Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 430 of 441 FirstFirst ... 330 380 420 428 429 430 431 432 440 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,750 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Watched Ouija: Origin of Evil, and stange as it may sound, it was pretty good. The reviews for the first the series were not good, so my daughter and I just jumped to the sequel. It turned out to be a real fun romp. 7.5/10
    It's Mike Flanagan
    I have an interview coming out I did with Mike in a new magazine about King and all his work Ill be sure to post a link when its published this fall! BIG things coming from this guy
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    It's definitely a fun movie and one I did not see coming. I do have a specific question about the plot that maybe someone can help with, don't read if you haven't seen....

SPOILER
    IIRC, the issue was never clarified.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    It's definitely a fun movie and one I did not see coming. I do have a specific question about the plot that maybe someone can help with, don't read if you haven't seen....

SPOILER
    So perhaps a major plot hole or a device to set up a sequel or prequel. Of all things, that got stuck in my head right after the movie and I couldn't figure it out.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

SPOILER
    So perhaps a major plot hole or a device to set up a sequel or prequel. Of all things, that got stuck in my head right after the movie and I couldn't figure it out.

I think it's something to not over-analyze. Many a movie has quirks. It's only if they become big hits that people start to ruminate/speculate as to possible plot holes, mistakes etc. (IIRC it's called "fridge logic". You get home after a viewing and open the refrigerator, and a plot hole grabs you and you can't shake it loose.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    That I hear it isn't as good as Ragnarok is kind of turning me off checking it out. I liked Ragnarok, but I only gave it a 3/5. The Asgard stuff bored me to tears. Gladiator Planet and Goldblum was very fun though. If people who loved Ragnarok don't think this one is as good then I'll wait to watch on streaming.
    Honestly it pains me to say this cause I love Waititi and Ragnarok, but L&T is a bit of a mess - tonally, structurally. There's just too many contrivances and half baked ideas. It has some funny bits and cool visuals, but as a whole it's just not cohesive.

Enjoyed my time with it in theaters and glad I got to see it, but I won't be in any kind of rush to watch it again. I'll give it a generous 3/5 stars.
    Thor: Love and Thunder has all of the ingredients that made Thor: Ragnarok a hit; they're just not as well blended. Ragnarok was a character drama set in action-adventure, laced throughout with comedy and nostalgia. Love and Thunder is also a character drama set in action-adventure, but not until the third act. The first 3/4 of the movie is all comedy. The early action scenes are comedic action completely. Ragnarok alternated its elements beat-by-beat, presenting a moment of excitement, a laugh, a display of psychology, and then around again. Love and Thunder (until it suddenly turns into something entirely different) has no true thrills and no new character insights; it's all played for laughs, broken up only by the villain's story, which does have thrilling action and character psychology, but is all suitable, incompatibly, to horror. It's disappointing that the really affecting plot that comes at the end will never be appreciated. Most audiences obviously had made their minds up already about what they were watching before the last battle commenced.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

And not to mention they completely wasted Bale's Gorr the God Butcher villain. How you land an Oscar winner and squander all the potential of the character is beyond me. Especially since Ragnarok's Hela was excellent and one of the best non-Thanos MCU villains.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Munsters was just god awful. It has to be one of the worst movies I've ever suffered through. I have no clue who keeps letting Rob Zombie make movies and put his non actor wife in every one.
    Looking for Suntup Brother ARC and Suntup Seed ARC

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Barbarian was a trip lol. Went into it knowing literally nothing about the movie other than it was a horror flick and it starred Bill Skarsgaard.

Fun theater experience. It helped that everyone in the theater was into it as well. Catch it before it stops showing!

4/5

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Re: Barbarian: I think that
    Spoiler:
    Justin Long shoving the girl off the roof has got to be one of the jerkiest character moves in all of film.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Re: Barbarian: I think that
    Spoiler:
    Justin Long shoving the girl off the roof has got to be one of the jerkiest character moves in all of film.
    Spoiler:
    The best part was his b.s explanation afterward "Oh I didn't throw you, your hand was slipping and that's why you fell off" LMAO.

Also as soon as I saw Justin Long I knew he was gonna die a horrible death. What is it with him in horror films and getting disfigured!? Gets his eyes ripped out in Jeepers Creepers, gets turned into a freaking Walrus in Husk, and gets his head popped in Barbarian. Poor guy can't catch a break!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    And not to mention they completely wasted Bale's Gorr the God Butcher villain. How you land an Oscar winner and squander all the potential of the character is beyond me. Especially since Ragnarok's Hela was excellent and one of the best non-Thanos MCU villains.

I thought she was pretty forgettable. Then again I thought all the Asgard stuff in Ragnarok to be pretty boring so it's probably forgettable to me for that reason. If the entire movie were on Goldblum's gladiator planet I would have loved it, but they kept showing Asgard stuff and harshing my buzz. Too much Asgard, not enough Thor getting electrocuted.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Pleased to be one of the very few that saw Bros because it is a really good movie. 3.5/4

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

2022 is the year of the horror movie. The latest very good movie is "Smile". I viewed it Friday in a local theater. Although it doesn't break any new ground, the movie is just well done in all aspects-acting, directing, cinematography, lighting, sound, etc.

A Psychotherapist at a busy local hospital is overworked and gets insufficient rest. As a child, she witnessed her mothers overdose death, and it subconsciously wears on her. One day a young lady comes in the hospital raving about an evil force that appears with a ghoulish smile on his face. Suddenly the patient cuts her own throat in front of the doctor. Soon thereafter, the doctor starts to have similar "illusions".

Full of jump-starts, with perhaps one or two many flashback/dream scenes, the tension builds to a crescendo.

I hesitate to give any more away.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2022 is the year of the horror movie. The latest very good movie is "Smile". I viewed it Friday in a local theater. Although it doesn't break any new ground, the movie is just well done in all aspects-acting, directing, cinematography, lighting, sound, etc.

A Psychotherapist at a busy local hospital is overworked and gets insufficient rest. As a child, she witnessed her mothers overdose death, and it subconsciously wears on her. One day a young lady comes in the hospital raving about an evil force that appears with a ghoulish smile on his face. Suddenly the patient cuts her own throat in front of the doctor. Soon thereafter, the doctor starts to have similar "illusions".

Full of jump-starts, with perhaps one or two many flashback/dream scenes, the tension builds to a crescendo.

I hesitate to give any more away.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS.
    I know.. this, Pearl and Barbarians I really wanna see however the past couple weeks have been a no go. I should have my property fixed up by the end of next weekend! I just got power today!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I too saw Smile this weekend, with my two daughters (18 & 20). We all enjoyed it very much. I would very much like to see a sequel/prequel. This one needs some further explanation down the road. 7.5/10

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't get all the hate for Don't Worry Darling. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The big twist...meh.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Banshees of Inisherin is destined to be one of those films that a lot of people don't see, but I think it's one of the best films of the year. The film is packed with fantastic performances and its relatively basic plot shouldn't be as captivating as it is. It's also one of the more genuinely funny films of the year.

Martin McDonagh doesn't make a lot of films, but so far he hasn't missed.

Country
    Country Flag

I feel like it was only in my theater for a hot minute, then it was gone, so I missed it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I feel like it was only in my theater for a hot minute, then it was gone, so I missed it.
    Yup. Films like that are a thing of the past when it comes to theater releases.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't Worry Darling was a fine movie, don't get all the hate for it. It's all the extracurriculars that happened outside of the movie probably.

The concept needed a lot more fleshing out but the execution was fine enough. Gets a 3/5 from me.

Country
    Country Flag

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My bf has taken me to see Violent Night two weekends in a row now. He loves that movie but is not a big horror fan but it's so damn violent and he loves Christmas. I really like David Harbour's Santa and the movie is fun...and violent. Also, Beverly D'Angelo still commands a scene and gets some of the best lines. 3/4

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I rewatched Burning. Incredible film. So much depth, so little resolution. My ideal kind of film. That natural lighting photography. Muah!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 430 of 441 FirstFirst ... 330 380 420 428 429 430 431 432 440 ... LastLast