Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 404 of 441 FirstFirst ... 304 354 394 402 403 404 405 406 414 ... LastLast
Results 10,076 to 10,100 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Pieces of a Woman

Pieces of a Woman tells the story of Martha, played wonderfully by Vanessa Kirby (The Crown, Mission Impossible: Fallout) and her partner, played by Shia LaBeouf, as a young couple who have chosen to have a home birth. When the home birth turns to tragedy, the couple must deal with the impact it has on their relationship.

The film features one of the more excruciating opening sequences I've ever seen in a film. The labor is such a realistic depiction of childbirth that I actually felt like I was intruding. What enhances the scene even more is the fact that it's shot in one take.

As you can tell from the subject matter, Pieces of a Woman is not an easy watch, but it's one of the best films of the year. The film is a powerful look at how tragedy can cause a relationship to spiral out of control.

Vanessa Kirby is the real star here and gives one of the best performances of the year. Her portrayal of a woman coming to terms with the death of her child is truly heart-breaking.

Pieces of a Woman is one of the best films of 2020, but be warned, it's a very difficult watch.
    Where can you see this?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Pieces of a Woman

Pieces of a Woman tells the story of Martha, played wonderfully by Vanessa Kirby (The Crown, Mission Impossible: Fallout) and her partner, played by Shia LaBeouf, as a young couple who have chosen to have a home birth. When the home birth turns to tragedy, the couple must deal with the impact it has on their relationship.

The film features one of the more excruciating opening sequences I've ever seen in a film. The labor is such a realistic depiction of childbirth that I actually felt like I was intruding. What enhances the scene even more is the fact that it's shot in one take.

As you can tell from the subject matter, Pieces of a Woman is not an easy watch, but it's one of the best films of the year. The film is a powerful look at how tragedy can cause a relationship to spiral out of control.

Vanessa Kirby is the real star here and gives one of the best performances of the year. Her portrayal of a woman coming to terms with the death of her child is truly heart-breaking.

Pieces of a Woman is one of the best films of 2020, but be warned, it's a very difficult watch.
    Where can you see this?
    Netflix. I have to remember to incorporate that into reviews. It's helpful.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool. I'll try to watch that today, sounds promising.

Also Vanessa Kirby is fine as hell.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pieces of a Woman

Where can you see this?
    Netflix. I have to remember to incorporate that into reviews. It's helpful.
    Powerful. And I’ll tell ya this... Shia was very smart to transition from bjg budget to Indie films. He is really impressive I think. This and the last two he did (Honey and Falcon) have really shown he can act. This is a sad movie... but it’s very well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

He's such a great actor. I loved him in Peanut Butter Falcon. Unfortunately, I think he's a scumbag in real life. There are recent allegations of abuse that really bums me out.

Country
    Country Flag

He's such a great actor. I loved him in Peanut Butter Falcon. Unfortunately, I think he's a scumbag in real life. There are recent allegations of abuse that really bums me out.
    oh really?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

oh really?
    Yeah, unfortunately, there are some recent allegations of abuse with a former girlfriend. Netflix removed his name from the "For Your Consideration".

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, can't believe I'm saying this, but I just happened to click onto "Snow White and The Huntsman" with, Kristen Stewart, Charlize Theron and Thor. Gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised!!! Kristen Stewart, isn't much of an actor IMHO, but the plot was good and an interesting take on the Disney version for sure. Thor was well, Thor. However that was a good thing and Charlize almost always satisfies (Growl lol). I enjoyed it and I believe you would as well. I give it a strong 4.5 out of 6 beers on the RFRS.

Monster Is running on the pay channels. I didn't recognize the actors, but this was a pretty good monster feature a little reminisent of the feel in "TGWLTG" and "Geralds Game", but with an actual, Monster who's properly nasty looking with HUGE teeth and claws. Centers around a, Mother & Daughter who break down on a rarely used, wooded highway. Rescuers come, but suffer a grim fate. Nicely tense and the Mother/Daughter characters actually use their heads a bit. I give it a solid 4 out of 6 beers on the RFRS

Also, in light of our tournament, I have also viewed, The Godfather, Jaws and Two Mules for Sister Sara (One of Clint's better westerns, but grossly under estimated). I'm gonna continue to view as many as I can as we go. I think next will be, The Return of The Pink Panther and Blazing Saddles. I saw Young Frankenstein, Jaws and High Plains Drifter a month or so ago when one of the pay channels was featuring them. I don't think we need to bring the RFRS into these films dow we? lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So I saw Tenet last night, thanks to Ricky I think I was expecting something a bit more from it based on people's reviews. Something along the lines of Inception, or even a beefed up version of his earlier films like Memento or Following. I liked the premise, but I don't know it seemed like it was lacking something, not sure what that was though. I also agree with others about the sound, that really annoyed me. I finally turned on the subtitles partway through so that I didn't have to have the tv blasting. And I did find it fascinating how they choreographed some of those fight or chase scenes.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So I saw Tenet last night, thanks to Ricky I think I was expecting something a bit more from it based on people's reviews. Something along the lines of Inception, or even a beefed up version of his earlier films like Memento or Following. I liked the premise, but I don't know it seemed like it was lacking something, not sure what that was though. I also agree with others about the sound, that really annoyed me. I finally turned on the subtitles partway through so that I didn't have to have the tv blasting. And I did find it fascinating how they choreographed some of those fight or chase scenes.
    Yeah, me too. In retrospect it was good, but it was no "Inception" or "Dark Knight". It wasn't even as good as "Interstellar". I gotta admit that the premise, while very interesting, was a little in-plausible IMHO.

I just watched "Synchronic" and was very disappointed. The trailer made it look like a great Sci-Fi flick dealing with time travel, which I generally dig. However, it let me down in several ways. First, the premise. Second, what they delivered in a plot inspired by that premise and the way it ended. It wasn't the worst SF film I've ever seen. It was extremely mediocre. Anthony Mackie was billed as giving the performance of a lifetime. He was good, but he's done much better as "Falcon" in the MCU IMHO.

I gave this film a 2.0 out of 6.0 beers on the Randall Flagg Rating System (RFRS). It's $5.99 I'll never see again!!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeap. It shines in moments but it is by no means a complete film. Still, middle of the pack Nolan is still better than a lot of other films out there.

And as I've mentioned before, recognition must go his way for attempting to always give us something original.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    And as I've mentioned before, recognition must go his way for attempting to always give us something original.
    Yes, he's always good at that. And that's hard to come by these days.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeap. It shines in moments but it is by no means a complete film. Still, middle of the pack Nolan is still better than a lot of other films out there.

I thought it was pretty darn good and enjoyed it even more the second time. The narrative for that film is shockingly tight.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was pretty darn good and enjoyed it even more the second time. The narrative for that film is shockingly tight.
    You guys are right, of course. Any, Nolan beats the crap out of most of the other stuff we are seeing these days. You guys may want to check out the trailer video's I posted in the "General Movie Discussion" thread. By the look of it there are some good and great films to look forward to listed in the two Vids. Venom II, Top Gun II, Dune, Shadow in the Clouds, Morbius, Black Widow and a cool looking Monster movie I for get the name of at the moment with the Resident Evil Lady, Milla Jovovich(?) as well as a host of others. It appears that even, Adam Sandler may be making a "Happy Gilmore" caliber flick called "Hugo Halloween".
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to be shot before watching Hugo Halloween again.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

@Bill there is definitely some great blockbuster fare coming out this year, and I'm here for all of it!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    I want to be shot before watching Hugo Halloween again.
    I think it's Hubie, but I agree. It was painful to watch.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hubie Halloween was not great. Great cast, but not great movie.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Sundance films so far:

One For the Road - 4/5

A really beautiful film about friendship and loss. The film might be a tad overstuffed and the narrative changes halfway through, but it's a really well-made film in the same mold as a Wong Kar-wai film, who is one of the producers.

How It Ends - 3/5

A light and fun romp through the Hollywood hills. The film has almost no plot, but it holds your interest by constantly introducing a series of quirky characters. The main character, played by Zoe Lister-Jones, who also co-directed the film, is being followed around by her metaphysical younger self. The film was shot on location during the pandemic.

On the Count of Three - 3.5/5

This one is a black comedy that feels sort of like a Safdie Brothers film. It's directed by comedian Jerrod Carmichael, who makes his directorial debut and also stars in the film. For me, Christopher Abbott is the real standout here. I'm not sure why he hasn't become a household name yet.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have you checked out In the Earth?

https://variety.com/2021/film/review...ey-1234895908/

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

We enjoyed THE DIG, new on Netflix. Based on a true story, with Carey Mulligan, Lily James and Ralph Fiennes.

Country
    Country Flag

Wonder Woman..... . I’m so bummed. I loved the first one and the first 40 mins of this one. But it was a huge drop off from the first.... damm. I had high hopes and was so pumped for a Patty Jenkins STAR wars movie! Little hesitant now

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    One small issue. I think Ben Wheatley is one of the worst contemporary directors out there right now. I'm not saying I won't see it, but I had to pass for Sundance.

Unfortunately, I had a midnight showing of Knocking last night that I fell asleep for before I could start it and I ended up losing it, which sucks.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sundance Update:

Strawberry Mansion - 2.5/5

I really love the premise of this one. In the future, our dreams are taxed. If you don't pay your dream tax, you are visited by an auditor. In this case, the main character visits an elderly woman who hasn't switched over to the new technology. Her dreams are still being recorded on VHS tapes. The auditor is tasked with watching all her tapes. In doing so, he falls in love with her younger self that he sees in her dreams.

Most people are going to either love or hate his one, for me, I'm kind of in the middle. The first two-thirds of the film are really good. The atmosphere and aesthetic that is created are really unique. Unfortunately, the last third of the film takes place almost exclusively in the dream state. That section is a little too cheesy and abstract for my liking. Regardless, I applaud the filmmakers for doing something different.

Eight For Silver - 3/5

I could see this one amassing a nice following. Eight For Silver is a gothic horror film with a different twist on a werewolf film. The first half of the film did a magnificent job of world-building and fleshing out the lore, but the second half lingers a little too much. I would have liked to see a bit more innovation when it came to the creatures and their attack on the humans. It was a little too basic: run, hide, shoot. Rinse and repeat.

For fans of genre mashups, this one might be a real treat.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow.
    Palmer is so heart warming. JT can act. Loved this film. 8.5/10

Little Things.... I love Denzil. But Leto stole the show. He was unreal but the move? Better than I expected after reading the reviews. The ending was a bit flat. BUT the whole time leading up to it? Amazing. 7/10

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 404 of 441 FirstFirst ... 304 354 394 402 403 404 405 406 414 ... LastLast