyed it the second time. 500 Days of Summer had a great re-watch value and I really gotta get my hands on a copy. Love the shit out of that movie.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

About Schmidt is a flavorful film about a flavorless subject.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    About Schmidt is a flavorful film about a flavorless subject.
    How great is the opening scene?

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I know this is really off topic but Jack Nicholson was being talked about a few post back, he gets money for every single batman thing that touches base with the Joker.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The opening scene was awesome!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE Fight Club. Brad Pitt was amazing in it.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kluker View Post
    I know this is really off topic but Jack Nicholson was being talked about a few post back, he gets money for every single batman thing that touches base with the Joker.
    What? Even Batman cartoons? Does he get money for comics?

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Last film I viewed? Shutter Island.....4/10 ...very meh.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Ghost Writer -- A far better thriller than Shutter Island but still not quite Hitchcock. The political message is good, if simplistic. Visually, it's superbly crafted, and filled all around with solid acting. You rarely see a bit part played as impressively as in this film's Eli Wallach scene. 7/10

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Town -

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz / 10

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

I just watch a movie called Smiley Face last night I would give it a 6/10
    It was such a boring movie but I had to finish watching cause it was one of the movies were it was putting you to sleep but you wanted to see the ending of it.
    Its about a girl who is a pot head living a creepy uber nerd. He makes some pot cupcakes she eats them and the rest of the movie is following her around as she messes up and looks stupid. It was an okay movie and if you need a movie to help you sleep I would sujust this one.

Also watching Shawshank Redemption the other night I give that one a 7/10 cause I didn't like that it didn't follow the book fully It had the main parts right but I was erked that they didn't have his cell mates then the warden chances and such. But if I hadn't read the book first the movie would have gotten 10/10

Dear John was another movie that I watched the other night. Now to me that movie gets a big 20/10.
    I love sparks movies and I love this movie just for the fact that he actually had a somewhat happy ending, yes there was still people who died and made you cry but the main charaters didn't so that was a new one for me. But I absolutly loved Dear John.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate it when a movie follows a book I've read fully. Unless there's little changes to appreciate, I always feel like I would have preferred to just read the book again anyway.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kluker View Post

Dear John was another movie that I watched the other night. Now to me that movie gets a big 20/10.
    I love sparks movies and I love this movie just for the fact that he actually had a somewhat happy ending, yes there was still people who died and made you cry but the main charaters didn't so that was a new one for me. But I absolutly loved Dear John.
    I enjoyed this movie as well, considering I had bad expectations with a dramatic movie being played by Seyfreid and Tatum. Loved Richard Jenkins in it though, he was too great.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

The Town -

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz / 10

Did you not like it?!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice boq is on a distinguished road boq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally got around to watching 'Fantastic Mr. Fox' and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Loved the scene between Fox and Badger when they were negotiating buying the (tree) house.
    A very unusual movie - 8/10.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm dying to see that one. Only Wes Anderson movie I haven't seen.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    The Town -

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz / 10

Did you not like it?!
    Put it this way, I can't remember the last time I wanted a movie to end so badly. Jeremy Renner was the films only saving grace, delivering a sinister yet compelling performance, but even his beacon of light couldn't shine through the abyss of Ben Affleck's monotonous, wooden "acting" and an extremely by the numbers script. It was just ... blah.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    The Town -

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz / 10

Did you not like it?!
    Put it this way, I can't remember the last time I wanted a movie to end so badly. Jeremy Renner was the films only saving grace, delivering a sinister yet compelling performance, but even his beacon of light couldn't shine through the abyss of Ben Affleck's monotonous, wooden "acting" and an extremely by the numbers script. It was just ... blah.

It's one of my favorites from this year.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 441 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast