Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 324 of 441 FirstFirst ... 224 274 314 322 323 324 325 326 334 374 424 ... LastLast
Results 8,076 to 8,100 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    If nothing else, you have to respect Cruise for his dedication to the craft. This cat is out there performing airplane stunts over 200 times just to get the right cut when he could easily send his stunt doubles to do the death-defying dirty work. That's dedication.
    Fair point. I didn’t know that about him. The guy’s definitely got serious acting skills. Some of his movies are all time favorites for me because of his role in it (as an actor).
    Personally, I was even more impressed by the extraordinary hours he put in to learn to fly a helicopter, just so he could do that crazy chase scene. I still can't believe they let him do that. Just mount four cameras and let him fly. He's crazy!
    Jesus. He did what? Ok that’s pretty damn amazing.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    If nothing else, you have to respect Cruise for his dedication to the craft. This cat is out there performing airplane stunts over 200 times just to get the right cut when he could easily send his stunt doubles to do the death-defying dirty work. That's dedication.
    Fair point. I didn’t know that about him. The guy’s definitely got serious acting skills. Some of his movies are all time favorites for me because of his role in it (as an actor).
    Personally, I was even more impressed by the extraordinary hours he put in to learn to fly a helicopter, just so he could do that crazy chase scene. I still can't believe they let him do that. Just mount four cameras and let him fly. He's crazy!
    Jesus. He did what? Ok that’s pretty damn amazing.
    Yeah when I seen that on the news I was BLOWN away. That is dedication. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Wait, he really flew that helicopter? Wow. Now that's taking it to a whole other level. And I thought doing your own stunts on a broken foot was bad ass.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

And Edge of Tomorrow was cool. Interested to see if the sequel materializes. I just put the personal stuff to the side and go see one of his movies if I think I will like it. And I liked the last 3 M:I movies.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

For the record, I never stopped liking Cruise or his acting; I just didn't like The Mummy.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Wait, he really flew that helicopter? Wow. Now that's taking it to a whole other level. And I thought doing your own stunts on a broken foot was bad ass.
    Watch this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rDFjNZdtmQ

My Mood
    Cool

"How was that"
    "Very upsetting"
    That was hilarious to here. There is a longer vid that I might take a look at. But impressive none the less.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Tom Cruise actually really did that Halo jump too in Mission Impossible.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Yup, check this out too...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNxHjgpPt1k

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Guys I finally watched Annihilation...

To be expected, I was not a fan at all. It was very slow, and very, very different from the book. I guess I just don't understand, why not make your own sci-fi movie vs so very loosely adapting a book?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I guess I just don't understand, why not make your own sci-fi movie vs so very loosely adapting a book?
    I agree. Could be the filmmakers get a jump start on the plot, dialogue, etc... as if they’re using the book as a template.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Guys I finally watched Annihilation...

To be expected, I was not a fan at all. It was very slow, and very, very different from the book. I guess I just don't understand, why not make your own sci-fi movie vs so very loosely adapting a book?
    Well, that's what I expected.

In all honesty, I was bored to tears with the book and thought the film was fascinating. Garland took the general idea of the book and expanded upon it in my opinion. If I read the book first, I may be singing a different tune.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Crazy Rich Asians:

Take a half dozen or more previously worn out tropes, sprinkle in a bit of "Sex and the City", make the cast predominately Asian (Chinese), throw in a Singapore locale filmed to be so luxurious as to be a fantasy, not a reality, then add wealth and snobbishness that is not even the top 1%, but more likely the top 10% of the top 1% and there is your movie.

Very few laughs, with most coming from Awkwafina.

3/6 on the RFSRS.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Which is absurd considering there was no reason for that to be real. They CGI'd out the entire sky...

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think the filmmakers made it a point to be real. You could tell the lingering camera during these stuns lingered too long for that purpose.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Member Movie News Alert!!!!!

It has come to my attention, and not without dismay, that our fearless leader, Yes "El Jefe" (a.k.a. Randall Flagg) has never seen the cult classic film, Boondock Saints. Starring, Billy Connolly, Willem DaFoe, Sean Patrick Flannerly and Norman Reedus!!! I've tried to convince him that he is definitely missing out on a wonderful piece of cinematic story telling and some of the most classic "Shoot 'em up dialogue and action that could be said to aspire to a Tarantino film, but as yet to no avail!!!

Perhaps some of you film-fans out there that have come to love this film (and perhaps its sequel as well) can post some sense into his head and add him to the "Saints Fan Club"!!! lol

One of my favorite scene's as a "Teaser Trailer", RF................................................ ...............

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Member Movie News Alert!!!!!
    It’s been a long time since I saw it. Great movie!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've never seen Boondock Saints, and I have to say, that's a hell of a scene.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Anyone see "Upgrade?" A low budget gem with a good story, nice plot, not too violent but violence is violent, well acted, and a surprise ending. 8/10
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Anyone see "Upgrade?" A low budget gem with a good story, nice plot, not too violent but violence is violent, well acted, and a surprise ending. 8/10
    It’s brilliant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    It’s brilliant

I would have to agree. The preview made it seem like it was going to be a violent mess, but it wasn't that at all.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Country
    Country Flag

Default Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

It’s brilliant

I would have to agree. The preview made it seem like it was going to be a violent mess, but it wasn't that at all.
    If this was released in the off season it would be just like John wick. Period. It just got swept away with Deadpool and Avengers... etc

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Boondock Saints is alright. I used to like it a lot more than I do now. Take Willem Dafoe out of that movie and it's barely watchable.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a soft spot for Boondock Saints. It's one of those films that you grow up idolizing in your early 20's because its profane and cool and quotable. In actuality though it's not a very well made movie, just a fun one.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It’s brilliant

If this was released in the off season it would be just like John wick. Period. It just got swept away with Deadpool and Avengers... etc

Really? That's pretty high praise. I will have to check it out. The lack of a big name also hurt that film. Logan Marshall Green is not Reeves.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 324 of 441 FirstFirst ... 224 274 314 322 323 324 325 326 334 374 424 ... LastLast