Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 411 of 441 FirstFirst ... 311 361 401 409 410 411 412 413 421 ... LastLast
Results 10,251 to 10,275 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I haven't seen Cruella but I got into an argument with someone on Facebook because I said Cruella looks to follow a heroes journey because every villain is the hero of their own story and they took a typical framework for heroes and applied it to Cruella...and apparently that's impossible because she wants to make a coat out of dogs so she's a villain. I tried explaining that characters have their own perceptions of themselves that differs from the reader's perception, but apparently I didn't know what I was talking about.

I recently FINALLY watched Dracula because they dropped an episode of Re:View on it so I figured I may as well watch it and then watch that. If you like Dracula (or hate it) this is a terrific discussion on it that really made me appreciate the filmmaking even more.

FWIW, I collect classic Disney animation Cel's, both pre & post PC animation and other assorted Disney fine collectibles.. FYI, Pre-PC have skyrocketed in value and as a collector I would venture to say that they are trying to use a "Vault type strategy" to increase demand and value for post-PC art which has a rapid and weird swing over the years since, if I recall it was Aladdin that was the first film to not have hand painted individual cels created. So as part of this campaign which btw is aimed at monopologizing a holiday they created a "Sericel Ltd Edition of a group designed for them to market and own "Halloween" like they have for Xmas. The group is the "Villains" and depicts all the female villains and it includes, Cruella, Maleficent and others. I have one of the Ltd SeriCels and a "gorgeous Villains" Chess set". They may also be intending to develop her as a "Mentally Challenged" character that represents their "diversity". In anycase, I suppose in the end it is just them cleverly employing another marketing strategy to a very rich and diverse set of characters Disney owns.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed The Hitman's Wide Bodygaurd.
    Not very funny, a stupid plot, loud noise just for thee sake of being loud. A true dud. 2/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"For a brief moment in, London, for two days in, 1968 it seemed like Rock n Roll would inherit the Earth". So goes a portion of the prologue to a real gem of a film. "The Rolling Stones: Rock n Roll Circus" A true time capsule forthe era it features, The Stones (Check out, Kieth!!!), The WHO, Jethro Tull, John Lennon and the Dirty MAC, Eric Clapton and a few others. Amazing sound/video quality (Considering the time frame) and it'll just bring a big ol' smile to the face of, Classic Rock fans and anyone over 40 or so!!! LOL

My kids were having a "Pre-Father's Day" discussion and it meadered to the cool new, Tina Turner documentary (another film I give 5 out of 6 beers to on the RFMRS) running on HBOMAX to Classic Rock and a spirited "Live" R&R Youtube videos and ended up with us enjoying this real gem of a film!! My kids couldn't believe what, Kieth Richards USED to look like!!! LOL There's are 1 or 2 clunker acts you'll want to FF thru but, when you weigh those against the likes of John Lennon and his "Dirty MAC Band and the other acts that follow and their unique performances, it's just a thoroughly enjoyable trip thru R&R history, the "Free Love/Hippie culture and you'll be swatting away the memories as they gather around you for sure.

In fact, here's a clip for your review.

Spoiler:

I give this film 5.5 out of 6 beers on the RFMRS. It'll make your day and it's an early treat for "Father's Day" tomorrow. BTW, you can rent it from, Amazon Prime for $5.00 I believe it was. Do yourself one favor though, JUMP on the FF button when, Yoko makes an appearance!!! lol lol

Spoiler:
    Fun tidbits: The Stones line-up features the five original members in their prime. Also, IMHO one of the top five "Live" performances of "Sympathy for the Devil" ever reorded to tape and your listening pleasure. Brian Jones and Bill Wyman are very much alive and kicking. So, of course is, John Lennon (going solo from The Beatles and an unattached, Eric Clapton performing with, Kieth and the "Hendrix Experience" bass player. Just a freaking R&R masterpiece.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I rewatched Uncle John. Such a terrific and unique movie. There's really nothing quite like it and how it's put together. The photography and editing are on point.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Has anyone seen RAW? Oh wow… what a trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Our theatres just re-opened. Ahhhhh I’m complete again. First order of business was to see A Quiet Place. It was amazing… my only issue is the ending. I’m sure I’m not alone in my thoughts on that…. Only bad part of the return to the theatre and this film. I did prefer the first one but definitely a worthy follow up.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally watched Tenet last night and was incredibly underwhelmed. The time "inversion" gimmick didn't do much for me and there are some parts of the movie (and the science behind it, whether real or fictionalized) that I'm not even going to pretend to understand. Tenet is definitely a case of Nolan placing science over story and character development (similar to Interstellar, but at least Interstellar had the father-daughter bond). I did enjoy the humor imbued throughout, especially with the Protagonist, and the score, practical effects, and cinematography were all well-done as we've come to expect in Nolan's films. I appreciate and respect that he's turning out completely original ideas but overall Tenet is bottom tier Nolan for me.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Fast 9. So ridiculous and the most stupidest stunts that were so over the top… but it was popcorn fun. Eveyone they get more and more silly. Haha 6/10
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Fast 9. So ridiculous and the most stupidest stunts that were so over the top… but it was popcorn fun. Eveyone they get more and more silly. Haha 6/10
    I agree. Stupid but entertaining. 3.5/6 beers on the RFSRS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I had the absolute pleasure of watching the Quiet Place double feature in theaters. It's truly the best way for the two films to be watched.

My God the first film is an absolute master class in how to build tension.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Fast 9. Agree with Kris and Jerome. Silly, over the top and a good popcorn movie.
    Quiet Place 2, about as good as the first. Great flick.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I had the absolute pleasure of watching the Quiet Place double feature in theaters. It's truly the best way for the two films to be watched.

They are so well done other than the ending of Part 2.

Spoiler:
    It was the SAME ending as part one. They didn't even bother to set up the 3rd movie which was a missed opportunity.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They are so well done other than the ending of Part 2.

Spoiler:
    It was the SAME ending as part one. They didn't even bother to set up the 3rd movie which was a missed opportunity.
    The ending is great!

Spoiler:
    The first film is about parents protecting their children. The ending of the second film signifies the children coming full circle and protecting their parent. Think about, what else are you going to do at the end of that film for a climax? Have them walk back and meet back up with each other? That's not very exciting.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched the Black and Chrome edition of Mad Max: Fury Road again. It's just wonderful. Best action film ever made. Bar none.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Watched the Black and Chrome edition of Mad Max: Fury Road again. It's just wonderful. Best action film ever made. Bar none.
    It’s good yep. But not even in my top 10. But we all have different views on movies as the tourney shows.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just viewed "Tomorrow War" on Amazon. FX and fight scenes were cool. One of the more bad-ass aliens you'll have ever seen in a fight. Story was so-so. I give it a 3 out of 6 beers on the RFMRS.

But, as a suggestion for those who watched that film I clicked on "Clise Encounters of the 5th kind". You have to see it for yourself. It's a hoot!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Man I loved the tomorow war. I thought that was awesome and I’m really mad I couldn’t see it in theaters. Bill was right the aliens are awesome!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Man I loved the tomorow war. I thought that was awesome and I’m really mad I couldn’t see it in theaters. Bill was right the aliens are awesome!

I enjoyed the acting, characters, idea, but so so on the aliens. I liked the movie overall, but...
    spoiler
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post

I enjoyed the acting, characters, idea, but so so on the aliens. I liked the movie overall, but...
    spoiler
    Yeah, it was a little similar. I thought more of "War of the Worlds" with, Cruise personlly.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got back from seeing the best movie of the 1970s, so says us! My family's annual trip to see Jaws at the local dining theater. We got to take my daughter's friend who had never seen it before. Got to wear my Jaws dockers and t-shirt. So much fun. 11 out of 10!

Country
    Country Flag

Prisoners. This is such a well done thriller. 10/10. I don’t know how it could be better… I’ve seen it before but was thinking about a re-watch and super glad I did.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Prisoners. This is such a well done thriller. 10/10. I don’t know how it could be better… I’ve seen it before but was thinking about a re-watch and super glad I did.
    I freaking love that movie. Villeneuve's sci-fi fare gets a lot of praise (and rightfully so of course), but this is an almost perfect thriller.

I saw The Hunt over the weekend. What a weird ass movie lmao. I'm honestly not sure if I liked it or not, I'm still undecided. It was... unique, I'll leave it at that.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I freaking love that movie. Villeneuve's sci-fi fare gets a lot of praise (and rightfully so of course), but this is an almost perfect thriller.

I saw The Hunt over the weekend. What a weird ass movie lmao. I'm honestly not sure if I liked it or not, I'm still undecided. It was... unique, I'll leave it at that.
    There was so much BS surrounding The Hunt and it was all a bunch of garbage. There's nothing wrong with the film and I could argue the film paints liberals in an even worse light. Both sides get skewered. Literally.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

There was so much BS surrounding The Hunt and it was all a bunch of garbage. There's nothing wrong with the film and I could argue the film paints liberals in an even worse light. Both sides get skewered. Literally.
    I was surprised to enjoy this film. Wasn't bad at all and there was more than a few dark laughs.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched Up in the Air again. Talk about a film that subverts expectations brilliantly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 411 of 441 FirstFirst ... 311 361 401 409 410 411 412 413 421 ... LastLast