Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 301 of 441 FirstFirst ... 201 251 291 299 300 301 302 303 311 351 401 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,525 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

It's not for everybody, that's for sure. At least you checked by giving it another watch.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched two action movies over the past two weekends. Thoroughly enjoyed them both. Atomic Blonde had some fine twists to go along with some really excellent action fight sequences. American Assassin, on the other hand, was a by-the-books action spy movie with some excellent takes on the genres well-worn tropes. Both get 7.5/10 for pure entertainment value, though I doubt that I would need to watch either ever again.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Went to see Darkest Hour this morning. Got there 10 minutes early for an 11am showing...SOLD OUT! Evidently word in this are is out that this is a movie to be seen.

Decided to see The Disaster Artist instead.

Delightfully funny, and yet sad at the same time look at the person who made what is considered to be the worst movie of all time (The Room).
    James Franco is so deep in character, I wonder if he ever comes out. A great reflection on Hollywood and the crazy way things are done in the film business. Tons of cameos that by themselves are almost a Saturday Night Live skit.

5/6 Beers on the RFSRS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

For those that have seen The Disaster Artist, do I need to see The Room first? I'm dying to see this, but despite my love for bad movies I've yet to see The Room.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

The Room is a truly bizarre experience. I've seen the Rifftrax live version but never it by itself. It's pretty bad but fascinating at the same time. I've seen worse though. I love that the enjoyment of Trash Cinema seems to be a sign of intelligence.

Why people keep watching the worst movie ever made

Hilarious video in that article with the author of The Disaster Artist who has seen it over 100 times (!).

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I had sort of the opposite reaction. Really liked AMERICAN ASSASSIN and was very dissapointed with ATOMIC BLONDE.
    Same
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    For those that have seen The Disaster Artist, do I need to see The Room first? I'm dying to see this, but despite my love for bad movies I've yet to see The Room.
    I think you will definitely get more out of the film if you watch The Room first. If you love bad movies, then you it's a must watch. It's the Citizen Kane of bad movies. It's free on YouTube and the quality is good.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

If anyone wants to watch The Room, here it is on Youtube.

The Room FULL MOVIE

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So I watched Mother. I have to say.... I had no idea of the relationship that was being portrayed until after I researched it and then it was all I could see. I didn’t love it but I did like it allot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Viewed Darkest Hour yesterday. Fascinating look at several weeks in May 1940 when 300,000 British troops are trapped at Dunkirk. Political jockeying leads to Prime minister Neville Chamberlain (he who wants to make peace with Hitler allowing the Nazis control over Europe) is replaced by Winston Churchill. The behind the scenes political maneuvering are treacherous and Churchill who is liked by few must navigate the machinations and rally the politicians, King George the VI, and the British people to stand up to Germany, while finding a way to rescue the trapped troops. This at a time when U.S. non-intervention policies essentially left Great Britain alone as a literal and figurative island against the Axis powers.

Gary Oldman is completely believable as the irascible Churchill.

Slowly paced and very dialogue driven, I suggest viewing in a theater, or in private without interruption. The 40+ people in the show I attended gave a rousing round of applause at the end of the movie (90% of the attendees were 60 or over).

5/6 beers on the RFSRS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I think you will definitely get more out of the film if you watch The Room first. If you love bad movies, then you it's a must watch. It's the Citizen Kane of bad movies. It's free on YouTube and the quality is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    If anyone wants to watch The Room, here it is on Youtube.

The Room FULL MOVIE
    Thanks guys! I had searched YouTube quickly the other week and only saw Disaster Artist related videos. I'll try to watch this tonight. Hope it's as bad as everyone's making it seem
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    So I watched Mother. I have to say.... I had no idea of the relationship that was being portrayed until after I researched it and then it was all I could see. I didn’t love it but I did like it allot!

And people wonder why I don't want kids. "Mother" sure makes you think about it.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post

And people wonder why I don't want kids. "Mother" sure makes you think about it.
    LOL, I can see where you're coming from but did you catch the drift of the film?

Spoiler:
    The entire film is an allegory for the Bible. Ed Harris's kids represent Cain and Abel

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Viewed Darkest Hour yesterday. Fascinating look at several weeks in May 1940 when 300,000 British troops are trapped at Dunkirk. Political jockeying leads to Prime minister Neville Chamberlain (he who wants to make peace with Hitler allowing the Nazis control over Europe) is replaced by Winston Churchill. The behind the scenes political maneuvering are treacherous and Churchill who is liked by few must navigate the machinations and rally the politicians, King George the VI, and the British people to stand up to Germany, while finding a way to rescue the trapped troops. This at a time when U.S. non-intervention policies essentially left Great Britain alone as a literal and figurative island against the Axis powers.

Gary Oldman is completely believable as the irascible Churchill.

Slowly paced and very dialogue driven, I suggest viewing in a theater, or in private without interruption. The 40+ people in the show I attended gave a rousing round of applause at the end of the movie (90% of the attendees were 60 or over).

5/6 beers on the RFSRS
    I'm looking forward to this one. I hear it's a perfect companion piece to Dunkirk. I'm also a huge Oldman guy.

My Mood
    Confused

Mike, I thought that, but simply thought more on the children aspect when people mentioned it. When knowing the premise, it made me see and understand the movie differently. Especially when the dialogue seemed "childlike" at times. I liked it overall.

My Mood
    Confused

Gary Oldman is one of my favorite well rounded, can act anything, actors. Have been always a huge fan.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Star Wars. 10/10. They took every expectation I had and and flipped it. Took my off my game in a beautiful way. They paid homage to my childhood and I thank Rian for that...

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

For some reason I watched Saw 4-7. They're utterly ridiculous to the point they're almost enjoyable. The plot is the most convoluted thing I've seen. The performances and characters are atrocious. They continuously retcon everything that came before it. Jigsaw had like 8 accomplices. Who'd have thought? I really like how it takes a story that is supposed to be about the people trapped inside Jigsaw's games, and turns that into a sideplot to make room for the immensely uninteresting adventures of Detective Hoffman who, by the final film, has killed about 8,000 people. Utterly obscene movies LOL
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow - STAR WARS THE LAST JEDI in IMAX - I've seen every Star Wars movie at the theater, some more than once, including all the new releases with extra footage or added 3D. I have to say this latest was the one I liked the least. Not one interesting character or (interesting) new idea. It seemed they took the least attractive actors and actresses they could find for the minor roles. I'm not saying I don't like that idea, but in this case it just made the movie even less interesting. Just a retread, and I am very sorry to say 5 out of 10. And I went today so there were not many people there. I WANTED TO LIKE IT!!! I REALLY DID!
    Saw it today in "faux max". I agree with you completely. It became tedious to see fights between battle cruisers, dreadnoughts and rebel small fighters. Same thing with the light saber fights. Tedious, repetitive and boring (mostly because one knows the outcome in advance).

Not a single surprise in the movie. The best scene may have been Luke milking the animal...

Pure money and nostalgia grab.

25 minutes too long...perhaps more.

3/6 on the RFSRS

P.S.
    Spoiler:
    Laura Dern in the purple hair was the worst conceived character and execution. Does she have dirt on Disney? Can't think of any reason they would have used her, or the character.

My Mood
    Confused

Wow - STAR WARS THE LAST JEDI in IMAX - I've seen every Star Wars movie at the theater, some more than once, including all the new releases with extra footage or added 3D. I have to say this latest was the one I liked the least. Not one interesting character or (interesting) new idea. It seemed they took the least attractive actors and actresses they could find for the minor roles. I'm not saying I don't like that idea, but in this case it just made the movie even less interesting. Just a retread, and I am very sorry to say 5 out of 10. And I went today so there were not many people there. I WANTED TO LIKE IT!!! I REALLY DID!
    Sadly I 100% agree

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Except for BLUE VELVET, I just don't like Laura Dern, I never have. No offense intended, she may be a great human being, but I just find her totally uninteresting, in all aspects. And being a big David Lynch fan, this really grates on my nerves. When I saw her in the movie I asked myself, "Is that Laura Dern! Oh no!"
    Her wig was the worst. Chewbacca has a better 'do'

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm hearing wildly different opinions on Last Jedi. It's very interesting.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm hearing wildly different opinions on Last Jedi. It's very interesting.
    I’m shocked to hear them. I ask myself if we all seen the same movie or not. I think so much of this all will make sense in the 3rd part. I’m just enjoying it for what it is. Do I have questions?? Oh yes... but I don’t and didn’t expect them to be answered already on this journey.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

To me, the SAW movies are a guilty pleasure. The two standout scenes for me are the girl jumping into the pit of hypodermic needles (which I could not fully watch), and the detective using his ball point pin to give himself a tracheotomy so he wouldn't drown.

I finally saw THE DISASTER ARTIST, under the mistaken impression it was about ROOM (which Ive seen) and not THE ROOM (which I never heard of). So I went in ignorant of the movie's premise, which is just the way I like it, and enjoyed the movie. 7.5 out of 10 for me.
    I posted the full movie for The Room last page of this thread if you care to watch something really bad.

You may want to have friends, drugs and/or alcohol near by. Just in case....

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got back from All the Money in the World. It was one of my most anticipated movies of the year even before the whole drama surrounding it. Well, it was just okay. Not amazing, not terrible. Just okay. It's well acted all around (Plummer earns his Golden Globe nomination as the greedy, shallow, cheapskate, while revealing just enough to make us think we know what makes him tick before making us question that too; and I was surprised just how many scenes he's in), well shot, and the period settings and clothes are a lot of fun.

However, it's not the thriller that the trailers make it out to be (and what I thought it would be) and the slow pacing tends to make the film feel longer than it is (if our phones hadn't been confiscated, I'd have probably checked the time). It's also a weirdly structured film in that it (somewhat jarringly) cuts back and forth from the pasts and presents of different characters in the beginning before that back-and-forth completely disappears going into the second third.

If the runtime had been trimmed, the film injected with a dash of adrenaline, and focused more on Plummer as Getty (who really was captivating), All the Money in the World would be elevated from a good film to a great one.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

To me, the SAW movies are a guilty pleasure. The two standout scenes for me are the girl jumping into the pit of hypodermic needles (which I could not fully watch), and the detective using his ball point pin to give himself a tracheotomy so he wouldn't drown.

I finally saw THE DISASTER ARTIST, under the mistaken impression it was about ROOM (which I've seen) and not THE ROOM (which I never heard of). So I went in ignorant of the movie's premise, which is just the way I like it, and enjoyed the movie. 7.5 out of 10 for me.
    You thought this film was about the making of the film with Jacob Tremblay and Brie Larson? Had you not seen the trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Just got back from All the Money in the World. It was one of my most anticipated movies of the year even before the whole drama surrounding it. Well, it was just okay. Not amazing, not terrible. Just okay. It's well acted all around (Plummer earns his Golden Globe nomination as the greedy, shallow, cheapskate, while revealing just enough to make us think we know what makes him tick before making us question that too; and I was surprised just how many scenes he's in), well shot, and the period settings and clothes are a lot of fun.

However, it's not the thriller that the trailers make it out to be (and what I thought it would be) and the slow pacing tends to make the film feel longer than it is (if our phones hadn't been confiscated, I'd have probably checked the time). It's also a weirdly structured film in that it (somewhat jarringly) cuts back and forth from the pasts and presents of different characters in the beginning before that back-and-forth completely disappears going into the second third.

If the runtime had been trimmed, the film injected with a dash of adrenaline, and focused more on Plummer as Getty (who really was captivating), All the Money in the World would be elevated from a good film to a great one.
    It's funny because I put together my Most Anticipated list ever January. I do extensive research and include over 50 films on the list. Somehow this one slipped under my radar, even with Ridley Scott directing. Even after seeing the trailers, I don't have a strong desire to see this one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 301 of 441 FirstFirst ... 201 251 291 299 300 301 302 303 311 351 401 ... LastLast