Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 388 of 441 FirstFirst ... 288 338 378 386 387 388 389 390 398 438 ... LastLast
Results 9,676 to 9,700 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Me too boss. The drive to my local theater, the comfy recliner seats, the smell of popcorn, people gasping and shouting in excitement. Freaking coronoavirus.
    Mmmmm... movie popcorn 🍿. Yessssss
    I'll share mine....

There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by M_O_O_N View Post
    Me too boss. The drive to my local theater, the comfy recliner seats, the smell of popcorn, people gasping and shouting in excitement. Freaking coronoavirus.
    Mmmmm... movie popcorn . Yessssss
    I'll share mine....

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the thing. I will never take it for granted again. Of course, I always enjoyed going to the movies, but it's something that was always there. I have a whole new understanding of truly appreciating something and it extends beyond just the movies.

That said, there were times where I was about to go out to the movies and I would be like, eh I will catch it next time. Never again. Never. Again. I will now go every time I get the chance.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Until the theater closed in March, I never realized just how many Saturdays and summer afternoons I spent at the movies. It's kind of bumming me out. It's like someone said, "Hey, remember that place you love to go? Well, no more!"
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Here's the thing. I will never take it for granted again. Of course, I always enjoyed going to the movies, but it's something that was always there. I have a whole new understanding of truly appreciating something and it extends beyond just the movies.

That said, there were times where I was about to go out to the movies and I would be like, eh I will catch it next time. Never again. Never. Again. I will now go every time I get the chance.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I just bought the family a projector and a 200 inch screen. I miss the movies so much!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    I just bought the family a projector and a 200 inch screen. I miss the movies so much!
    Meh, I could have double that and it still wouldn't be the same as going to the movies. There's something about going to a place. In a theater, I'm a captive audience. You can't tell me when you're watching a movie at home you aren't distracted by the family, the phone, the dog and a ton of other things. In a dark theater for two hours, the world turns off. That's a lot harder to do at home, no matter how big your screen is. Also, no way you're getting that movie popcorn taste at home.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Meh, I could have double that and it still wouldn't be the same as going to the movies. There's something about going to a place. In a theater, I'm a captive audience. You can't tell me when you're watching a movie at home you aren't distracted by the family, the phone, the dog and a ton of other things. In a dark theater for two hours, the world turns off. That's a lot harder to do at home, no matter how big your screen is. Also, no way you're getting that movie popcorn taste at home.
    All true, but I gotta do something.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Movie popcorn is the best.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Movie popcorn is the best.
    BIG TIME. I eat an extra large every time I go and am sick when I leave. haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

There's something about going to a place. In a theater, I'm a captive audience. You can't tell me when you're watching a movie at home you aren't distracted by the family, the phone, the dog and a ton of other things. In a dark theater for two hours, the world turns off.
    Going to a place is my only chance to get family members to shut the hell up while we watch a movie.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    There's something about going to a place. In a theater, I'm a captive audience. You can't tell me when you're watching a movie at home you aren't distracted by the family, the phone, the dog and a ton of other things. In a dark theater for two hours, the world turns off.
    Going to a place is my only chance to get family members to shut the hell up while we watch a movie.
    Well said but slightly different for me. I have a phone disorder... ALWAYS checking it, in my hand, etc. It is the only time i will not bring it out. I get fully engrossed in the film. I totally get lost in the experience... it means so much to me. At home I could watch the best movie ever but I disconnect from it time to time. I never do in the theatre. Servant said it best up thread... I WILL NEVER TAKE IT FOR GRANTED AGAIN.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's something about going to a place. In a theater, I'm a captive audience. You can't tell me when you're watching a movie at home you aren't distracted by the family, the phone, the dog and a ton of other things. In a dark theater for two hours, the world turns off. That's a lot harder to do at home, no matter how big your screen is.
    All of this.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I bring my own salt shaker.

Country
    Country Flag

I bring my own salt shaker.
    Now.. I have to be honest. I have tried all the big chains in the US and BY FAR the best I have had is Cineplex. Do you have those there? They have free packs of flavour.. SO GOOD. I always get Salt and Vinegar. My wife is Dill Pickle and white cheddar. haha Oh man, I would die for a bag right now.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

OK, are you ready for your minds to be blown?

One afternoon I was at the theater and I happened to buy a bag of popcorn. I was at the butter station and a guy turns to me and says, "Do you like butter in the middle of the bag?" Naturally, I said yes. "Want to know a trick?" he said. He tells me to unwrap a straw and stick it halfway in the bag of popcorn, line up the butter nozzle with the straw's opening, and start pumping the butter. BOOM! Butter in ALL the layers, not just the top. My mind was blown.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I echo many of the things said above, with a few exceptions. I never eat food or snacks in the theater. I do however bring a couple beers in (IPA's). Of course I silence my phone. I also try to catch the earliest show possible. I love the fact that there are almost zero distractions at ~10AM showings. The only drawback to early shows is that there is no infectious (whoa, CV-19) laughing at comedies.
    In the past I went to ~50-70 movies a year at an actual theater. I will never take it for granted, and aim to see as many movies in the next 12 months (if there is anything to be seen, particularly the rest of this year) as possible.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

One afternoon I was at the theater and I happened to buy a bag of popcorn. I was at the butter station and a guy turns to me and says, "Do you like butter in the middle of the bag?" Naturally, I said yes. "Want to know a trick?" he said. He tells me to unwrap a straw and stick it halfway in the bag of popcorn, line up the butter nozzle with the straw's opening, and start pumping the butter. BOOM! Butter in ALL the layers, not just the top. My mind was blown.
    Seen this done SO MANY TIMES. That is not... however... butter. Look it up. It doesn't even chemically resemble it. I would NEVER put that on my shit. lol Here at Cineplex you can use that OR you can buy real melted butter behind that counter. I don't get either as I find it makes the popcorn wet like.. haha

Your story reminds me of this bigger guy (really big). Came in and got two X-L popcorns. He goes over to the counter and proceeds to bring out a HUGE stainless steel bowl from used his jacket. Now.. his buddy has in the meantime been filling empty coffee cups with the plastic sauce. He takes a FULL CUP and dumps it over the popcorn in the bowl. He then adds the second XL bag and I kid you not holds it under that dispenser for a good 5 mins. He must have had 15000 calories in that. THEN... he takes a salt shaker out another pocket and puts about half the shaker on the whole thing. Then walks on with his massive bowl into the theater!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I echo many of the things said above, with a few exceptions. I never eat food or snacks in the theater. I do however bring a couple beers in (IPA's). Of course I silence my phone. I also try to catch the earliest show possible. I love the fact that there are almost zero distractions at ~10AM showings. The only drawback to early shows is that there is no infectious (whoa, CV-19) laughing at comedies.
    In the past I went to ~50-70 movies a year at an actual theater. I will never take it for granted, and aim to see as many movies in the next 12 months (if there is anything to be seen, particularly the rest of this year) as possible.
    Yes. You are def a movie guy. You must miss them too man.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Seen this done SO MANY TIMES. That is not... however... butter. Look it up. It doesn't even chemically resemble it. I would NEVER put that on my shit. lol Here at Cineplex you can use that OR you can buy real melted butter behind that counter. I don't get either as I find it makes the popcorn wet like.. haha

Your story reminds me of this bigger guy (really big). Came in and got two X-L popcorns. He goes over to the counter and proceeds to bring out a HUGE stainless steel bowl from used his jacket. Now.. his buddy has in the meantime been filling empty coffee cups with the plastic sauce. He takes a FULL CUP and dumps it over the popcorn in the bowl. He then adds the second XL bag and I kid you not holds it under that dispenser for a good 5 mins. He must have had 15000 calories in that. THEN... he takes a salt shaker out another pocket and puts about half the shaker on the whole thing. Then walks on with his massive bowl into the theater!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Don't ruin the butter facade for me!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Don't ruin the butter facade for me!
    Hahahahaha sorry!!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've actually done this! My local theater layers it for me. For a while, they had salt packs shaped like long straws to evenly distribute the salt.

Also, has anyone ever just gone into a movie theater and just bought popcorn and walked out? I've done this a number of times.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats weird.
    Like walking into a massage parlor and ordering a condom to go.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Burning

Might be too mosaic like and slow burner (heh) for some, but those who stick with it will find their patience rewarded with a deeply metaphorical tale of yearning, the perils of class division, and a good ole fashioned mystery. 5/5

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I've actually done this! My local theater layers it for me. For a while, they had salt packs shaped like long straws to evenly distribute the salt.

Also, has anyone ever just gone into a movie theater and just bought popcorn and walked out? I've done this a number of times.
    I used to work at a mall when I was in HS (mid 90s) and there were 2 theaters in the mall. My manager kept an empty popcorn tub in his office and every couple of days he would walk down to the movie theater, get it re-filled for free and bring it back to the store and share it with us employees.

These days you can't even get into the theater and to the snack counter without buying a movie ticket first.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 388 of 441 FirstFirst ... 288 338 378 386 387 388 389 390 398 438 ... LastLast