Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 350 of 441 FirstFirst ... 250 300 340 348 349 350 351 352 360 400 ... LastLast
Results 8,726 to 8,750 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Beauty and the Beast and The Jungle Book have been the best in my opinion. Aladin was more tolerable than I thought. Haven't seen Lion King yet. They have an opportunity to "fix" Pocahontas in a live action remake. I've never seen Mulan so I might see the live action one first and then the animated one. That would an interesting experiment.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Yeah, I know. And of course I'm also part of the problem. I knew that the film was a soulless cash grab well before I went into it, but the curiosity got the better of me. Th.
    Bad Fernando! Bad! Lol
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD - 10 out of 10
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    10/10? Heavy score... I doubt it’s perfect but we shall see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watched The Perfection on Netflix last night. Holy crap. Full review coming later.

EDIT: Full review here: The Perfection
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    10/10? Heavy score... I doubt it’s perfect but we shall see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    8/10. It was great but long winded in some parts. Could have shaved 45 minutes roughly. It definitely ranks up there with his best and I would highly recommend it.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

From the end credit scroll, it looks like some part(s) were cut out.
    Can't wait for the extended version.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Indulge me.

There's a somewhat surreal feeling when you find yourself in the theater on opening night of a film that you have been following for years. I remember when Tarantino first announced his next film and patiently tracked down any news about the cast as it slowly was revealed.

First I should mention that it's very rare for me to see a film on opening night. I'd much rather wait to see it on a Saturday afternoon, but there I was in my Reservoir Dogs T-shirt at the 8 p.m. showing. The theater was half full, but there was still a buzz in the air as we waited for the film to start.

As the lights began to dim, I grabbed my popcorn and realized that I truly had no idea what Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was actually about. I only watched the trailer a handful of times and I managed to stay completely away from plot details and reviews. On this warm Friday night, I was ready for one of the greatest directors that has ever lived to take me on a journey.

Trust is the most important aspect of any relationship. That holds true for the relationship between director and his audience. I've enjoyed all of Tarantino's films. I'm not sure there's a more confident filmmaker working today. The care in which he approaches his craft is clearly evident.

As a viewer, I allowed QT to take me by the hand and lead me around the city of stars. We drove in his convertible through the winding streets of the Hollywood hills, we toured the dusty backlots of a movie studio and leisurely made our way down the Sunset Strip with its buzzing neon lights.

I didn't panic. I didn't start yearning for the shootout scene where the shit hits the fan. I didn't check the clock wondering when the blood-soaked fight scene was coming. That's trust.

I was more than happy to spend the day with two interesting characters as they went about their normal routine. At the end of the day, Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is a day-in-the-life film.

We're meant to spend a day in their shoes and that's okay. I anticipate many people calling the film boring and condemning it for the lack of plot, but that would be an unfair assessment of the film.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood is Tarantino's love letter to Hollywood, moviemaking and actors. No fan of his films should be surprised that he's given us something different here. In fact, we should be welcoming it. His last two films have occupied the same space, I for one was more than happy for a brand new experience.

As a filmmaker, Tarantino has earned this film. Trust him. He knows what he's doing. Sit back, relax and let him introduce you to Hollywood.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

:!:

That's a great review Mike. I'm surprised on opening night that the theater wasn't packed. They added extra showtimes by me because they were filling up. We grabbed tickets to one of those and by showtime it was packed.

I can see where a bunch of people are probably going to be disappointed with this one. But I also feel like people shouldn't really be surprised by it either. It did fully feel like a Tarantino film to me. And all of his films are more dialogue driven and quieter in respect to action and even the pacing of the film. But that's Tarantino, and all his movies are like that. And when the action and violence comes, it comes full force. The ending to this one was great. But considering the films that make money these days, I can see where those moviegoers won't be into this one.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I get what he's going for in the ending but I don't know if I liked it. It also means the audience knowing what happened in real life, otherwise I imagine a lot of the tension is gone.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Once Upon A Time In Hollywood:

Quentin Tarantino loves films. He loves films inside of films. He loves flashbacks in a film to another film. He nails L.A in the late sixties. Taking place at an enjoyable languid pace the film tells parralel stories, the main story revolving around a middle aged film and Tv star (DeCapprio), and his best friend and stuntman (Pitt), and the secondary story revolves around Sharon Tate and the fateful days leading up to hur murder at the hands on Manson cult members. The lives of the characters intertwine in very interesting ways.

Every scene is shot in loving detail, and it's literally a pleasure seeing a genius at the peak of his craft.

Significant spoiler

5.5/6 beers on the RFSRS

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be catching it this week, trying not to let the hyperbole affect me. All the reviews look promising tho!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    That's a great review Mike. I'm surprised on opening night that the theater wasn't packed. They added extra showtimes by me because they were filling up. We grabbed tickets to one of those and by showtime it was packed.

I can see where a bunch of people are probably going to be disappointed with this one. But I also feel like people shouldn't really be surprised by it either. It did fully feel like a Tarantino film to me. And all of his films are more dialogue driven and quieter in respect to action and even the pacing of the film. But that's Tarantino, and all his movies are like that. And when the action and violence comes, it comes full force. The ending to this one was great. But considering the films that make money these days, I can see where those moviegoers won't be into this one.
    Thank you, Heather! Once Upon a Time in Hollywood certainly isn't a film that is going to appeal to mainstream audiences, but like you mentioned, if you are down with QT, then there's no reason you shouldn't enjoy this one. I mentioned it after I saw Midsommar, but there's something magical about watching a film and not knowing where it's going. Something totally new, regardless of how heavily it's been influenced by other films in Midsommar's case is just refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I get what he's going for in the ending but I don't know if I liked it. It also means the audience knowing what happened in real life, otherwise I imagine a lot of the tension is gone.
    You make a good point and I had this exact conversation with a boyfriend and girlfriend after the film. They had never heard of the Sharon Tate murders. While I think having knowledge of that terrible night certainly enhances the ending, I don't think it totally detracts from it if you aren't familiar. That couple still enjoyed it regardless.

The AMC complex I go to has 30 auditoriums, and they put Hollywood in one of their smallest 88 seat theaters. Shame on them. However, the people inside were very quiet and the picture was beautifully sharp and clear.

Spoiler:
    Not every character in the movie was happy with the ending, nyuk, nyuk.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Weird. The AMC near me had it on 3 screens. The one I went to seated ~275, and it was more than 50% full for a 10:15 am showing on Saturday. Everyone was polite and it was a great viewing experience.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    You make a good point and I had this exact conversation with a boyfriend and girlfriend after the film.
    Lol.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You make a good point and I had this exact conversation with a boyfriend and girlfriend after the film.
    Lol.
    Breaking news, Mike is part of a throuple!

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Lol.
    Way to go stud!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Lol.
    Way to go stud!
    Nah, they weren't my type.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw Once Upon a Time In Hollywood yesterday and enjoyed it. Though some would say it was without a clear plot or arc (and they wouldn't be completely wrong), that's also part of what made the nearly three hour runtime so enjoyable: being in this particular place and time and enjoying being in the world that Tarantino created. Weirdly enough, I thought this was one of his least (if not THE least) showy, indulgent, over-the-top movies (though the movies-within-movies and TV shows was a little much at times). His favoring Hollywood nostalgia instead of ultra-violence surprised me. Though long (with some portions feeling slower than others), I was never bored because the scenes were so full of life and energy it was, like Mike mentioned earlier, nice to watch the film with little knowledge about what was coming and where the story was going. Overall, it's not my favorite Tarantino (which would be Kill Bill and The Hateful Eight), but I enjoyed myself (and my tub-o-popcorn). If I were to rate it, I think It'd be between a 7 and an 8 out of 10. Probably 7.5.

(Also really liked Rick's character development and how vulnerable he was. It's not a character I would've picked for DiCaprio before seeing the movie, but he really nailed it. And Brad Pitt, too. Their chemistry and friendship in the movie felt so authentic.)

EDIT: Reading up on some of the Manson Family members and some of their stories are fascinating, especially that of "Tex."
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Took the family to see The Lion King. Better than I thought it would be, but totally unnecessary in the big scheme of film making, though it is turning a tidy profit. 6/10

Country
    Country Flag

Loved The Farewell. Could be the best film of the year.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I got to finally do a 4DX movie while in Vegas. Had a few hours off as a workshop got cancelled and went to see Hobbs and Shaw. Had a real old school buddy cop feel and I liked it more than I thought I would. Still a lot of cheesy jokes but was funny more so. NOW... 4DX made that movie. If you have that theatre in your town... TRY IT. I’m very envious if you do. What a rush!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw:

Enjoyable summer fare, and very good Bro-Com action movie. Don't look too close as the plot is paper thin, and full of holes. The action scenes-in particular the London Streets car chase are shot very well and generate excitement. At 2 hours, 15 minutes the film lags a bit at the start of the 3rd reel. 15 minutes could have easily been cute. The banter between Hobbs (Dwane Johnson) and Shaw (Jason Statham) is usually funny. Shaw's movie sister Vanessa Kirby steal every scene she's in, and Idris Elba is believable as a human "black superman". Two uncredited cameos overtly point towards at a sequel.

4.5/6 beers on the RFSRS.

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The Devil's Backbone (2001)

Spanish gothic-style ghost story directed by Guillermo del Toro. Setting is a war-torn boarding school/orphanage set during the Spanish civil war.

I'm not sure why this movie got so many positive reviews. It's at 7.4 on IMDb and 92% at RT. But it did nothing for me at all. Ghost stories don't have to be scary, and "horror" films (which this really is not) don't have to be full of graphic scares or "kills" or whatever. But they should at least be interesting.

We see the ghost before the opening credits are over, so there's no mystery element whatsoever. Everyone knows there's a ghost and the main kid who sees him isn't really scared. The ghost just stands around. There's no great revelation about WHY there is a ghost kid. It's fairly obvious and is explained in due time--one of the orphan boys died (was killed) and now he's a ghost. He won't go away until his killer is punished appropriately.

So, nothing mysterious. And I didn't care about any of the characters. That's a fatal flaw. Well, I liked the old doctor dude, but the "kindly grandpa" fellow isn't going to carry the movie. The only interesting scene was the "boys with pointy sticks" scene. I didn't buy the motivation of the baddie to do what he did. And there's not even any real interesting context for the war, other than some vaguely leftist propaganda by the director.

Finally, so much is made over the "visual style" of the movie. Well, I hope you like sepia because most of the movie is various shades of brown. At least del Toro's Pan's Labyrinth (another movie I didn't like much, but at least more than this one), had vivid colors.

1.5 stars (out of 5).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 350 of 441 FirstFirst ... 250 300 340 348 349 350 351 352 360 400 ... LastLast