Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 437 of 441 FirstFirst ... 337 387 427 435 436 437 438 439 ... LastLast
Results 10,901 to 10,925 of 11005

Thread: Rate The Last Movie You Saw.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Rented the would be thriller, To Catch A Killer. Kind of a mixed bag for me. The premise was good, and it has some interesting set pieces. I can take or leave Shailene Woodley depending on the project - this one was watchable. 6/10

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched Extraction and Extraction 2 on consecutive nights. Hemsworth is more than serviceable in these high action thrillers. The first one boasts a 12 minute one-shot while the sequel boasts a 20+ minute one-shot, though looking closely you can find the edits. Some great action sequences, even if neither film rises to the level of a John Wick. I hear that a third one has been green-lit - looking forward to it. 7.5/10 for each one.

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Watched Extraction and Extraction 2 on consecutive nights. Hemsworth is more than serviceable in these high action thrillers. The first one boasts a 12 minute one-shot while the sequel boasts a 20+ minute one-shot, though looking closely you can find the edits. Some great action sequences, even if neither film rises to the level of a John Wick. I hear that a third one has been green-lit - looking forward to it. 7.5/10 for each one.
    I enjoyed both I and II. Glad to hear a III is in the works!
    As for John Wick? First one - LOVED it! Second one was okay. Third one stunk. Have yet to see IV.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Asteroid City-Lots of hype about this movie, and numerous good reviews. I found it boring and not funny. The Director seems to wrangle a bunch of A-list movie actors to appear in the show, bit it seems all style and no substance. Watching it was like watching the gloriously painted backdrops for the film dry.
    3/6 Beers on the RFSRS.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Do you generally enjoy Wes' work or no?
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Do you generally enjoy Wes' work or no?
    I'm not an avid fan of his work, but I'm not a hater either.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Heading out to see an old friend tomorrow night at 7PM - Indy, don't let me down.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Heading out to see an old friend tomorrow night at 7PM - Indy, don't let me down.
    Me too.. Sadly I am going with low expectations.. my buddy said first act is AMAZING.... the last one? Ill be upset... if Disney makes the new Indy a woman... Im gonna be so upset They should have made Short Round the next "Indy style" adventurer. Oh wel.. I cannot wait to see it either way!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Me too.. Sadly I am going with low expectations.. my buddy said first act is AMAZING.... the last one? Ill be upset... if Disney makes the new Indy a woman... Im gonna be so upset They should have made Short Round the next "Indy style" adventurer. Oh wel.. I cannot wait to see it either way!
    I am guessing that we will disagree, once again!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED INDY!! Wow. I wanna see it again. It was fantastic and only missing one small detail for it to be perfect. 9/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

I am guessing that we will disagree, once again!
    I'm betting you love it. I'm such a fan.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED INDY!! Wow. I wanna see it again. It was fantastic and only missing one small detail for it to be perfect. 9/10

WOW! For once we totally agree! Loved every minute of it. A fitting end to the series. 9/10

Country
    Country Flag

WOW! For once we totally agree! Loved every minute of it. A fitting end to the series. 9/10
    Yep. Only Two SMALL things hold a flawless 10/10 for me. Man I loved it

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Me and the BF have watched all four of the previous ones this week in anticipation, can't wait for this one! He had not seen The Temple of Doom since the theater but owns Raiders and Holy Grail. The only one I saw in the theater was Crystal Skull but Temple was the first one I saw as a kid.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Asteroid City 3.5/4

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Glad to hear that someone who was worried about what it might be ended up loving it (not that I'm too worried about it, but these days one doesn't know what to expect).
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Bored last night and so my wife and I decided to give Ghosted a try. Watched the whole preposterous thing. It fails in its attempt to be a rom-com, in its attempt to be an action film, and it's attempt to entertain. Other than some zany cameos (do I dare say they are worth watching the film for?) this was not very good. 5/10 - cameos, 9/10

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oppenheimer

Tense, captivating (for the majority of the film anwyay), and a haunting performance by Murphy. I'm glad he finally got the role he deserves because he's able to deliver so much emotion with his eyes and subtle facial tweaks. He deserves an Oscar nod at the very least.

Everything leading up to and including the detonation of the Trinity test bomb is fantastic. Watching Oppie's humble beginnings as a lab student and tracing his trajectory into possibly the most historical figure in wartime politics was as informative as it was enthralling. I'm sure the film applies a generous amount of Hollywoodism but it's difficult not to imagine all the overlap with the real-life obstacles JRO had to overcome to end up where he did.

Felt the film lost a lot of steam once the bomb is complete and it moves away from the paradigm shift of war-time science and into a courtroom drama via his railroading by the US government. Downey JR is fantastic with his portrayal of Oppenheimer's political rival with a deep-seated resentment, I just think this portion of the film went on for far too long, would have much preferred more real estate be given to before the bomb was detonated.

In the end, an almost completely riveting look into the man who changed the world, for better or for worse.

4/5

Oppenheiemer on Saturday and Barbie today. Fantastic weekend of films and I need to think about how to rate them but wow!

The opening to Barbie is quite funny.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oppenheiemer - a very interesting character study. There's so much I didn't know, and so much was filled in for me, and yet I was left wanting to know even more. Great performances all around, and Nolan scores big time. 8.5/10

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    Oppenheimer

Tense, captivating (for the majority of the film anwyay), and a haunting performance by Murphy. I'm glad he finally got the role he deserves because he's able to deliver so much emotion with his eyes and subtle facial tweaks. He deserves an Oscar nod at the very least.

Everything leading up to and including the detonation of the Trinity test bomb is fantastic. Watching Oppie's humble beginnings as a lab student and tracing his trajectory into possibly the most historical figure in wartime politics was as informative as it was enthralling. I'm sure the film applies a generous amount of Hollywoodism but it's difficult not to imagine all the overlap with the real-life obstacles JRO had to overcome to end up where he did.

Felt the film lost a lot of steam once the bomb is complete and it moves away from the paradigm shift of war-time science and into a courtroom drama via his railroading by the US government. Downey JR is fantastic with his portrayal of Oppenheimer's political rival with a deep-seated resentment, I just think this portion of the film went on for far too long, would have much preferred more real estate be given to before the bomb was detonated.

In the end, an almost completely riveting look into the man who changed the world, for better or for worse.

4/5

I actually thought the last third of the film was the strongest. Those performances during it from RJD, Ehrenreich, Clarke, Blunt, and Murphy, were just so riveting. I felt the first third could've had some trimming and I dozed off for a minute...more to do with having only 4 hours sleep before seeing Barbie at 10:30am and waiting almost 2 hours for Oppenheimer to start than the quality, but I had no issues with being alert and into the rest of the film once Matt Damon's character showed up.

Oppenheimer is an easy 5/5 for me. Tremendous stuff.

Barbie is a 4.5/5 for me. They got a little heavy handed with the messaging, but considering the messaging is likely aimed at younger audiences I'm okay with that, plus the messaging was directly related to the plot itself so they disguised it very well. That production design was terrific. Ryan Gosling was just too damn funny. The narrative was a lot more clever than I was expecting. I thought they did a good job balancing being critical of Barbie's history and it's potential negative effects, while highlighting the positive aspects of the dolls too. Credit to Mattel for letting Gerwig throw shade at Barbie.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Barbie - just brilliant! Given the subject matter, this film has no right to as good as it was. Greta Gerwig and Noah Baumbach balance each other so well with a winning screenplay. The choice to
    Spoiler:
    make Ken the antagonist
    was outstanding. Gosling and McKinnon scene stealers. And yes, big kudos to Mattel for allowing Barbie to be knocked down a peg, while also elevating her. Yes, the message is a bit heavy handed, as others have said, but as a father of two girls I have not problem with it. 9/10.

Mission Impossible: Dead Reckoning Part 1 is another fine piece of entertainment from Tom Cruise. This one is a bit light on story, but then these films are really all about the action set pieces. The set pieces are fun this time around but car chases and fights on a train top seemed a bit generic, even for this series. Still, looking forward to Part 2, which will sure be delayed because of the strikes. 8/10

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I actually thought the last third of the film was the strongest. Those performances during it from RJD, Ehrenreich, Clarke, Blunt, and Murphy, were just so riveting. I felt the first third could've had some trimming and I dozed off for a minute...more to do with having only 4 hours sleep before seeing Barbie at 10:30am and waiting almost 2 hours for Oppenheimer to start than the quality, but I had no issues with being alert and into the rest of the film once Matt Damon's character showed up.
    Oppenheimer is an easy 5/5 for me. Tremendous stuff.
    I guess I was more interested in the science aspect of the film. The courtroom drama part of it -superbly acted tho it was- has been done better in other films.

Tbf though I fully understand the film is called Oppenheimer and not Trinity Test, I was just more invested in the first 2/3 of the film when they were racing against the clock and the stakes felt higher.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Meg 2: The Trench - Let me put it out there that I absolutely loved The Meg. Jaws is my favorite movie of all time, and the The Meg has given me much fun each time I see it, so my expectations were high, especially after I read the New York Times review: "gorier, funnier, and more stylistic" than the original. Boy was I let down. The first half is slow and plodding, and the second half strives to hit the highs of the original. 6/10.

Maybe they can redeem themselves the third time around with Meg: Primal Waters, the third book in the series.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I felt similarly about The Meg 2. I thought the trench and Big Bad mining company stuff was really boring (and really hard to see). But I did really enjoy the last third once they get to Fun Island
    But at that point it's basically a re-tread of the first film (which I really liked a lot).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 437 of 441 FirstFirst ... 337 387 427 435 436 437 438 439 ... LastLast