Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 441 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, that thing has Razzie Awards written all over it

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

just saw Tron Legacy. Loved it. Amazing movie very well done. Just didnt see anything spectacular about it being in 3D
    If you love me then love me..

Citizen of Gilead kluker is on a distinguished road kluker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watch How to train your dragon last night
    and it was awesome had our entire family entralled by it.
    Even my son who has a attention span of a gnat loved it and watched it all.
    I give it five stars and a 10/10 rating.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saw TRON also. It was really good, but I would have enjoyed meeting more programs.

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by kluker View Post
    Just watch How to train your dragon last night
    and it was awesome had our entire family entralled by it.
    Even my son who has a attention span of a gnat loved it and watched it all.
    I give it five stars and a 10/10 rating.
    Oh totally agree!

How to Train Your Dragon and Despicable Me were better than Toy Story 3
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How to Train Your Dragon is absolutely fantastic! Loved those cat-like facial expressions of Toothless

Watched The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest - and enjoyed both. I especially liked the casting - Noomi Rapace is a very good fit for the role, she's just as I imagined Lisbeth Salander; also in general it felt right to see 'normal'-looking actors, not some 'sexiest men/women alive', in these movies. That (and the sights of Stockholm and Swedish countryside) made the movies entirely realistic to me. 8/10 for each.
    It's weird, but I haven't seen the first movie yet - but since out of the 3 books 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' was my favorite, I hope I will not be disappointed when I finally have a chance to see it.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole - 8.5/10

I seriously loved this movie. The animation was fantastic, the voices were great, and I loved the story. Granted, owls are my favorite animal and I'm a sucker for most kinds of adventure movies, but this honestly was a great watch. Parts of it were genuinely scary, and I fell in love with about 6 of the characters. I'd reccomend this to anyone, especially peeps with kids.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Citizen of Gilead haunted.lunchbox is on a distinguished road haunted.lunchbox's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    How to Train Your Dragon is absolutely fantastic! Loved those cat-like facial expressions of Toothless

Watched The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest - and enjoyed both. I especially liked the casting - Noomi Rapace is a very good fit for the role, she's just as I imagined Lisbeth Salander; also in general it felt right to see 'normal'-looking actors, not some 'sexiest men/women alive', in these movies. That (and the sights of Stockholm and Swedish countryside) made the movies entirely realistic to me. 8/10 for each.
    It's weird, but I haven't seen the first movie yet - but since out of the 3 books 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo' was my favorite, I hope I will not be disappointed when I finally have a chance to see it.
    I loved The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played With Fire, but have yet to see Hornet's Nest. I assume it will be great. I'm upset hollywood is remaking them just because there is so many other movies they could do, and the originals are so good.

Demon of the Prim RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain is a glorious beacon of light RainInSpain's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by haunted.lunchbox View Post

I loved The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and The Girl Who Played With Fire, but have yet to see Hornet's Nest. I assume it will be great. I'm upset hollywood is remaking them just because there is so many other movies they could do, and the originals are so good.
    Funny that I've been discussing the exact same thing with coworkers today! The movies were on TV here, so quite a few people watched them.
    No one is exactly looking forward to Hollywood remakes.
    If you are going through hell - keep going

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

As I am usually "out of the loop" when it comes to new film and music
    ( No old people jokes please) I come here to read your reviews
    and then update my Netflix que. So this is a thank you to all of you
    for writing reviews and putting a thread out here for me to grab on to.
    I may even someday be back in that loop!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

C.S.A.: The Confederate States of America

4 out 5

All at once disturbing and very funny....often in the very same instance.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Enjoyed this movie a lot, then again I love dark comedies. Entire cast was good. It follows a rich kid (Kieran Culkan) who is a pathological liar and anti-social, who goes from school to school. It's interesting as you watch it, they try to make Igby a likeable character but at the same time he deserves the things that happen to him and at the same time, he earns our sympathy despite him being a rich kid from New York.

8/10

Not writing something on this movie because I'm sure I have before, but it's one of my favourites. Love it top to bottom.

10/10
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    Really ? I haven't seen the HTTYD or Despicable Me, but to me Toy Story 3 is animated perfection. I'll have to watch those two soon to see how they stack up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Not writing something on this movie because I'm sure I have before, but it's one of my favourites. Love it top to bottom.

10/10
    One of the greatest films ever made. Ever. A 10 in every way.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked Toy Story 3 better than HTTYD, but NOTHING beats Despicable Me. That is a family favorite, pure genius! I also like Megamind, but it's not nearly as good as DM.

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

10/10
    I'm planning on watching this for the first time this week. I've only ever heard great things about it.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

That's because it's totally great.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    On the way back from NYC last night, a lady on our bus bought some pirated movies and we played one the bus (Skyline).

I'll limit my comments to that I'm considerably less upset that I missed it while it was in the theater. It ALMOST had a plot, almost.
    you get to watch films on a bus? coooool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RainInSpain View Post
    i loved HTTYD, although when i first picked it up i have to be honest i was not expecting great things (i only chose it cause the dragon looked like my cat) but i really loved it

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Really ? I haven't seen the HTTYD or Despicable Me, but to me Toy Story 3 is animated perfection. I'll have to watch those two soon to see how they stack up.
    I would actually agree that HTTYD is a better thought out film than TY3 (i have talked before about my disappointment with the third installment)

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

My issue with Toy Story 3 was that it was meant to make you cry right from the beginning (I think Toy Story 2 is the same). It felt like the whole movie was tugging on your heartstrings and had little to do with telling a story (that wasnt all emotional and predictable) sure you dont go into kids movies looking for a plot, but the whole movie was about them leaving. I get it lets move on.

HTTYD besides making me LOTS of money had a better, more fun, and COOL story. Sure you had the obligatory emotional spot but its about the movie and the story which is just plain fun.

Despicable Me again was fun, better story, and great music. The boys have seen this at least 20 times and beg for more THAT is the true indicator of quality. Let be real I wouldnt watch kid movies if I didnt have kids, so if I had to watch one a billion time it would be DM and HTTYD. And its made me a little bit of money too!

Minions make everything better
    Check out my website for all sorts of Crocheted Goods. Not your grandma's crochet http://www.etsy.com/shop/yeahsurewhatever and my FB Fan Page too: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pacifi...05080416199057

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I never even thought to cry in TS3, I loved it! And they ended it in such a way that it could continue and not be dumb. One movie that got great reviews and I thought was HORRIBLE was Where the Wild things Are. My daughter cried through it and asked me why the Wild Things were always sad. Talk about a HORRIBLE movie for kids! There was no happy go lucky feelings, and it was too emotionally involved for many children to understand. Hated it!

It may be something adults can enjoy through.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

My issue with Toy Story 3 was that it was meant to make you cry right from the beginning (I think Toy Story 2 is the same). It felt like the whole movie was tugging on your heartstrings and had little to do with telling a story (that wasnt all emotional and predictable) sure you dont go into kids movies looking for a plot, but the whole movie was about them leaving. I get it lets move on.
    The thing is that with Toy Story 3, Pixar approached the film knowing that a fairly large part of it's fan base were those , like myself, that had grown up watching TS1 and TS2, and thus ensured that some of the events that occurred had a resounding emotional impact . Andy being portrayed as a coming of age college student ran a direct parallel with those of us who had watched and were awed as children/adolescents by the original film, and although we might recognize the film and it's central characters as ... past times (for lack of a better word) of a by gone era, we still recognize the role they played in our adolescent years.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally understand that, I was 17 I think when I took my baby brother to see Toy Story in the theater. I think its just me personally I dont care for movies that are trying to rip my heart out instead of telling a good story. Its just my opinion that it was mediocre and the first one will always be the very best.

*edit* I think i just realized my main issues as to why I cant get down with the whole growing up and moving on with these toys. You would have to know me to know this, but I've been making my own decisions since I was 2 and have been a grown up for a very long time and at a young age so I think that is why I cant relate. I also have a soon to be 13 year old (my oldest) and these are more her movies than my own. I also have no heart

For me I really think when it comes to Pixar Toy Story isnt their best movie, its gotta be The Incredibles and I cant believe there hasnt been a sequel yet. There have been 2 more TS's and even another Cars is coming out soon (terrible terrible movie), I would even rank Nemo in my top 3 before I got to the TS sequels.
    Last edited by Yeah Sure Whatever; 12-20-2010 at 01:13 PM. Reason: comma mama

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, we'll have to disagree, because I feel that Toy Story 3 managed to be emotionally engaging AND tell a good story at the same time. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.

My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Totally, and its all good!

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen Despicable Me, but you should really see HTTYD. It was so awesome.

John F. Kennedy Darth Pyros is on a distinguished road Darth Pyros's Avatar

The thing is that with Toy Story 3, Pixar approached the film knowing that a fairly large part of it's fan base were those , like myself, that had grown up watching TS1 and TS2, and thus ensured that some of the events that occurred had a resounding emotional impact . Andy being portrayed as a coming of age college student ran a direct parallel with those of us who had watched and were awed as children/adolescents by the original film, and although we might recognize the film and it's central characters as ... past times (for lack of a better word) of a by gone era, we still recognize the role they played in our adolescent years.
    you are completely right sir, i was 6 when toy story came out, i remember the first time i watched it like it was yesterday.(i was totally the asshole kid from down the block that blew up army soldiers with firecrackers.) never has an animated movie(TS3) brought me so close to the brink of crying.

its funny I've seen almost all of these movies you guys are talking about, HTTYD gets a solid 20/10 i was expecting a decent movie, but was mainly only watching it because im a huuuge Craig Ferguson fan, and was just enraptured by the whole movie, seemed like it was over in minutes.

eternal sunshine was phenominal, carey was utter perfection in that movie.

haven't seen despicable me or mega mind yet, but both I've heard only good things about.

me and my mother are going to go to the movies either Christmas eve or day and see either tron, true grit, or Gulliver's travels, leaning towards grit, but i just loves me a good western. Heck, it might sate my yearning for the DT movie(yeah right!!)

recently I've seen a handful of movies, including one called cashback(2006) EXCELLENT brittish film about a struggling art student who breaks up with his girlfriend and gets a job at a grocery store, only to find out he has the ability to stop time. id give it a 9.5/10 and recommend it to anyone into good story telling movies.

another one, i just watched actually about an hour ago is High: the true tale of american marijuana(huzzah for hulu, lol) pretty well made documentary, boils down most of what i already knew about the war on drugs here in america, and some stuff i didn't.
    http://www.hulu.com/watch/175938/hig...-sundefined-i0

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 441 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 151 ... LastLast