Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 435 of 441 FirstFirst ... 335 385 425 433 434 435 436 437 ... LastLast
Results 10,851 to 10,875 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Finally got around to seeing Whiplash - wow! Powerhouse performances all around. Simmons and Teller (not usually a big fan of his) are amazing. The finale was superb. 9/10.
    Was just talking with Mike (Servant) about this over the weekend after rewatching the film; Simmons as Fletcher is probably the best supporting character of all time. I mean damn, that dude steals the entire show.

His performance is flawless.
    I remember seeing the trailer on like August 2014 and when it was done remarking to my friend, "give him the supporting actor Oscar right now."

There are no two more damaging words in the English language than "Good job."

I've had good arguments about strangers on the internet disagree with me about the end of film justifying everything that came before it. The film isn't a depiction of abusive teachers in music conservatories, it's about the insane artistic determination to achieve greatness and perfection at any cost, and how the artist feels vindicated of all wrong doings if they achieve it. You think Kubrick cares that he tortured Shelly Duvall? Look at that performance.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw the 40th Anniversary re-released of Jedi. Was hoping it would be the original version, but it turns out it's the most recent bluray version that I've never seen and I fucking cackling that they dubbed in Vader going NOOOOOOO before he chucked the Emperor down the chasm. Talk about undercutting a moment.

Also finally saw John Wick Chapter 4. I don't agree with some in here that it's the greatest action film of all time (that's still Fury Road) but it was very, very good. Not even sure if it's my favourite John Wick film to be honest. The second half was great, but the first half didn't grab me right away. It wasn't until the night club scene that I really got into the film and then I was 110% there the rest of the way. This is much different than John Wick 2 with that really fun taxi garage sequence and John Wick 3 that had that ridiculous sequence when his time ran out and everyone came after Wick. I also felt Skarsgard was the worst villain of the series. He had a lot of potential in the first bit, but I dunno, he was just kind of there after that. It's not Skarsgard's fault. He was good. The character just didn't do it for me. 4.5/5

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Saw the 40th Anniversary re-released of Jedi. Was hoping it would be the original version, but it turns out it's the most recent bluray version that I've never seen and I fucking cackling that they dubbed in Vader going NOOOOOOO before he chucked the Emperor down the chasm. Talk about undercutting a moment.

Also finally saw John Wick Chapter 4. I don't agree with some in here that it's the greatest action film of all time (that's still Fury Road) but it was very, very good. Not even sure if it's my favourite John Wick film to be honest. The second half was great, but the first half didn't grab me right away. It wasn't until the night club scene that I really got into the film and then I was 110% there the rest of the way. This is much different than John Wick 2 with that really fun taxi garage sequence and John Wick 3 that had that ridiculous sequence when his time ran out and everyone came after Wick. I also felt Skarsgard was the worst villain of the series. He had a lot of potential in the first bit, but I dunno, he was just kind of there after that. It's not Skarsgard's fault. He was good. The character just didn't do it for me. 4.5/5
    It’s better than Max for me… much better actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

It’s better than Max for me… much better actually.

The thing that will likely continue to hold Fury Road in the top spot for me is that not only is it an amazing action movie, but it is also an excellent film in it's own right. I can't say the same for John Wick 4, as beautiful as the photography and the production design is...it just doesn't hit those dramatic highs that Fury Road destroys.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Renfield 3.5/4
    I will more than likely watch this one again because Nicolas Cage's performance is so good, love it! Also, a pretty darn good movie even when The Count isn't on screen.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Yep. Wick 4 was a really fun movie... but it wasn't the best of the series. Not by some distance actually.

Yes, it was a highly entertaining balls-to-the-wall action film, but at some point the action just went on for too long. It also felt derivative; a lot of the set pieces were lesser versions of those from the earlier films. Club scene from W1, glass hallways from W2, dog scene from W3 etc., I enjoyed the film but glad they capped it at 4, otherwise it was starting to feel like the ouroboros, eating its own creative tail.

That final shootout though is some of the most creative camera work I've ever seen and was almost worth the price of admission alone. Masterclass in action directing.

It gets a 4/5 from me.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Beau is Afraid 4/4

You cannot explain this film to people. It just has to be seen. It brought to mind so many prior works from Greek tragedies to John Waters to Bunnuel, Lynch, Jodorowsky, Kaufman, Gondry, Fellini, even references to Joker but stylistic references that are probably imagined on my part because this film is a LOT. I have to watch something very simple and very comforting now.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Guardians 3 is the best of the series. I had tears in my eyes way more than once. Laughed a ton and the action was just right. A wonderful send off for these guys. 9/10

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Guardians 3 is the best of the series. I had tears in my eyes way more than once. Laughed a ton and the action was just right. A wonderful send off for these guys. 9/10

No where near the best for me. Still, a very enjoyable ride, and yes, a great sendoff. 8/10

Country
    Country Flag

No where near the best for me. Still, a very enjoyable ride, and yes, a great sendoff. 8/10
    What one was your Fav?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Guardians 3 is the best of the films. I know people didn't enjoy the 2nd one (I liked it more than the first), but I'm surprised some people really didn't like this one though it's mostly loved. Loved the scaled back plot. Villain got just enough screen time to be effective. Fun set pieces, good humour, effective drama, creative character/costume/production design. My least favourite soundtrack of the three films though.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

What one was your Fav?
    The first one remains my favorite, one of the best in all of the MCU. Fresh and original. I disliked all of the scenes with Cosmo - sorry.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

...I disliked all of the scenes with Cosmo - sorry.
    You are a bad person!
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally got around to watching Booksmart. I had high hopes for this movie and it didn't quite reach them. i didn't even laugh for 25 minutes, and then it only managed to really pop me a few other times. But there were lots of parts I felt like there were actual jokes and gags that weren't making me laugh but I was supposed to, but then I'd get a good laugh over some subtle joke or an actor's inflection. I think it was incredibly formulaic, which was likely intentional, but it didn't do much beyond that. It borrowed a lot of storybeats from Superbad, but Booksmart didn't have the quality supporting cast of characters to make the misadventures work. The two main characters were good, but you need more than that to carry a film like this. That said, it was a well-directed film and the story was fine. It just failed for me as a girl's version of a coming of age boner comedy.

3/5

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Fast X was atrocious. It was the only Fast sequel I've seen. It was so saccharine and sentimental. The Family Meter was turned up to 11. I kept expecting all the dudes to start making out. Not even the over the top action could save this one, and really the stuff in Rome was the only stuff I'd consider over the top. I wanted submarine cars dammit. The dialogue was so on the nose and awful, I think the writer's kids actually wrote it. Momoa was fun, but it seemed like he was making fun of the movie. The whole movie felt like a parody of itself, but it wasn't quite self-aware enough to be a parody despite how much they leaned into the memes.

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

really ? my folks have seen them all and they loved it. Guardians 3 i still need to see that, but i do agree part 2 for me is the better film. its' funny show many disagree with me on that as well oh i guess

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Submarine cars - not a bad idea.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually liked Fast X quite a bit. Not the best in series, but Mamoa was great to watch. Loved the two extra credit scenes. Can't wait for the next one, or I hear there may be two more. 8.5/10

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

As much as I loved Wick 4, the first is still my favorite.

I've been somewhat MIA recently, but I went back to see if anyone has talked about it and I was surprised nobody had. Has anyone seen The Covenant?

I think it's one of the better films of the year for me. It's different than anything else Guy Ritchie has ever directed.

Also, while it doesn't quite match the incredible first film, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse is a lot of fun. Such a unique film experience.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    As much as I loved Wick 4, the first is still my favorite.

I've been somewhat MIA recently, but I went back to see if anyone has talked about it and I was surprised nobody had. Has anyone seen The Covenant?

I think it's one of the better films of the year for me. It's different than anything else Guy Ritchie has ever directed.

Also, while it doesn't quite match the incredible first film, Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse is a lot of fun. Such a unique film experience.
    The Covenant is amazing. Such a good film.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Kiki's Delivery Service 4/4

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Is this your first time seeing it? I love that movie.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    First time in about 25 years. We've hit every Ghibli so far in this summer's Ghibli Fest. So cool getting to see them on the big screen.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    First time in about 25 years. We've hit every Ghibli so far in this summer's Ghibli Fest. So cool getting to see them on the big screen.
    So cool!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

FLASH. What a let down. Fire the actor that plays him. Brutal. Not funny. Couple of bad ass cameos though.
    Anyway... 5/10.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 435 of 441 FirstFirst ... 335 385 425 433 434 435 436 437 ... LastLast