Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 441 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Michael Rooker - Check out Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer.

Disturbing as all get out, and he's the main reason. Talented doesn't touch how good he is in that.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you have a special edition called Henryortrait of a Serial Killer

Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Gay

No, I don't have the special edition. Honestly, I saw it twice and I still get creeped out sometimes thinking about. That whole sort of weird documentary, insiders look feeling of the movie... it has stayed with me a long time. I'm all set with any future re-watches.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Eagan View Post
    Apocalypto - 9/10

The title makes plenty of sense considering what happens at the end. Gibson did a great job filming it. <...>
    I am glad you liked it, it's one of my favorite movies.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    .......feeling of the movie... it has stayed with me a long time. .....

Miracle Mile did that to me. Absolutely haunted me.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Munshun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    .......feeling of the movie... it has stayed with me a long time. .....

Miracle Mile did that to me. Absolutely haunted me.
    OMG! Miracle Mile with Denise Crosby, Anthony Edwards and Mare Winningham?!? I thought I was the only person on Earth who even saw that movie!

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Classic.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceMaN View Post
    Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Classic.
    which reminds me, it's been almost whole six months since I watched it last time... got to remedy this some time soon

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah Sure Whatever View Post
    ...I just feel like the whole movie was unnecessary...there was just something about Apocolypto that tore a gaping wound in my soul ...
    Respect to your opinion, but, to me, it's movies that don't do that which seem unnecessary.

Country
    Country Flag

... which somewhat sums up what I've been trying to say elsewhere

thank you path

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenant View Post
    Apocalypto - 9/10

The title makes plenty of sense considering what happens at the end. Gibson did a great job filming it. <...>
    After loving Apocalypto I'm almost tempted to watch Passion of the Christ but I still have very little interest. I've heard without having the faith to fuel the emotion of the movie, you're left with feeling bad for Jim Caviezel as he's tortured for two hours and that wears off before the end.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Tenant View Post
    Apocalypto - 9/10

After loving Apocalypto I'm almost tempted to watch Passion of the Christ but I still have very little interest. I've heard without having the faith to fuel the emotion of the movie, you're left with feeling bad for Jim Caviezel as he's tortured for two hours and that wears off before the end.
    I think this is correct. Anyway, Apocalypto is by far the best Gibson movie, although I dearly love Braveheart, too.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Girl Who Played With Fire 7/10

While reading the book, I had a feeling that they would have a hard time bringing the second book to the big screen. I think I was right for the most part. The second book is just so dense and there is so much going on, it's hard to boil that down to a 2 hour film.

That's not to say the film is bad, it just loses a lot of the feel of the second book because of the pruning. Noomi Rapace is once again great as Lisbeth Salander, but I feel Blomkvist's character wasn't given enough to do.

The early reviews for the third film are not very good. I'm starting to think that David Fincher might have an easier time topping the originals than I had initially thought.

If you haven't red the second book, I could see how the film might be more enjoyable to you.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Jackass 3D was....well....Jackass.

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

Demon of the Prim Yeah Sure Whatever is on a distinguished road Yeah Sure Whatever's Avatar

San Francisco De California, Cusco, Peru, Peru
    My Mood
    In Love
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    ...I just feel like the whole movie was unnecessary...there was just something about Apocolypto that tore a gaping wound in my soul ...
    Respect to your opinion, but, to me, it's movies that don't do that which seem unnecessary.
    Absolutely to each their own. I like my movies a little less soul sucking. Life packs enough punches as it is, for me anyway. I like to keep my movies light hearted

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The Girl Who Played With Fire 7/10

While reading the book, I had a feeling that they would have a hard time bringing the second book to the big screen. I think I was right for the most part. The second book is just so dense and there is so much going on, it's hard to boil that down to a 2 hour film.

That's not to say the film is bad, it just loses a lot of the feel of the second book because of the pruning. Noomi Rapace is once again great as Lisbeth Salander, but I feel Blomkvist's character wasn't given enough to do.

The early reviews for the third film are not very good. I'm starting to think that David Fincher might have an easier time topping the originals than I had initially thought.

If you haven't red the second book, I could see how the film might be more enjoyable to you.
    I had no idea it was out already! I can't wait to see it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Apprentice Walkingman79 is on a distinguished road Walkingman79's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I fanally saw Inception the other night(don't know why I waited so long).It was so unbelievably good and walked out of the theatre with my mind spinning.I have been into the concept of
    Spoiler:
    Lucid Dreaming
    for awhile now so this movie was right up my alley.5 stars and I will definately be watching it again soon.
    Suppose that all worlds, all universes, met at a single nexus, a single pylon, a Tower.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Panic Room - 8/10

The Expendables 7/10

This movie was decent. The action scenes were well done and there were some nice dialogue but aside from that the movie was lacking something. I loved Stone Cold in it and he's supposively going to be in the sequel despite
    Spoiler:
    getting shot and catching on fire
    so he's sure to be pissed off. Randy Coutoure and Terry Crews had like no character. Dolph Lundgren was my favourite part of the movie. Somehow Terry Crewes had an AA-12 that fired like hundreds of rounds that blew up a tower from 70 feet away...made no sense. Even with explosive rounds it doesn't make sense for the range it had.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WalkingMan79 View Post
    I fanally saw Inception the other night(don't know why I waited so long).It was so unbelievably good and walked out of the theatre with my mind spinning.I have been into the concept of
    Spoiler:
    Lucid Dreaming
    for awhile now so this movie was right up my alley.5 stars and I will definately be watching it again soon.
    There's an Inception thread in the gem theater if you're interested in discussing the film further.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

...Life packs enough punches as it is, for me anyway. ...
    Oh, my life is certainly not easy. I guess that we just differ in our coping strategies. I don't need movies that are mere distractions.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Panic Room - 8/10

The Expendables 7/10

This movie was decent. The action scenes were well done and there were some nice dialogue but aside from that the movie was lacking something. I loved Stone Cold in it and he's supposively going to be in the sequel despite
    Spoiler:
    getting shot and catching on fire
    so he's sure to be pissed off. Randy Coutoure and Terry Crews had like no character. Dolph Lundgren was my favourite part of the movie. Somehow Terry Crewes had an AA-12 that fired like hundreds of rounds that blew up a tower from 70 feet away...made no sense. Even with explosive rounds it doesn't make sense for the range it had.
    Don't judge the AA-12 from what you see in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. What you may or may not know is that in that game the gun has no range at all.

In reality the weapon is far more powerful with amazing range. The game dumbed it down. If they made it as beastly as it is in real life, everybody would just run around with the AA-12 and nothing else.

It actually has an effective range of 100 meters, which is about 328 feet. That's equal to the length of a football field. Pretty crazy, right?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Cove 10/10

If you see just one documentary the rest of the year, make it The Cove. It's a truly amazing film. I'm not embarrassed to say that I teared up numerous times during this film.

I really don't know what else to say. That film really has me flustered.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Thing 9/10

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The Cove 10/10

If you see just one documentary the rest of the year, make it The Cove. It's a truly amazing film. I'm not embarrassed to say that I teared up numerous times during this film.

I really don't know what else to say. That film really has me flustered.
    SS - I started a documentaries thread ... can you go over there and give some more details? I've heard so much about this movie.

Guardian of the Beam alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto is a jewel in the rough alkanto's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

V For Vendetta - 8/10

This was actually my first time seeing this, though it's been on my list for quite a while.
    It was pretty good. I'm not sure it lived up to the hype some of my friend's gave it though.
    I guess I was under the impression is was more of an action movie, but it still was able to hold my interest fairly well, especially since I watched it at 2 a.m - something I don't usually do!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 441 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast