Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 313 of 441 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 311 312 313 314 315 323 363 413 ... LastLast
Results 7,801 to 7,825 of 11003

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Will Infinity War be better than Captain America: The Winter Soldier? I sure hope so after a decade of hype. I might actually see this one the theatres a few weeks after it's been released if the reviews are good. I would pay money to see Iron Man die. I hate that guy.
    Civil War was better... Blank Panther was better... Spiderman Homecoming was better.. shall I go on?
    Better than what? Winter Soldier? You're trippin.
    Yeah, The Winter Soldier is awesome. Not even sure how many times I've watched it... At least 5. It's the only that goes beyond being a part of the MCU and is just a really good movie. If all the MCU was as good, I'd be a huge fan.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Will Infinity War be better than Captain America: The Winter Soldier? I sure hope so after a decade of hype. I might actually see this one the theatres a few weeks after it's been released if the reviews are good. I would pay money to see Iron Man die. I hate that guy.
    Civil War was better... Blank Panther was better... Spiderman Homecoming was better.. shall I go on?
    No way Civil War was better than Winter Soldier in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    You were never really here-

Grim, tense and feels like a 1970's movie that takes place in New York City. 5/6 beers on the RFSRS
    I went to the movies today and I saw a card advertising You Were Never Really Here. I grabbed one and asked the guy selling tickets if they were getting the film. Imagine my surprise when he said yes! My theater never gets films of this nature anymore.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I do not watch many movies in the theater but watched A Quiet Place this weekend. Thumbs up! It really reminded me of an M. Night movie. Good use of music and great tension without a bunch of extraneous devices.

There were a few items that bothered me in regards to plot progression but overall no serious violations for me.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I Feel Pretty-

Suffers from the death blow for any comedy. It simply isn't very funny. Quite possibly the least funniest Amy Schumer movie.

3/6 beers on the RFSRS

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Rampage! Predictable, juvenile, over-the-top the whole way. Loved every goofy disposable minute. 7.5/10.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I do not watch many movies in the theater but watched A Quiet Place this weekend. Thumbs up! It really reminded me of an M. Night movie. Good use of music and great tension without a bunch of extraneous devices.

There were a few items that bothered me in regards to plot progression but overall no serious violations for me.
    You hit the nail on the head. A Quiet Place is one of those films that is elevated by seeing it in a theater.

This weekend, I had a small space of time between an early morning job and meeting friends later in the afternoon. I was looking for 2 hours to kill in a movie theater and chose Isle of Dogs.

Anybody who knows me knows I have a love/hate relationship with Wes Anderson films. I have to say that I enjoyed the film. It is certainly unique and truly has a Wes Anderson vibe. I'm not going to lie, but I fell asleep for a brief amount of time during the third act. Not because I was bored, but because of the recliners, sometimes it just happens and I was up particularly early.

Overall, an enjoyable film... and I'm a cat person!

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Rampage! Predictable, juvenile, over-the-top the whole way. Loved every goofy disposable minute. 7.5/10.
    That’s the kind of movie I like to see at the theater. I can just go to the bathroom if I feel like it instead of testing the limits of my bladder and trying to predict the best time to go. It’s great.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I also saw A Quiet Place this weekend. I enjoyed it a lot (and it ticked all the technical boxes fantastically). Story-wise, I feel like I'd seen it before. Maybe because I read Bird Box not too long ago. Maybe because I've seen so many creatures-hunting-single-family movies.

Something that bothered me about the (kind of abrupt) ending:
    Spoiler:
    I loved how Emily Blunt's character was getting ready to kick ass instead of cowering, but isn't each shotgun blast going to attract more creatures?

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    This weekend, I had a small space of time between an early morning job and meeting friends later in the afternoon. I was looking for 2 hours to kill in a movie theater and chose Isle of Dogs.

Anybody who knows me knows I have a love/hate relationship with Wes Anderson films. I have to say that I enjoyed the film. It is certainly unique and truly has a Wes Anderson vibe.
    I think the only Wes Anderson I've seen is The Grand Budapest Hotel. Just based on that, I didn't really care for his brand of cutesy-quirkiness.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I also saw A Quiet Place this weekend. I enjoyed it a lot (and it ticked all the technical boxes fantastically). Story-wise, I feel like I'd seen it before. Maybe because I read Bird Box not too long ago. Maybe because I've seen so many creatures-hunting-single-family movies.

Spoiler:
    I loved how Emily Blunt's character was getting ready to kick ass instead of cowering, but isn't each shotgun blast going to attract more creatures?
    My theory:
    Spoiler:
    People haven't really talked about the ending too much. I know a lot of people seemed to be under the impression that the family is about to get destroyed by these creatures. I took it differently. All the noise brings a hoard of creatures flocking to the farm. The daughter blasts the high frequency sounds from the speakers. This essentially freezes the creatures making them vulnerable. My theory is that after the credits roll Emily Blunt went all She-Bitch on those things and destroyed them.

Yes, the shotgun blasts could draw more creatures, but they will be immobilized by the high frequency.

I think the only Wes Anderson I've seen is The Grand Budapest Hotel. Just based on that, I didn't really care for his brand of cutesy-quirkiness.
    The Grand Budapest Hotel is actually my favorite film of his.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm not going to lie, but I fell asleep for a brief amount of time during the third act. Not because I was bored, but because of the recliners, sometimes it just happens and I was up particularly early.
    What?! I won't lie, I do have that worry since they switched over to recliners recently at my theater. I can't go to a really late show. Whenever we watch movies at night and I get comfy on the sofa I instantly fall asleep and miss most of the movie even if it's early in the evening

Spoiler:

Anybody who knows me knows I have a love/hate relationship with Wes Anderson films. I have to say that I enjoyed the film. It is certainly unique and truly has a Wes Anderson vibe.
    I recommend checking out Fantastic Mr. Fox.

As for A Quiet Place
    Spoiler:
    I just took it that they now know how to kill the creatures so if they lure them in they can kill them.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Spoiler:
    My theory:
    Spoiler:
    People haven't really talked about the ending too much. I know a lot of people seemed to be under the impression that the family is about to get destroyed by these creatures. I took it differently. All the noise brings a hoard of creatures flocking to the farm. The daughter blasts the high frequency sounds from the speakers. This essentially freezes the creatures making them vulnerable. My theory is that after the credits roll Emily Blunt went all She-Bitch on those things and destroyed them.

Yes, the shotgun blasts could draw more creatures, but they will be immobilized by the high frequency.
    Not sure why my response is showing up in your quote, but I agree.
    Spoiler:
    I thought they just went and killed all the creatures that made it to them. Whether that was all the creatures on the planet, or just the ones in the area, I don't know. But I definitely didn't get the feeling that the family was going to be destroyed because they now held the power in how to kill them.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Roman J. Israel, Esq I want my money back!!! Usually can't go wrong with, Denzel. He di here though!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    What?! I won't lie, I do have that worry since they switched over to recliners recently at my theater. I can't go to a really late show. Whenever we watch movies at night and I get comfy on the sofa I instantly fall asleep and miss most of the movie even if it's early in the evening
    Full disclosure. I initiated super comfy mode, which consists of me putting the recliner next to me up, balling up my jacket and putting it on the arm rest, then laying down on my side. Curtains.

I recommend checking out Fantastic Mr. Fox.
    I've seen the Fantastic Mr. Fox and I do enjoy that one.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My theory:
    Spoiler:

I also figured they were going to destroy them since the daughter found their weakness. What I was thinking was that it would be too many creatures at once for them to handle...then I forgot that the frequency would freeze them anyway so it really wouldn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Roman J. Israel, Esq I want my money back!!! Usually can't go wrong with, Denzel. He di here though!!!

[/quote]

Yeah, I was looking forward to that one but it really was kind of a dud. The ending was awful. On a positive note, the character of Roman was fantastic and Denzel really disappeared into him, I thought.

Full disclosure. I initiated super comfy mode, which consists of me putting the recliner next to me up, balling up my jacket and putting it on the arm rest, then laying down on my side. Curtains.
    So you basically created a prototype of my idea to put couches in movie theaters?

I would definitely fall asleep if I did that. Just reclining is already risky.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Well how could you not fall asleep. I would have been out before the movie even started

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Super Troopers 2-

Worst "comedy" I've seen in a long time. I came close to walking out. The movie is just a bunch of set pieces strung together. maybe I should have smoked a little bark before viewing it.

1/6 Beers on the RFSRS ( zero joints on the 420 scale).

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Super Troopers 2-

Worst "comedy" I've seen in a long time. I came close to walking out. The movie is just a bunch of set pieces strung together. maybe I should have smoked a little bark before viewing it.

Out of curiosity what did you think of Super Troopers 1?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

You and me are done, professionally.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Super Troopers 2-

I liked it. Not a great movie, but quite a bit funnier than 2. Of course I watched it a long time ago (and not in a theater...but possibly under the influence of something...).

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So you basically created a prototype of my idea to put couches in movie theaters?

I would definitely fall asleep if I did that. Just reclining is already risky.
    That couch idea is the shit!

Well how could you not fall asleep. I would have been out before the movie even started
    I was asking for it for sure!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    You and me are done, professionally.
    Welp, we had a good run.

Servant of Gan DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold DanHocker is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by DanHocker View Post
    Super Troopers 2-

I liked it. Not a great movie, but quite a bit funnier than 2. Of course I watched it a long time ago (and not in a theater...but possibly under the influence of something...).
    I haven't seen it yet. Probably won't find the time to watch it in theaters. I've enjoyed most of their bigger movies. Super Troopers, Club Dread, and Beerfest. Their most recent before Super Troopers 2 was pretty bad though.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just got home from Avengers: Infinity War. Epic in every way! Exceeded my expectations in every way! One of the best, if not the best. The Russo Brothers rule!!! 9.5/10

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So, sat down with little ones and re-watched (for me, not them) the sandlot... great film no special FX and the kids went on to watch 2 & 3 the day after... awesome

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Just got home from Avengers: Infinity War. Epic in every way! Exceeded my expectations in every way! One of the best, if not the best. The Russo Brothers rule!!! 9.5/10
    Yep.... your totally right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 313 of 441 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 311 312 313 314 315 323 363 413 ... LastLast