Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 432 of 441 FirstFirst ... 332 382 422 430 431 432 433 434 ... LastLast
Results 10,776 to 10,800 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Finally watched Jackass Forever. I laughed a whole lot. 5/5
    I LOVED IT.
    I thought it was OK. I will say they let themselves be harmed for the purpose of the movie, and it was fascinating to see the degrees (injuries) people will go to so they can be on film.
    15 minutes of fame...50 years of pain.
    I'd give it 3/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Plane

A throwback to late 80's action movies. Rated R for a few violent scenes that were well shot, but not excessively gross. Those scenes did elicit a few shocked reactions from the audience.
    At 107 minutes they knew when to stop. Any longer and it would have been tedious. A seemingly uncut fight scene between Butler and a bad guy was well shot and quite intense.
    Mike Colter as the prisoner does a nice job with the few lines tossed his way. Perfect movie for a rainy day (it was pouring here) and two adult beverages.

4/6 on the RFSRS

Spoiler:
    I thought they might do a mid/post credit scene with Colter and whatever became of him, but sadly no.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Whale - Not a perfect film, but an effective one. Good performances all around. I can understand where some of the criticism of the film comes from, especially being stuck in the apartment with Charlie. But the sheer lack of style and as-a-matter-of-factness to the presentation contributes so much to the effect of the film. There are interesting parallels here to both The Wrestler and Mother! in the narrative and in the setting. The big complaint that I disagree with is that the dialogue and writing is a little too on the nose, which it is, but when you're dealing with a protagonist who care barely move... that's kind of the only way Charlie can communicate his motivations and the film's themes.

What I really liked about the film was how it challenges the audience to empathize with Charlie by playing against long-standing stereotypes that obese characters in film exist to be mocked and belittled. Our first impulse to seeing Charlie squeeze half a bottle of ranch dressing on a slice of pizza may be to laugh, be aghast, be disgusted, but Aronofsky is clearly hoping if they is our first response to quickly empathize with Charlie's motivation for that act of blatant self-abuse.

Big ups Hong Chau and Sadie Sink for two excellent supporting performances that do so much for this film.

4/5
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's been less than 24 hours since I left the theater after seeing Babylon, but I have to say I thought it was fantastic. I know a lot of people have issues with it, but I think what Chazelle has crafted needs to be applauded.

If you have been hanging around this forum for as long as I have then it means you love movies and if you love movies then you should at the very least appreciate what the film is trying to do.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Infinity Pool.
    The "rotten" apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Brandon Cronenberg.....yes son of David creates something familiar....familial here.
    A cross between a tropical "Midsommar", and a peyote, mushroom, bark hallucination viewing of "Crash", this film is a slowly developing mind fuck.
    Alexander Skarsgård delivers, but Mia Garth (X, Pearl) steals the show.
    Many hyper kinetic shots will cause epilepsy in some (there is a warning before the movie begins) and lead to multiple pauses and frame by frame viewing when available on DVD, streaming.

Spoiler:
    What happens when you watch your clone being killed? What if it's you that was killed? How would "you" know?

4.5/6 beers on the RFSRS

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Infinity Pool.
    The "rotten" apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Brandon Cronenberg.....yes son of David creates something familiar....familial here.
    A cross between a tropical "Midsommar", and a peyote, mushroom, bark hallucination viewing of "Crash", this film is a slowly developing mind fuck.

Peter Skarsgard delivers, but Mia Garth (X, Pearl) steals the show.
    Many hyper kinetic shots will cause epilepsy in some (there is a warning before the movie begins) and lead to multiple pauses and frame by frame viewing when available on DVD, streaming.

Spoiler:
    What happens when you watch your clone being killed? What if it's you that was killed? How would "you" know?

4.5/6 beers on the RFSRS
    *Alexander Skarsgård
    This movie is f****d up. Have you seen his film Possessor Unrated?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen Possessor.
    Thanks for the heads up on the correct name and spelling for Skarsgård.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed Infinity Pool, but like Possessor, the film left me kind of feeling like I wanted more. Both films feel like they are scratching the surface of something bigger but never dive headfirst into it. I would have loved for them to explore the themes you put in your spoiler tag more.

A agree with you, Mia Goth steals the entire film. She was great in Pearl and I can't wait to see what else she does. I actually remember being impressed with her way back in 2016 with her performance in a film that nobody saw called A Cure for Wellness.

"Jaaaaaaaaaaames!"

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed "Knock at the Cabin" today.

Incredibly nuanced performances by the "giant" Dave Bautista, and young actress Kristen Cui. The trailers reveal the premise so no need to rehash that.
    Great 35MM cinematography kicks the movie off, and continues with "Kodak" colors and saturation.
    Essentially a one stage play, Shyamalan ratchets up the tension, while maintaining a sense of belief (for zealots,and soon to be captives).

4/6 Beers on the RFSRS.

The Shyamalan twist spoiler is:

Spoiler:
    There is no great twist

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn. Does anyone here get out to see a movie?

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm too busy studying film to go watch films. I'm going to go out to see Knock at the Cabin next weekend, maybe. On my reading week at the very least.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I spent pretty good money a ways back so I could watch from home, 4K, dolby Atmos.
    Plus you can pause.. hit the head, mix a nice rum drink, grab a beer, then resume.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Seeing Knock at the Cabin next Sunday
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I used to see movies on my own. But ever since I got married, I don't see them unless they're with my family. The problem is we're still living in different countries atm, so it's not easy. The second that changes, I'm sure I'll be going to the cinema on a regular basis.
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was sick this weekend. I really wanted to see Knock at the Cabin.

I was going to report on a few of the films I watched for Sundance, but I figured most people don't care because they are films people won't hear about for months.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Same, Mike! Planned to go see it this weekend but got sick (I think flu, since 'rona tests were negative) on Thursday and have been home since. On the plus side, I've been able to catch up on some movies that I missed: The Menu, Glass Onion, and The Good Nurse.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Same, Mike! Planned to go see it this weekend but got sick (I think flu, since 'rona tests were negative) on Thursday and have been home since. On the plus side, I've been able to catch up on some movies that I missed: The Menu, Glass Onion, and The Good Nurse.
    All quality films. The Menu was a nice surprise for me.

I watched Tar yesterday and I'm not sure if I watched a different film but I could not get into it. I'm not sure where all the love is coming from. It's a glacially slow film where there's truly not a lot happening. You feel every second of its unnecessary 2 hours and 40 minutes runtime.

My instincts were right on this one. As soon as I saw the trailer, I knew it wasn't for me.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm really sad to hear that because I really liked Tar. Not the best of the year or anything but high up there.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Tar and Aftersun are the top of my to-watch list cause of all the buzz they've been getting.

I somehow missed Decision To Leave in theaters so I want to watch that too. I'll watch anything by Park.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’m thinking Aftersun will end up very close to the top of the year for me.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Knock at the Cabin 3/4

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

A Man Called Otto:

Predictable, maudlin yet well acted and tender.
    4/6 Beers on the RFSRS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Just rewatched Memories of Murder after like 10 years of not having watched it. Damn what a great film. Ending still haunts me.

4/5

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I'm really sad to hear that because I really liked Tar. Not the best of the year or anything but high up there.
    Maybe there was just too much hype for me, but I really tried to like it. The first 3rd of the film was too much musical jargon.

I read an article from a composer that said he watched the film and cringed at some of those scenes because there was so much inside technical jargon that he was afraid people would be put off by it. Most sports movies don't include things like that because they want it to be accessible to people who don't know the ins and outs of the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Just rewatched Memories of Murder after like 10 years of not having watched it. Damn what a great film. Ending still haunts me.

4/5
    It's a masterpiece. That film gets better every time I watch it.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The first 3rd of the film was too much musical jargon.

I read an article from a composer that said he watched the film and cringed at some of those scenes because there was so much inside technical jargon that he was afraid people would be put off by it. Most sports movies don't include things like that because they want it to be accessible to people who don't know the ins and outs of the sport.
    That's what I enjoyed about it. It wasn't fake-sounding, it was all in an effort to have it feel as real as possible. That's why it's a New Yorker interview and not a New Jerseyan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 432 of 441 FirstFirst ... 332 382 422 430 431 432 433 434 ... LastLast