Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 303 of 441 FirstFirst ... 203 253 293 301 302 303 304 305 313 353 403 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,575 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah bro those films aren't for the Fast & Furious crowd.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Killing Of A Sacred Deer
    Rating: Fuck Off (out of Five)

You special people that liked Ghost Story will LOVE this piece of shit.
    Those films are artsy. They're certainly not for everyone. Is there a reason why you can't identify these films before putting yourself through them? They're pretty easy to recognize.
    I watch everything, the good and the bad. This was nowhere NEAR as slow as Ghost Story, but it could have definitely been better. They all spoke like robots, they were all unreasonably awkward, there was zero explanation for the WHY/HOW of what was happening, and the climax was a letdown. The IDEA behind the main plotline could have been interesting and heartbreaking, but this movie was neither.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

That's like eating food you know you hate. I love watching movies just as much as the next guy, but there's enough good stuff I haven't seen that fits my palate. No need to dabble in stuff I know isn't for me.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Saw Inferno today after having it on the DVR for awhile. I've read all of Dan Brown's books, but Inferno was definitely not my favorite so I never rushed to go see the adaptation in the theater. It was enjoyable (the pacing and smooth editing helped move things along well) and good, fun popcorn entertainment.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Saw Inferno today after having it on the DVR for awhile. I've read all of Dan Brown's books, but Inferno was definitely not my favorite so I never rushed to go see the adaptation in the theater. It was enjoyable (the pacing and smooth editing helped move things along well) and good, fun popcorn entertainment.
    I thought they overplayed their hand
    Spoiler:
    making Felicity Jones bad. I saw that coming from a mile away.

I didn't think it was awful. Angels and Demons was the worst in my opinion.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Killing Of A Sacred Deer

I thought it was a giant turd, so I looked up what it was about. If I remember, I don't care, it was adapted from some Greek mythology. After understanding it a bit better, I came to the conclusion, it was a giant turd.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Killing Of A Sacred Deer

I thought it was a giant turd, so I looked up what it was about. If I remember, I don't care, it was adapted from some Greek mythology. After understanding it a bit better, I came to the conclusion, it was a giant turd.
    The two people I would pick on these forums who should stay as far away from these kinds of movies, Allasorte and Shannon, both saw them. How is it that I don't even know you guys in real life, but I know your taste well enough to know you guys aren't going to like Ghost Story and Killing of a Sacred Deer?

Next thing you're going to tell me is that Webstar saw both films too.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Glad that the new Insidious was good. I'm looking forward to seeing it. I really like Elise as a character, so I'm fine with this one revolving around her.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Confused

Ricky, would it shock you I enjoyed "The Disaster Artist" with James Franco? I didn't like "The Room" but I thought Franco did a hell of a performance duplicating Tommy.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Species - The second movie I'm watching for my soon-to-debut 'blog' (I need to find something better to call it). It's still a pretty solid creature feature, elevated from pure cheese by the quality of the ensemble cast. Natasha Henstridge is excellent for what she needed to do, mostly act stoic, which is both easy and difficult to do, for a first time actress, and manages to display a still childlike vulnerability and fear as Sil. The rest of the cast bolsters the movie considering they barely interact with Sil at all, and the script does a good job of establishing these characters without much in the way of exposition, and the bond forming between Masden and Helgenberger's character feels organic, mostly because there were little moments tossed in, such as when they're at the hospital tracking Sil, and Madsen picks up the candy bowl and comically asks if she wants some candy, which I am was 100% sure was adlibbed. The plot is pretty basic, but it has a nice pace, allows tension to build up (the scene in the lab when they're in there with the alien goo was so well done) and the jump scares are effective. What I didn't realize (I haven't seen this in years) was how comical it was in subtle ways. They include obligatory jump scares but change them in creative ways, like instead of the jumping cat, it's a flying insane squirrel, and the person appearing behind the character suddenly jump scared was actually two drunken bums who rise out of a dumpster LOL. Also, this movie had a lot more weird sexual imagery than I remember, considering the cocoon like like a giant vagina and tentacles literally come out of the aliens nipples and try to hang Madsen, and at one point she make a guy deep throat a tentacle. I've rambled, but it's mostly a really fun creature feature that isn't great, but it's elevated by the three C's: charm, craftsmanship, and cast. ****
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Ricky, would it shock you I enjoyed "The Disaster Artist" with James Franco? I didn't like "The Room" but I thought Franco did a hell of a performance duplicating Tommy.
    Did you mean Mike?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Confused

Did you mean Mike?
    Yeah I'm an idiot.....I meant Mike.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you mean Mike?
    Yeah I'm an idiot.....I meant Mike.
    No, that wouldn't shock me at all. It would shock me if you liked The Room. You're not supposed to like it. At least not in the traditional sense.

Also, Ricky and I are essentially the same person so the mixup is understandable.

Country
    Country Flag

Saw Molly's Game today and loved it. Full review (when's the last time I've done that?) coming soon!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I finally watched The Last Jedi. I get where both pro and con camps are coming from. I enjoyed it for what it was - a pretty decent way to spend an afternoon with my daughter. I can't really see myself rewatching it until it's on Netflix.

I was happy to finally see the Crimson Guard in combat. I got goosebumps when they assumed their combat stance and then started advancing on Kylo and Rey. Their history is very interesting. They're essentially like Martin's Unsullied (though they predate them) but with much cooler weapons and armor.

Whose leg do I have to hump to see the Thrawn trilogy on the big screen? I'll take an animated version too.

One last thought on SW: I was convinced Rey was Luke's and Mara Jade's daughter until I found out comics were no longer canon. Boo!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Member fact: Jon has never seen a Star Wars saga movie.

Jon has seen a couple of brief clips shown on Mythbusters®

Jon is a bitter, old man!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw Molly's Game today and loved it. Full review (when's the last time I've done that?) coming soon!
    I saw Molly's Game yesterday too and I also loved it! It amazes me it took Sorkin this long to direct a film. I've always been a fan of his ultra stylized writing. Both Chastain and Elba were fantastic here and I put Molly's Game right up there with Rounders when it comes to films about poker/gambling.

Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Mike. We really are the same person.

Review's up!

Molly's Game Review
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, Mike. We really are the same person.

Review's up!

Molly's Game Review
    You knocked that review out of the park, Ricky! You really captured my feelings on the film to perfection. I also discovered a new favorite word - coquettish. I can tell you're an English major.

I thought Chastain and Elba had great on-screen chemistry. Bloom has such a strong personality that she needed another strong character to spar with and I think Elba embodied that to perfection. If he was played by an actor that didn't have that trait, I don't think those scenes would have carried the same punch. Elba isn't getting enough credit for his performance here.

Molly's Game is such a great example of how a good person can find themselves in a not so good situation. A situation they would probably never have envisioned themselves to be in.

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Mike! I really appreciate that.

And you're right that it's a great example of how a good person can find themselves in a bad situation. I think that's a huge part of the draw for me. How does someone who (seemingly) had everything going for them--and a bright future--have such a downward trajectory?

And I considered a slightly lower score (say 8.5) because as I was leaving, I realized there was hardly any music/score in the film. But I don't think it detracted from it (and only would've added to the film), so I didn't. But Sorkin's films always seem to have music as an understated element.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Went to see Three Billboards a few weekends ago. Really good film, although it was a bit more depressing than I was expecting. But I guess considering the subject matter, I should have expected it. Both Sam Rockwell and Frances McDormand were wonderful in it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

It's gaining some Oscars traction so I might have to check it out.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Mike! I really appreciate that.

And you're right that it's a great example of how a good person can find themselves in a bad situation. I think that's a huge part of the draw for me. How does someone who (seemingly) had everything going for them--and a bright future--have such a downward trajectory?

And I considered a slightly lower score (say 8.5) because as I was leaving, I realized there was hardly any music/score in the film. But I don't think it detracted from it (and only would've added to the film), so I didn't. But Sorkin's films always seem to have music as an understated element.
    That's a good point. It didn't even dawn on me that there was virtually no score. Good catch.

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Went to see Three Billboards a few weekends ago. Really good film, although it was a bit more depressing than I was expecting. But I guess considering the subject matter, I should have expected it. Both Sam Rockwell and Frances McDormand were wonderful in it.
    My sister wants to see this one, so I'm hoping to catch it soon. I will have to travel to do so unfortunately. I'm just happy to see another Martin McDonagh film. I loved In Bruges, but was somewhat disappointed in Seven Psychopaths. Hard to believe it's been 5 years between his directing efforts.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a bit behind in movies but really enjoyed Everything Must Go. 3.5 out of 5.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 303 of 441 FirstFirst ... 203 253 293 301 302 303 304 305 313 353 403 ... LastLast