Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 433 of 441 FirstFirst ... 333 383 423 431 432 433 434 435 ... LastLast
Results 10,801 to 10,825 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I'm really sad to hear that because I really liked Tar. Not the best of the year or anything but high up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    The first 3rd of the film was too much musical jargon.

I read an article from a composer that said he watched the film and cringed at some of those scenes because there was so much inside technical jargon that he was afraid people would be put off by it. Most sports movies don't include things like that because they want it to be accessible to people who don't know the ins and outs of the sport.
    That's what I enjoyed about it. It wasn't fake-sounding, it was all in an effort to have it feel as real as possible. That's why it's a New Yorker interview and not a New Jerseyan.
    And I get that, but I spaced out during those scenes. I prefer my art on the silver screen, not the classical concert stage. I've always thought those people were insufferably pretentious and Tar did nothing to change my mind about that perception.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ant man… well that was every joke I’ve seen so far in marvel in one movie. Every single fight, move and story line. Sorry, they need to get moving. It’s becoming boring. Spider-Man is the only really good one since endgame. I like wakanda… but I’m growing tired. 6/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm watching Ant-Man with my bros tomorrow. Welp, at least we're going in with basement-level expectations :')

Saw The Black Phone last night. I enjoyed it... but it felt underdeveloped. Lots of stuff left unanswered. The phone ringing added tension, and Hawke was creepy af.

3/5

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I'm watching Ant-Man with my bros tomorrow. Welp, at least we're going in with basement-level expectations :')

Saw The Black Phone last night. I enjoyed it... but it felt underdeveloped. Lots of stuff left unanswered. The phone ringing added tension, and Hawke was creepy af.

3/5
    Im a Marvel kid.. I REALLY see a shift happening. They showed the Flash before it as a preview and sorry BUT it looks fuckin amazing... and maybe with Gunn running the show? WE see the shift of awesomeness head over DC's way? Marvel movies are so freakin campy lately
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Knock At The Cabin- Loved it. Book was better of course but this was done really well. First hour was by the book and the changes weren't horrible. The ending was different which was the best part of the book and why I loved it but well worth seeing. Babtista was a perfect cast for Leonard.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Can't wait to read some reviews of The Outwaters....

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Marvel might have an issue on their hands. If Guardians is met with a similarly lukewarm reception, they better start rethinking things.

Ant-Man was a mess visually.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Ant man… well that was every joke I’ve seen so far in marvel in one movie. Every single fight, move and story line. Sorry, they need to get moving. It’s becoming boring. Spider-Man is the only really good one since endgame. I like wakanda… but I’m growing tired. 6/10

I liked it better than you. Quantumania comes in at an 8 for me. The Marvel universe is so large at this point that I try to not compare them so much as look forward to the narrative as a whole. Jonathan Majors' Kang was a great villain. And with the
    Spoiler:
    credit sequences I am looking forward to more Kang(s) in future Marvel projects, especially Avengers: The Kang Dynasty.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Ant Man

Film was all over the place. Literally. It kept zipping from location to location so fast I didn't have time to digest most of the interactions taking place.

Paul Rudd was phenomenal as always. MODOK looked ridiculous, couldn't take him seriously. Kang was amazing and Majors is shaping up to be a worthy successor to Thanos.

A few good gags and impressive visuals, but definitely one of the weaker MCU films.

2/5

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Cocaine Bear 4/4
    How can I give it anything else? It's a classic already

M3GAN Unrated on Peacock is a superior film to the theatrical release. 3.5/4
    Not just gorier, which it is, but also much darker and more heavy with the premise of our daily lives dependent on machines. Shame this one didn't hit movie theaters.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Operation Fortune: Ruse de Guerre:

Stupid lengthy title that is tough to recite when someone asks "what's the most recent movie you watched?"

BTAIM, a rather obtuse plot (intentionally...?), but the actors deliver. Aubrey Plaza continues to impress, Jason Statham is...well Jason Staham. Wonderfully sublime performance by Hugh Grant as the Billionaire Arms dealer/Orphans of War philanthropist, and boy fan of a famous actor (kidnapped and blackmailed) played well by Josh Hartnet.
    A bit of a Guy Richie humorous take on Bond, Mission Impossible and even his own films.

4/6 Beers on the RFSRS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanted to see that one a lot, but my guess is I end up catching it once it leaves theaters.

65 2/4
    My bf likes dinosaurs otherwise probably would have skipped this. It's visually appealing with great special effects and gore (Sam Raimi is a producer) but check your brains at the door cause this movie seems like two people talking over a bowl and saying hey you know what would be a cool movie? If "Aliens" landed on Earth right before the meteor that killed the dinosaurs off hit. And these Aliens were also humans that knew terms like "kilometers" Now it could have been something better but the script and dialogue is just bad. I think I read this was shot under COVID restrictions which explains the 4 person cast. The action, scenery and even the acting is not terrible but I only recommend for dinosaur lovers because the dinosaurs were really cool.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I was really looking forward to 65, but I was disappointed. It felt like there were three separate movies/ideas jam-packed into one, and it didn't really work as well as I was hoping. I was expecting a straight horror/thriller survive-against-dinosaurs movie, so the pseudo-father/daughter thing didn't work for me. It's biggest sin of all is that it's a dinosaur movie that ends up being pretty slow and boring.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad you guys are talking about 65 because I was really looking forward to it. I love dinosaurs and video games like Turok. I'm also a huge Adam Driver fan so the fact that 65 was such a mess really disappointed me.

What frustrates me more than anything is how a film can get greenlit and then go through an entire production with nobody saying, "Hey, Adam Driver is stuck on Earth with only one other person. Do you think it might be a bad idea for her not to speak any "English"? Seriously, why not make them both speak the same language? Why force Driver to do so much heavy lifting? Makes no sense.

You may have noticed I put English in quotes above. This was another thing that really took me out of the movie. We learn that Driver's character is from a planet somewhere in the galaxy. He speaks our language which I can kind of let slide if you at least introduce some other language and then imply we are now hearing it in a language we can understand.

That I can let slide, kinda. What I can't let slide is the fact that on this far-off planet, they also use kilometers to measure distance! Fucking sloppy! Why make it another planet? Make him an astronaut and make it a reverse Planet of the Apes. Done.

More and more I can tell you if a film is going to be good by looking at the directors. If they have nothing on their resume but garbage nobody has heard of, it's a huge red flag.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What frustrates me more than anything is how a film can get greenlit and then go through an entire production with nobody saying, "Hey, Adam Driver is stuck on Earth with only one other person. Do you think it might be a bad idea for her not to speak any "English"? Seriously, why not make them both speak the same language? Why force Driver to do so much heavy lifting? Makes no sense.

We learn that Driver's character is from a planet somewhere in the galaxy. He speaks our language which I can kind of let slide if you at least introduce some other language and then imply we are now hearing it in a language we can understand.
    Agree with both of these points!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still waiting for the first film to be produced completely by the public. I think it would be a great experiment.

Once Matt becomes a filmmaker, we give him notes to make sure this bullshit doesn't happen.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I wanna be Executive Producer on Matt's film.

All they do is take credit and get invited to awards parties right?

That's me.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I wanna be Executive Producer on Matt's film.

All they do is take credit and get invited to awards parties right?

That's me.

Well, technically they're the ones who own the production studios and are bankrolling the thing. So if you wanna pony up a few million dollars for me, I ain't gonna say no bro.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad you guys are talking about 65 because I was really looking forward to it. I love dinosaurs and video games like Turok. I'm also a huge Adam Driver fan so the fact that 65 was such a mess really disappointed me.

You may have noticed I put English in quotes above. This was another thing that really took me out of the movie. We learn that Driver's character is from a planet somewhere in the galaxy. He speaks our language which I can kind of let slide if you at least introduce some other language and then imply we are now hearing it in a language we can understand.

That I can let slide, kinda. What I can't let slide is the fact that on this far-off planet, they also use kilometers to measure distance! Fucking sloppy! Why make it another planet? Make him an astronaut and make it a reverse Planet of the Apes. Done.

More and more I can tell you if a film is going to be good by looking at the directors. If they have nothing on their resume but garbage nobody has heard of, it's a huge red flag.

Man, the things I could tell you about the short film I just finished DPing in terms of how terrible scripts get through and don't get changed. I showed the assembly cut to my cinematography teacher the other day and he had no idea why any of the characters were doing what they were doing, and when I explained how it's written he just said, "Wow, there's some real leaps in logic eh?" I tried my best to make the film logical, but no changes really came about so I ended up having to make a shitty script as visually engaging as possible...thank God we had some actors who could somewhat make it work....
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

JOHN WICK 4 is 11/10. WOW

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Go see it just for the shotgun scene!!

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

At ~3 hours it was entertaining to see 1,623 people killed?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    At ~3 hours it was entertaining to see 1,623 people killed?
    RF.... the time flew by. Its by far the most beautifully shot of them all as well. The directors use of color is really something here. I hope you go see it and report back what you think. There are so many scenes that had the theater jumping out of their seats and yelling out. Only a few times have I been in a theatre where the audience clapped and a full house did just that last night.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 433 of 441 FirstFirst ... 333 383 423 431 432 433 434 435 ... LastLast