Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 379 of 441 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 377 378 379 380 381 389 429 ... LastLast
Results 9,451 to 9,475 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2021 will be arguably my most anticipated year of film. EVER.

https://collider.com/upcoming-movies...dates/#october
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Well, yeah, because everything that was supposed to come out in 2020 will now be joining the 2021 films!
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Well, yeah, because everything that was supposed to come out in 2020 will now be joining the 2021 films!
    Only a couple thus far. I was pumped before (not at all for 2020) but I noticed this list and remembered how pumped I should be! Haha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ghost Story - 5/5
    Jojo Rabbit - 5/5
    The Art of Self Defense - 4/5

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

One big assumption here is that the 2021 films were even completed.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nosferatu the Vampyre (1979)

Werner Herzog directs Klaus Kinski as the titular creature of the night. It's got the characters of "Dracula" (incl. Jonathan Harker, Mina, Renfield, Lucy, and Van Helsing). And of course Count Dracula himself. But this is not Bela Legosi's Count, this is a reimagining of Max Schreck's Count Orlock. But, totally against type, Kinski plays his Dracula as a mopey, perpetually sad vampyre. I kept waiting for him to bust it out, but he never really did. (The film was rated PG fercryinoutloud). Very atmospheric, however. Afterwards, I just had to go watch Coppola's 1994 version, which has everything a good Dracula movie should.

Oh, and it has the most annoying Renfield in the history of film.

2.5 stars

Fitzcarraldo (1982)

Hoo boy, where to start? Werner Herzog, again directing Klaus Kinski. Yes, this is that movie. The one with the huge actual ship in the Amazon rain forest. I watched the movie; watched it again with the commentary; read various articles about the making of the movie (as well as the real-life "Fitzgerald" would-be rubber baron on which this film is based), which led to reading up on the anger-challenged Kinski and how the director and other cast tried to handle him. Usually, it involved threatening to kill him. Literally. It seems that the number of movies where someone threatened to kill Kinski was more than those where they didn't.

For example, at one point during the jungle shoot of Fitzcarraldo, one of the indigenous extras came up to Herzog and offered to kill Kinski for him. Not "threatened" to kill him, but offered to kill him, as a favor to the director, the cast, the crew, and possibly for the rest of humanity. Herzog thought it over long and hard (he himself had pointed a gun at Kinski during Aguirre and was all geared up to shoot the raging psychopath if he stormed off the set one more time), and decided against it. Herzog had already had to reshoot half of Fitzcarraldo when the original actor (Jason Robards) got dysentery and had to quit the picture. And Herzog was damned intent on getting that ship over the jungle mountain. And he did. And only 3 people (if I recall) died during filming; not including the one crew member who was logging trees when he got bit by a very deadly snake. So he decided that rather than die right there in the jungle, he'd take his handy dandy chain saw and saw off his own foot. Well, he lived.

I really need to read/watch some of the documentaries and autobiographical works about Herzog and Kinski. This stuff is fascinating.

I guess I haven't actually discussed the movie itself. Well, my rating is 4.5 stars, mainly for the sheer audacity and spectacle. No other director would have done this. No other director could have done this.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Seven Psychopaths - 4/5
    The Ritual - 4/5
    The Death of Stalin - 5/5
    Super Dark Times - 3/5

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I recently saw How To Lose Friends & Alienate People. I checked it out because it has Simon Pegg, but this is much more rom-com territory, which is not my thing (although I can probably think of 5 or 6 rom-coms that I've enjoyed, so maybe I should be honest with myself).

Anyway, because of that, it wasn't as enjoyable as I'd have liked (and my dislike for Megan Fox didn't help), but it was good enough often enough, I suppose.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    The Death Of Stalin was indeed a great goddamn film.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Have I mentioned that I recently saw It Chapter 2?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I'm in love with the dialog in that film. You just have to revel in the absurdist aspect of everything in it, a satirical take on some very real, very serious shit that happened.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in love with the dialog in that film. You just have to revel in the absurdist aspect of everything in it, a satirical take on some very real, very serious shit that happened.
    Agreed. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Yes, perfect. So much harder to put together than the average historical fiction comedy! And the cast killed (great that the material lived up to the cast; that's one of the problems I anticipate when a cast seems top-heavy, but no such issue here).

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thought you would slip one by me, huh? No way!!! You've gotta see someone about these strange desires you have for, Tim Curry in clown make-up!! "Kiss me, fat boy" is not and will never be the basis for a lasting relationship!!!

The Gentlemen

I am not the in depth reviewer others here are, but I know what I like and I enjoyed the crap out of this film. Guy Ritchie, doing what he does. He entertains us with quick witted, fast paced story telling of a criminal nature. A little heavy on the Brittish colloquialisms, which can be a little daunting, but otherwise a fun ride through the criminal enterprises across the pond!!!

5 of 6 beers
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Thought you would slip one by me, huh? No way!!! You've gotta see someone about these strange desires you have for, Tim Curry in clown make-up!! "Kiss me, fat boy" is not and will never be the basis for a lasting relationship!!!
    Hey, he also has a hell of a sense of humor.

The Gentlemen

I am not the in depth reviewer others here are, but I know what I like and I enjoyed the crap out of this film.
    That's my type of review right there.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, he also has a hell of a sense of humor.

The Gentlemen

I am not the in depth reviewer others here are, but I know what I like and I enjoyed the crap out of this film.
    That's my type of review right there.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2020 hasn't gone as planned from a moviegoing standpoint, but The Gentlemen was by far my favorite theater experience of 2020. It deserved better than to be buried in January.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I won't offer a review of this film, but TRUST ME this is a no doubt MUST SEE:

The Last Full Measure

Cast Includes:

Samuel L. Jackson
    Ed Harris
    Christopher Plummer
    William Hurt
    John Heard

i confess to never having heard a word about this film. Neither a trailer or online, nothing. DTV doesn't list it as a straight to video or VOD, but it's a gem available for rental and perfect for 2 hours time well spent during the quarantine. If you enjoyed "Hacksaw Ridge", see this!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I put THE LAST FULL MEASURE and THE GENTLEMEN on my Netflix list, thanks Bill.
    I recently watched PARASITE, 9 out of 10, much better than what I was expecting, and THE LIGHTHOUSE, 5 out of 10, much worse than what I was expecting, and BETWEEN WORLDS, 3 out of 10, can't win 'em all, Mister Cage!, STAN & OLLIE, 5 out of 10, interesting but I never found the original duo funny either, BLACK KLANSMAN, 7 out of 10, I liked it but was turned cold by the inevitable Trump bashing at the end which was one sided and skewered.
    I just got PRIMAL in the mail today, along with my $1200 check!

The last movies I saw at the theater before they closed were THE INVISIBLE MAN, 8 out of 10, nice new version, CALL OF THE WILD, 5 out of 10, for the kiddies, BIRDS OF PREY, 3 out of 10, didn't care for it at all, 1917, 7 out of 10, nice special effects, and that's far enough back!
    Well, thank you as well. Picked a few of the better rated films out of your post as well!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I won't offer a review of this film, but TRUST ME this is a no doubt MUST SEE:

The Last Full Measure

Cast Includes:

Samuel L. Jackson
    Ed Harris
    Christopher Plummer
    William Hurt
    John Heard

i confess to never having heard a word about this film. Neither a trailer or online, nothing. DTV doesn't list it as a straight to video or VOD, but it's a gem available for rental and perfect for 2 hours time well spent during the quarantine. If you enjoyed "Hacksaw Ridge", see this!!!!
    Saw it pre cv19 in a theater.
    Excellent movie.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember seeing a trailer for The Last Full Measure shortly before it was released, but I don't know if it ever got released around me. Maybe it came and went without me noticing.

I will throw another film out there that just got released. Hugh Jackman in Bad Education. I was pleasantly surprised. Maybe I'm just starved for something new, but I really enjoyed it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Added BAD EDUCATION to my Netflix list.
    I would not recommend PRIMAL. It's just too stupid and predictable.
    Bad Education, takes place in my old stomping grounds. I lived on Long Island. My Telecom firm had the Roslyn Hotel as a client. Very quaint and swanky joint. lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched a couple films last night
    • Sorry to Bother You - 4/5
    • Triangle - 4.5/5

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched a couple films last night
    • Sorry to Bother You - 4/5
    • Triangle - 4.5/5
    Sorry to Bother You is such a unique mind fuck. More people need to check that one out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 379 of 441 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 377 378 379 380 381 389 429 ... LastLast