Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 424 of 441 FirstFirst ... 324 374 414 422 423 424 425 426 434 ... LastLast
Results 10,576 to 10,600 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Saw The Batman last night as well at the early fan screening in IMAX. Wasn’t blown away, but it was very good. At times brilliant and right off the pages of a gritty Gotham comic like Gotham Central or something. Very bleak. Super dark. Much darker than Nolan, very much Fincher and Seven levels.
    It was well acted, Pattinson surprised me and he did an amazing job of being the quiet observant detective. All his gadgets were plausible. The acting all around was topnotch. The score was dark, dreary, and impressive. It truly was a dark detective noir seemingly where Batman was against the corruption of Gotham, plus the Zodiac rated PG-13, and his own personal demons. Paul Dano was creepy, and his dialogue made him even more disturbing. It was like watching Batman in the movie Seven. However, Catwoman kissing on Batman was out of nowhere and unneeded, the ending fell a little flat, and I despised the "white privilege" remark that was completely out in left field and unnecessary.
    Overall, the movie was fantastic and the second-best Batman movie to date...behind The Dark Knight.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I am booking another viewing for Monday night. One of the best comic book movies I’ve ever seen. Definitely in my top 10… maybe even top 5 movies of all time.

I feel like you say this every time you see a comic book movie.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I finally saw Spider-Man: No Way Home. I liked that the gimmick supported the story rather than the story servicing the gimmick. I also liked that this was a film about Peter Parker, not Spider-Man. 4/5

More on Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/fi...n-no-way-home/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I am booking another viewing for Monday night. One of the best comic book movies I’ve ever seen. Definitely in my top 10… maybe even top 5 movies of all time.

I feel like you say this every time you see a comic book movie.
    I like them for the most part.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

House of Gucci. 4/5 Great acting and very well done. Leto is a bit over the top but Lady Gaga and Adam Driver are great. Pacino is Pacino. Selma Hayek wasn't really much involved.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    House of Gucci. 4/5 Great acting and very well done. Leto is a bit over the top but Lady Gaga and Adam Driver are great. Pacino is Pacino. Selma Hayek wasn't really much involved.
    Agreed. I was surprised myself at the acting. It was enjoyable to watch.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got back from a second viewing and this is the best Batman. And best comic book movie of all time. I haven’t been in love with a movie in theatre since Dark Knight and this is better. Matrix it doesn’t best ….. but it’s a wonderful movie in so many ways. I can’t wait for what and where he takes this next

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Batman

A really good noir-detective film starring the Bat. The performances were great across the board, cinematography was spot on, atmosphere galore, and Paul Dano's excellent Riddler cast a strong presence even when he wasn't on scene.

Still, there were quite a number of things that kept it from being an All Time Great.
    Spoiler:
    Weak third act (especially an anti-climactic ending), Alfred being on screen for 2 minutes when his and Bruce's relationship is always at the crux of Batman films. Apart from the chase scene there weren't too many Wow moments for me.

Not the best Batman or CBM film ever made, but it earned its place in the top half of those lists. Can't wait to see Reeves next film. Maybe that will be The Dark Knight to this film's Batman Begins.

4/5

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Batman - A very good film that does a lot of things right and few things wrong, but it doesn't do enough things great to push it up to elite status, at least after a first viewing. I saw this and Spider-Man: No Way Home less than two weeks apart. While I think The Batman is the superior film, I have a feeling I'll rewatch Spider-man more time.

4/5

Much more at Letterboxd: https://letterboxd.com/mattrickbt/film/the-batman/

Country
    Country Flag

Seen Batman for the 3rd time. Still in love.... I did however have an epiphany while watching the 3rd act. Im wondering if any of my other fellow movie buffs here have thought of this. I thought just after the hallway machine gun scene that I may NEVER get a real movie like I did in the 80's and 90's that will ever be bested. Like T2, Indiana Jones or Matrix.... those moments are in my past and I may never experience them again. It also made me smile that at least I was getting some of the rush from seeing this but never again would it be like... 'then'.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw Batman couple of days ago.
    1st Pattinson is the best Bruce Wayne
    2nd Bale is the best Batman
    Dark Knight wins but it was enjoyable, could have been shorter though.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Seen Batman for the 3rd time. Still in love.... I did however have an epiphany while watching the 3rd act. Im wondering if any of my other fellow movie buffs here have thought of this. I thought just after the hallway machine gun scene that I may NEVER get a real movie like I did in the 80's and 90's that will ever be bested. Like T2, Indiana Jones or Matrix.... those moments are in my past and I may never experience them again. It also made me smile that at least I was getting some of the rush from seeing this but never again would it be like... 'then'.
    You will never be the age you were in the 80's and 90's. As one gets older, it becomes much more difficult for films/events to make significant-life memorable impressions upon you.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    You will never be the age you were in the 80's and 90's. As one gets older, it becomes much more difficult for films/events to make significant-life memorable impressions upon you.
    Totally agree RF… never dawned on me..
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, they don't make 'em like they used to.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Saw The Batman last night as well at the early fan screening in IMAX. Wasn’t blown away, but it was very good. At times brilliant and right off the pages of a gritty Gotham comic like Gotham Central or something. Very bleak. Super dark. Much darker than Nolan, very much Fincher and Seven levels.
    It was well acted, Pattinson surprised me and he did an amazing job of being the quiet observant detective. All his gadgets were plausible. The acting all around was topnotch. The score was dark, dreary, and impressive. It truly was a dark detective noir seemingly where Batman was against the corruption of Gotham, plus the Zodiac rated PG-13, and his own personal demons. Paul Dano was creepy, and his dialogue made him even more disturbing. It was like watching Batman in the movie Seven. However, Catwoman kissing on Batman was out of nowhere and unneeded, the ending fell a little flat, and I despised the "white privilege" remark that was completely out in left field and unnecessary.
    Overall, the movie was fantastic and the second-best Batman movie to date...behind The Dark Knight.
    Pattinson shouldn't be surprising anyone with his acting at this point. The man has consistently pumped out solid work in films like The Rover, High Life, The Light House, Good Time, Tenet, The Lost City of Z just to name a few. He's completely left Twilight in the dust.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Pattinson shouldn't be surprising anyone with his acting at this point. The man has consistently pumped out solid work in films like The Rover, High Life, The Light House, Good Time, Tenet, The Lost City of Z just to name a few. He's completely left Twilight in the dust.
    Agreed, he can act and honestly he's now my favorite Batman (except for Adam West). But we all have to admit we were waiting to see if the Batman sparkled during daytime.
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The wettest Batman ever! I really liked it.

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I know a couple "children" that mentioned the glitter Batman and want nothing to do with the movie. That is preposterous and he is fantastic in the movies you mentioned above. The guy can act and it is refreshing to see a young actor able to play multiple roles and excel. There aren't many Pattinson's out there that can act. He is growing on me.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Lost City.
    Flop sweat. That's what you get when several very good comedic actors are given a script with very few funny lines, a horrible plot, and a few million dollars each for trying.

Tedious at 92 minutes one wants to walk out and do something more entertaining (liking watching grass grow).

2.5 beers on the Randall Flagg Six Pack Rating System (RFSRS).

Save your time, and your money-avoid this movie.

Country
    Country Flag

The Lost City.
    Flop sweat. That's what you get when several very good comedic actors are given a script with very few funny lines, a horrible plot, and a few million dollars each for trying.

Tedious at 92 minutes one wants to walk out and do something more entertaining (liking watching grass grow).

We seen it too. Brad Pitt stole the show for me. Too bad he didn’t have a larger role. I’d rate it a bit higher than as a popcorn movie.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Come to Daddy

Started off great with a promising performance by Elijah Wood and a creepy, mysterious, and captivating turn by Stephen McHattie.

Then right before the halfway mark the film squanders its potential by introducing a bunch of lame subplots that pull the film towards a nosedive. Shame, could have been a great film if it delivered on the promise of the first 20-30 minutes.

2.5/5

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Lost City.

We seen it too. Brad Pitt stole the show for me. Too bad he didn’t have a larger role. I’d rate it a bit higher than as a popcorn movie.

Pitt did steal the show. The line where he is asked by Bullock's character about how he became so handsome and he responds "My father was a weatherman" was perfect.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

X

Fantastic throwback/homage to late 1970's horror/slasher movies. Shot in widescreen with "old" footage in square 35mm, this film is a bit more titillating than 70's movies (the plot has 6 people going to a remote farmhouse in Texas to shoot an "artistic" porno movie), and very graphic. There are several scenes that will make your skin crawl. Look for a small twist at the end. I doubt many will have seen the twist coming.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS. Highly recommended you seek this one out.

Country
    Country Flag

X

Fantastic throwback/homage to late 1970's horror/slasher movies. Shot in widescreen with "old" footage in square 35mm, this film is a bit more titillating than 70's movies (the plot has 6 people going to a remote farmhouse in Texas to shoot an "artistic" porno movie), and very graphic. There are several scenes that will make your skin crawl. Look for a small twist at the end. I doubt many will have seen the twist coming.

5/6 beers on the RFSRS. Highly recommended you seek this one out.
    Man. I just watched this remembering your recommendation and holy shit your right. One of my favourite horror/ thriller I’ve seen in years. Amazing movie!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

X ROCKS!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 424 of 441 FirstFirst ... 324 374 414 422 423 424 425 426 434 ... LastLast