Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 378 of 441 FirstFirst ... 278 328 368 376 377 378 379 380 388 428 ... LastLast
Results 9,426 to 9,450 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good Time. Man, Robert Patterson is a good actor. I think he will kill it as the Batman. This was a solid 8/10 flick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

WOWOWOW. I did notice some of these and the actor from Upgrade.. BUT check this out for any fans of both of these movies...

https://collider.com/the-invisible-man-easter-eggs/
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Good Time. Man, Robert Patterson is a good actor. I think he will kill it as the Batman. This was a solid 8/10 flick.

Pattison was great in that. That's the kinda stuff people should be judging him on prior to Batman, not Twilight.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

Pattison was great in that. That's the kinda stuff people should be judging him on prior to Batman, not Twilight.
    100%. He was SO GOOD. I am a huge fan.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed The Invisible Man quite a bit. I give it a 4/5, but I was just starting to get sick while seeing it that morning so it's possible that mitigated the film somewhat. I missed about five minutes or more around the job interview with a trip to the bathroom, and a bit later on as well.

Spoiler:
    I quite liked the hospital sequence a lot. It was really skillfully handled. It was done in away that allowed it to be creepy and intense without getting over-the-top and contrasting with how low key the rest of the film is. I think that burst of energy quite helped the film overall and did a good job of setting up the horror of climax at the guy's house with his daughter by showing it's not just a guy who is invisible, but someone who can use that invisibility to fuck people up. And I enjoyed the low key finale, which was allowed to function because of the hospital sequence being handled how it was. I like when a film can still find a way to give us some thrills and some action yet allow the climax of the film to be a story coming to a nice conclusion rather than a bunch of shit thrown at the screen.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I recently saw Godzilla: King of The Monsters.

I always watch this type of movie because I like seeing huge things blow up, and I often (but not always) like monster movies, so I do get something out of them...yet I don't really like them too much, as the stories usually strike me as dumb (GKOTM and the Pacific Rim movies did) and the good cast usually goes to waste (in this one, they really rammed the cast full of people deserving better material; when David Strathairn popped up, I gave up - but then, it's always good to see Sally Hawkins, isn't it?).

Still, it would be silly of me to criticize these movies; they deliver what they promise, and they're good at what they do.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

I will add that people should check him out in two very underrated films: The Rover and The Lost City of Z. He's unrecognizable in The Lost City of Z.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Hunt:
    Violent, bound to offend conservatives and liberals alike, this black comedy has something for everyone.
    5/6 beers on the RFSRS

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally got to see Crawl. Tense, fun and in the upper echelon of 2019 movies for me.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Begin Again with the family tonight. So impressed with this indy gem - a big small film. Nothing cliche about it. The whole cast (Ruffalo, Knightly, Levine, Steinfeld, Cordon, Green, and Def) is superb. Plays like a tribute to the writer/director's equally small film Once. Great stuff. 9/10.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Finally got to see Crawl. Tense, fun and in the upper echelon of 2019 movies for me.
    Blegghhh! Rose and I couldn't wait for the girl or the dog to die. Lol

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I watched 3 movies that were new to me over the weekend.

Halloween
    This was the newest one by John Carpenter which is supposed to be a direct sequel to the original and completely ignores all the other sequels.
    Spoiler:
    It mostly played out like all the other sequels but took out the fact that Laurie was Michael's sister and of course Dr. Loomis was long dead. Set on Halloween night, Michael escapes from a mental hospital that he'd been locked in for 40 years, kills a bunch of random people (including one babysitter of course) on his way to Laurie. She ends up killing him, the end. Really added nothing to the overall story of Michael Myers. I still like the Rob Zombie reboot better.

Overall I'd give it a 2.5/5.

Cars 3
    Spoiler:
    I had heard some things about this movie so I wasn't really surprised with the big "twist" ending. I liked the original movie but hated the 2nd one. It was good to see them sort of go back to their roots. Kinda followed along the Rocky/Creed story-line where the student becomes the teacher.

Give it a 4/5.

Replicas
    Spoiler:
    I really only half paid attention to this movie. Mostly had it on as background noise. The special effects seemed pretty low-budget for a newer movie. Also some of the lines delivered by Keanu Reeves were really stiff and awkward. Found that odd since he's a pretty good actor.

Found a review that spells it out pretty well:

Equal parts plot holes and unintentional laughs, Replicas is a ponderously lame sci-fi outing that isn't even bad enough to be so bad it's good.

Give it a 1.5/5
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Some of the best films I've seen so far this year

The Gentlemen
    A Ghost Story
    Parasite
    The Invisible Man
    Amadeus Director's Cut

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    I watched 3 movies that were new to me over the weekend.

Halloween
    This was the newest one by John Carpenter which is supposed to be a direct sequel to the original and completely ignores all the other sequels.
    Spoiler:
    It mostly played out like all the other sequels but took out the fact that Laurie was Michael's sister and of course Dr. Loomis was long dead. Set on Halloween night, Michael escapes from a mental hospital that he'd been locked in for 40 years, kills a bunch of random people (including one babysitter of course) on his way to Laurie. She ends up killing him, the end. Really added nothing to the overall story of Michael Myers. I still like the Rob Zombie reboot better.

Overall I'd give it a 2.5/5.

Cars 3
    Spoiler:
    I had heard some things about this movie so I wasn't really surprised with the big "twist" ending. I liked the original movie but hated the 2nd one. It was good to see them sort of go back to their roots. Kinda followed along the Rocky/Creed story-line where the student becomes the teacher.

Give it a 4/5.

Replicas
    Spoiler:
    I really only half paid attention to this movie. Mostly had it on as background noise. The special effects seemed pretty low-budget for a newer movie. Also some of the lines delivered by Keanu Reeves were really stiff and awkward. Found that odd since he's a pretty good actor.

Found a review that spells it out pretty well:

Equal parts plot holes and unintentional laughs, Replicas is a ponderously lame sci-fi outing that isn't even bad enough to be so bad it's good.

Give it a 1.5/5
    1. You watched Halloween outside of the Halloween season? Such a rebel.

2. I loved the new one Halloween, but can see where you're coming from about some of the similar stuff. Halloween Kills is coming out later this year so now you're all caught up.

3. Replicas was pretty lame, but I ended up enjoying it because it was such an easy, mindless watch.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Citizen of Gilead Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag is a name known to all Aremag's Avatar

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aremag View Post
    Blegghhh! Rose and I couldn't wait for the girl or the dog to die. Lol
    Oh at the end I was hoping a gator was going to get her.

Traveler forevershellfish will become famous soon enough

Avengers: Endgame 9/10

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

The Hunt - Fun exciting and unpredictable. Tarantino ish. 5/6
    Good Will Hunting - Final watched and enjoyed it. 5\6
    Maybe I will watch ET and the Indiana Jones movies (not a Harrison Ford fan, except Star Wars)
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The Hunt:
    Violent, bound to offend conservatives and liberals alike, this black comedy has something for everyone.
    5/6 beers on the RFSRS
    It real does. I was surprised how much I enjoyed this.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The Hunt:
    5/6 beers on the RFSRS
    It real does. I was surprised how much I enjoyed this.
    It was good but I had it built up more and ultimately was let down. 6.5/10 for me

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Default Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

The Platform... on Netflix is one damm good horror movie. It’s insane. 8.5/10

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Platform... on Netflix is one fall good horror movie. It’s insane. 8.5/10

I'm hearing good things about this one. I'm intrigued.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's next on my list...once I watch all my TV shows for the week.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Watched The Lighthouse last night. Really enjoyed it. The cinematography in it was amazing. I listened to a little bit of the commentary and it was fascinating to hear how they did certain shots. There was also a documentary on the dvd which was equally intriguing. It basically covered the whole production. I love behind the scenes footage like that.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The Lighthouse is definitely an intriguing fable. All the nods to Greek and Norse mythology made it that much more enjoyable for me.

My Mood
    Amazed
    Country
    Country Flag

Just watched The Invisible Man. I thought it was a decent take on a classic story with a fairly predictable "twist". I'd give it like 3.5 out of 5.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 378 of 441 FirstFirst ... 278 328 368 376 377 378 379 380 388 428 ... LastLast